REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 2 members and 86 guests
Powerlifting Advertising. Strongman Advertising.
You are here: HomeForumBigMacca → View All Posts

View All Posts: BigMacca

12345678910 ... ... 614615616617618619620621622623624

» An old, fat fool starts a log. Hope no-one minds (Go to post)27-11-2017 @ 10:24 
Fatpete said:
Not a fan of chilli even without cheese, and if you wish to eat said meal with lashings of cheese then far be for me to try to persuade you otherwise. As long as you don't advertise it as "chilli con carne" and then serve it with cheese I hold no objections. But as "con carne" simply means "with meat" there is no reason for your average cheese-hater to suspect that it would contain the vilest food known to man.
Did Mrs Macca do the same or was hers sans cheese ?

Mrs Macca had cheese, as did Mini Mac.

We also had cheesy garlic bread to go with it Happy
» An old, fat fool starts a log. Hope no-one minds (Go to post)26-11-2017 @ 21:31 
Mrs Macca cooked chilli con carne for tonight's tea and do you know what I topped it with?

That's right, cheese. Extra mature cheddar cheese of the grated variety to be exact.

Very nice it was too
» Hook Grip Advice (Go to post)21-11-2017 @ 16:01 
Post Edited: 21.11.2017 @ 16:01 PM by BigMacca
Do hook grip shrugs once or twice a week.

3 sets of 5 - 8 will be enough. Work up to a weight that is a little challenging (hook grip wise, not shrug wise) - 180kg might be enough for your first bash at it.

Then every session add 2.5 / 5kg.

Rinse and repeat - Within a few weeks your hook will be golden!

Also, use a double wrap of decent zinc oxide tape below the knuckle of your thumbs.
This doesn't do much to make it any less painful, but any wear and tear will take place on the tape and not your skin.

Simples
» An old, fat fool starts a log. Hope no-one minds (Go to post)25-10-2017 @ 23:32 
A man was savagely attacked today at the Teddy Bears Picnic.
His condition is said to be improving, but he's not out of the woods just yet.
» 300kg squat (Go to post)20-10-2017 @ 15:11 
mirin
» Any chance AMH press (Go to post)26-09-2017 @ 12:57 
I did five sets of five last night after my pressing session.

I quite liked them to be honest - I also down bench grip barbell front raised (super slow and controlled for both the concentric and eccentric) and these definitely hit my shoulders in a different way.

I'm going to do them twice a week for a couple of months and see where they take me Happy
» Back Cramp (Go to post)26-09-2017 @ 12:54 
jedi said:I was hoping someone might be able to solve this as I also suffer ...mainly when I wake up but sometimes comes on quite badly from squatting.
I had already tried the taurine and the electrolytes and not noticed any difference. I did a bit of reading and found one or two people championing milk thistle so; as it's cheap I thought I'd give it a bash. While it's not exactly a miracle cure, I would have to say I've noticed a definite improvement. I just take it if I feel a cramp/back-pump coming on. Whether it would be more benefit to just take it regularly I couldn't say; I am notoriously hopeless at remembering to take any supplements. Might be worth a try if anyone has any lying around..

#QuinineSulphate for the win!
» An old, fat fool starts a log. Hope no-one minds (Go to post)13-08-2017 @ 19:43 
scruffmcbuff said:
Im almost certain your use of the word nose bag is different to the one i know it to mean.
Are you talking about food?

https://edge.alluremedia.com.au/m/l/2013/05/Burger.jpg
» Anybody watching athletics? (Go to post)12-08-2017 @ 10:22 
Worst thread f**king ever!
» Depression/OCD (Go to post)10-08-2017 @ 23:57 
I've not much advice to offer about coping with your issues, but before medicating, do some serious research on the links between serotonin levels and depression - it's far from as clear as we have been led to believe over the last 35 years or so from what I can gather
» Squat Pb (Go to post)07-08-2017 @ 00:18 
AMH_Power said:
It's a texas power bar, so hoping thinner plates might fix it

TPB's are as whippy as most Olympic bars!

A stiff one is what you need Sir Happy

Great squat by the way!
» Accurate bathroom scales? (Go to post)04-08-2017 @ 14:16 
rawlifter said:Anyone recommend a decent pair of bathroom scales for tracking weight - as in accurate

Some at my gym seem to give random reading .

I just want to know my weight in KG no wifi integration, body mass calculator or anything fancy

Any normal set of bathroom scales aren't going to be that accurate - There is a reason that calibrated scales cost a few hundred rips.

However, any decent bathroom scale will be consistent (as long as you don't drop it etc).

So your best bet is to find a set of calibrated scales, take your own scales to them and then weigh yourself on each set.

If the calibrated scales say you are 100kg and your home scales say you are 102kg, then your scales weigh 2kg heavy.

Allow for this 2kg in your future endeavours = Profit.

I used to take my 20 bathroom scales with me to all my powerlifting meets and checked them against the calibrated scales - They were always weighing 0.9kg light (this was over a period of a couple of years).

It's not perfect, but it's better than spunking 300 on a set of calibrated SECA scales (which I now have as I found some for sale locally for 40 Happy )

Macca
» Autostereograms (Go to post)01-08-2017 @ 13:43 
I enjoyed them both Mr Wayne Happy
» 250kg front squat (Go to post)31-07-2017 @ 11:02 
Sweet!
» Will we ever see a 500kg deadlift and 250kg log? (Go to post)28-07-2017 @ 21:04 
Fatpete said:
They were bigger than big. From memory he claimed to routinely squat 40 kgs more than the British record, bench 50 kgs more and deadlift 60 kgs more. That's just silly he over-egged the pudding to quite a degree. He even seemed amazed that he was doubted.
So if I say I can run the 100 metres and you ask me in what time and I say 8 seconds. Would I be shocked that you laughed and walked away. I would not, he was.
But hey, what do I know ?

Just a point, you were complaining his lifts to good records and the gent in question made no claims about being drug free.

12345678910 ... ... 614615616617618619620621622623624

You are here: HomeForumBigMacca → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2017 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions - Website by Devto