REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 1 member and 111 guests
Powerlifting Advertising. Strongman Advertising.
You are here: HomeForumBigMacca → View All Posts

View All Posts: BigMacca

12345678910 ... ... 615616617618619620621622623624625

» An old, fat fool starts a log. Hope no-one minds (Go to post)15-02-2018 @ 10:41 
Fatpete said:
Agree with the chips, but then we have to differ, however I will say this, if with a gun to my head I had to choose between curry sauce and thick gravy, then thick gravy it would be.
So it isn't that bad, it just can't hold a candle to thin.
Ideally gravy could be served in a cup, and sipped, like tea
Happy

Ideally, you should be able to stand a chip upright in said cup of gravy Happy
» An old, fat fool starts a log. Hope no-one minds (Go to post)15-02-2018 @ 00:06 
Fatpete said:
Curry sauce on cheesy chips for you then Macca ?

You can keep your cheesy chips, but curry sauce or thick gravy are Golden!
» An old, fat fool starts a log. Hope no-one minds (Go to post)13-02-2018 @ 21:23 
Fatpete said:
Curry, no, never, under no circumstances. I would never pollute traditional chip shop fare with the vileness that is curry. Although it does seem quite common which never continues to amaze me. Having said that I know of a couple of local chippies which sell "cheesy chips" which horrifies me even more but again they wouldn't sell it if no-one bought it.
Gravy is quite divisive. Like its yellow brother custard the world seems to be rather split, those who like it thick and gloopy and those who like it thin and runny. I am very firmly in the thin and runny camp and chip shops tend to be thicker and gloopier than I like. So I do without. Thin gravy is best, but none is better than thick

It's amazing just how wrong a chap can be!
» Britain's Strongest Man 2018/Giants Live GB (Go to post)29-01-2018 @ 11:49 
Post Edited: 29.01.2018 @ 14:17 PM by BigMacca
hixxy1985 said:
thanks Pete
It was alot closer than scorecard suggests. I was hard done too on FWD hold had a bit of a unlike me moment rowing with Magnus afterwards lol
Eddie was awesome. Just wish the mention of injuries this n that would just stop. We all get injured.
I was sat on bog and head in bath tub days before with a stomach virus but I don't pipe up about that every 5 seconds!!!

That's your issue right there G-Unit - Piss poor social media sympathy post game!

Great performance at the weekend mate, you've had me grinning most of the weekend - It was just amazing to see you going balls out and going so well!
» The best space sci-fi film to date ? (Go to post)17-01-2018 @ 20:04 
Not only is the best film, it also contains the best handshake ever!

» An old, fat fool starts a log. Hope no-one minds (Go to post)13-01-2018 @ 13:05 
aaron_lohan said:What time are you training today.

Don't fall for it Mr Pete, he just wants to be able to get in 20 minutes before you do and turn on all the lights!
» An old, fat fool starts a log. Hope no-one minds (Go to post)10-01-2018 @ 11:17 
Post Edited: 10.01.2018 @ 11:18 AM by BigMacca
Fatpete said:
I am considering purchasing shoes from vivobarefoot.com. If anyone has or has had any I would be interested in your thoughts

I have a couple of pairs Mr Pete.

As a shoe to squat and deadlift in, they are very good as they sport a super thin, grippy sole that is completely flat.

Mine fit large though (normally a 10, but could get away with 9.5 or even a 9 in these).

This is the reason I don't wear them a lot as my feet move around a little too much when playing with the heavy weights (I bought them off eBay 2nd hand so didn't get to try them on first)

I was actually considering getting a correctly sized pair only last week...
» are blanket 70mph motorway speed limits too slow? (Go to post)05-01-2018 @ 11:30 
Rick said:I believe quite a few of the HGVs are limited to 52 or 54 by operators for fuel reasons, or some such, so there'll always be plenty of elephant racing to f**k things up. (Source: a close relative who until recently drove HGVs for an agency.)

Whatever speed they are actually limited to isn't really important Pedant Rick Happy

This issue is cars doing ever so slightly less than this speed!
» are blanket 70mph motorway speed limits too slow? (Go to post)05-01-2018 @ 10:41 
Brett_H said:^ there's few things more dangerous than moving too slow on a free flowing motorway in my opinion, I was in the car with the mother-in-law recently, she entered the strangely free flowing M6 at 30mph, and refused to go above 50 and was usually going between 40-45, the amount of HGV and high MPG drivers that had to swerve out of the way suddenly to avoid collision is almost enough to give a guy PTSD.

Worse are the folk who sit in lane 1 doing 55mph.

All the HGV's sit at 56 MPH so they will have to overtake said drivers and they do so only carrying 1mph more speed, creating a rolling 2 lane roadblock for everyone else!
» Strongman on TV (Go to post)02-01-2018 @ 20:32 
scruffmcbuff said:
Oooh the mystery makes it even more appealing to know!
I think your pro shaw.

I'm in Leeds watching panto at the moment, but I can meet you at the train station at around 22:00?
» Strongman on TV (Go to post)02-01-2018 @ 19:00 
scruffmcbuff said:
Pick a side.

Oh, I've picked a side, I just don't feel the pressing need to tell people who are on the other one why they are wrong Grin
» Strongman on TV (Go to post)02-01-2018 @ 15:34 
AdamT said:
dannyboy73 said:Shaw is a prize nob.
There you go.

Seems one of the nicer blokes on the circuit!

Can we not? I'm not sure I can take another Shaw is a god / Shaw is a nob segment....
» Sonny Webster Takes Creatine (Go to post)16-12-2017 @ 23:14 
IainKendrick said:
Shocked

I know, who would have thought it?
» Sonny Webster Takes Creatine (Go to post)16-12-2017 @ 21:48 
PaulSavage said:Honestly I can't see why this wouldn't be the case sometimes. Wouldn't that be a way to get above the competition by putting 'extra' stuff in supplements that will make the product more effective than alternative products? Obviously there's an easy way to find out what's in it so all they need to do is test it.

They did, he's had all off his supplements tested and none of them contained any trace of Osta
» An old, fat fool starts a log. Hope no-one minds (Go to post)12-12-2017 @ 11:14 
Fatpete said:
It's taken almost nine years but here we are. I still struggle to quite believe just how many people actually come in here and read this foolishness, but I am mightily glad that they do.
If anyone has a favourite post or memory that sticks in the brain cells, for whatever reason, remind us now. It may give us a laugh
Mine would have to be either the one about shoe sizes being one barleycorn different to the one next to it, and possibly the time I shared the "Kim's clitoris" training principle with a waiting world, who sadly had never known Kim or her clitoris
Happy Happy Happy

Adders being referred to as 'a rare place to have a wank' is a personal highlight for me Happy

12345678910 ... ... 615616617618619620621622623624625

You are here: HomeForumBigMacca → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2018 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions - Website by Devto