REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 1 member and 368 guests
You are here: HomeForumBigMacca → View All Posts

View All Posts: BigMacca

12345678910 ... ... 653654655656657658659660661662663

» BDFPA British Unequipped (Go to post)28-03-2010 @ 22:51 
dr_hazbun said:
no mate, in the WDFPA and IPF, unequipped is belt (and wrist wraps if you want them) only.
That's a very impressive squat.

I should have a video of it if it makes it's way to me via facebook - prepare to see some world class gurning Happy
» BDFPA British Unequipped (Go to post)28-03-2010 @ 22:49 
Ben_F said:Well done mate, huge squat.

What was the comp like overall?

Cheers mate,

The comp was very well run. Very organised, good venue, good facilities, good commentary and very slick spotting and loading (for the most part) - All done and dusted for 17:00.

Macca
» BDFPA British Unequipped (Go to post)28-03-2010 @ 22:25 
Hello All,

Just got back from the BDFPA Britsh Unequipped championships and and pleased to say that I'm still the daddy at 82.5kg Happy

Not everything went to plan though, I forgot to stock up on potassium so had to do my weight cut completely without - which meant I was cramping up like a bas***d all day.

My scales were also out to get me, they have consistently ready 0.2kg heavy for my last 3 comps (straight off the comp scale onto mine), but yesterday decided to read 0.6kg light. This meant I had to loose a couple of lbs via running and sweating pre-weigh in. It also meant that instead of cutting 6lbs as planned I ended up cutting 8 which left me feeling pretty s**tty.

Any way onto the lifts

Squat
235kg opener
Felt easy, I was nervous because I've recently switched from a narrowish stance with a oly heel to a wide stance with a flat sole and I didn't really have a great instinct for depth - Turns out I knew where depth was just fine Grin

255kg WDFPA Record
Hit this mother with 3 white lights, but I was seeing stars afterwards Cool. Felt pretty much like a max lift but I thought I'd chance my luck with 260kg

260kg
This lift started to go wrong as soon as I picked the bar up, it just didn't feel right - My bar path was crap and I lost tightness at the bottom, I think I only got about 4' out of the hole Angry

Bench
135kg Opener

I've really been struggling with my bench recently so I picked a easy weight to open with. It was made more difficult by the spot, I asked for a centre spot and the gut didn't wait for me to finish arching up before the lifted the bar. Luckily I still made the lift easy enough.

142.5kg
I was planning to jump to 145kg but the s**t spot had knocked my confidence. It turns out that this was a very smart move. I had a word with the centre spotter and told him that he needed to weight for my count before lifting off. To his credit he did wait this time and lifted off at the right moment but he literally lifted all 142.5kg of bar off, then when I said "my bar" he proceeded to drop it like it was scalding hot. This nearly buried me but I somehow managed to stabilize and lift the bloody thing, although I really over arched my back and sent it into a spasm.

145kg
My back was still cramping up and this felt far heavier than it should - I had another word with the spotter and this time got the bar handed to me a bit more gradually. I had a decent stab at the weight but couldn't lock out Unhappy

Deadlift
235kg Opener

Easy

250kg
Again easyish, but I was getting tired at this point (cramps had been getting bad at this point)

255kg
Hard lift and I had to grind it out but I only got 1 white light - no idea why Angry

All in all I'm a happy bunny - I made things difficult for myself with the potassium oversight but I still hit a massive squat and a decent total of 647.5kgs.
I was aiming for 660kg but it wasn't to be - next time Happy

Cheers

Macca
» Made this for a Sugdener, part ... (Go to post)28-03-2010 @ 21:21 
Just got to say that JT is a fooking legend - I only asked him about this a week or so ago Cool

Macca
» Just poured some old, unrefridgerated peri peri sauce on some cooked pork. (Go to post)25-03-2010 @ 11:27 
little_a said:
I know the referee's decision is final, but there's a lot more goes on here than this lot. Or am I missing something?

I've think I've been missing everything recently - Certainly of lost of premenstrual women on this site at the moment......
» Weight Plates (Go to post)22-03-2010 @ 01:00 
Hello mate,

I'll take a couple of hundred kg off your hands when you're ready.

Cheers

Macca
» The Olympic Dragon 2 (Go to post)21-03-2010 @ 13:24 
I'll be up for this - good time for a comp for me.

Cheers

Macca
» Strongman kit - superyoke, farmers walk, steel log, t-bar, thick barbells (Go to post)11-03-2010 @ 22:58 
Hello mate,

pm sent about the thick bars

cheers

Macca
» Squats (Go to post)09-03-2010 @ 21:15 
250kg - 2 reps

That is all

Macca
» Unit 20 1st timers comp 2010 - 3rd April (Go to post)02-03-2010 @ 15:03 
Post Edited: 02.03.2010 @ 15:03 PM by BigMacca
drew said:I don't know davey but macca is a strong bugger

Don't bet on me - I've had to pull out of this comp Unhappy (I've got the BDFPA nationals the week before which involves a 2 night stop over etc....)

I'm still doing the u90kg northern qualifier though Grin

I don't feel like touching a weight again at the moment though - last nights squat sessions was a b**ch

Squat
7 warm up sets
200kg X 4 for 3 sets
220kg X 2 for 1 set
245kg X 2 for 1 set
200kg X 8 for 1 set

Leg Press
520kg x 8
520kg x 6

Leg Extension
couple of heavy sets with a superset of sissy squats

Lying Leg Curl
couple of heavy sets for 6 - 8

Seated Leg Curl
couple of heavy sets for 6 - 8

Calf Raises
6 sets of 5 - heavy

All done and dusted in 50 minutes - it's the closest I've been to visiting cardinal chunder for quite some time Eek

Cheers

Macca
» 280kg bench press is so heavy... (Go to post)01-03-2010 @ 16:59 
I think the clue lies in the name Trollokov
» Lifting Platforms (Go to post)01-03-2010 @ 13:13 
Nice set-up,

Is there any finish on the plywood? I was thinking that it would need something(varnish, clearcoat.....)

Cheers

Macca
» Lifting Platforms (Go to post)01-03-2010 @ 10:40 
Hello All,

I'm going to build myself a lifting platform and can't decide whether to have the centre made of wood like this

http://www.g2fitnessproducts.com/ProductImages/york_barbell/st...

or simply have it all covered in rubber.....

I'm probably only going to powerlift from it so it probably makes sense to cover it all in rubber but I'm being drawn to the classic platform.
I'm also thinking that I have a wood centre, it will make it easier if I ever want to use bands etc (easy to screw stuff into wood).

Thoughts?

Cheers

Macca
» Iain's Training (Go to post)22-02-2010 @ 13:01 
Post Edited: 22.02.2010 @ 13:01 PM by BigMacca
Spam said:With that sort of total you wont get much competition at 82.5kg unless he drops down again to that cat. 90kg sounds like a good choice pal, I know its not much fun having to drastically cut weight all the time. That'll be me dropping down a placing but it will make the u90's even more competitive

660-670kg is an awesome total at either 82.5 or 90, but I think 700 is needed to be sure of beating the big fella. I feel I have a 660 in me for this year with 700 being at least 2 years away, at the moment anyway.Unhappy

I'd like 700kg at 82.5 but I think I may have to go upto 90kg for a year to get there....

I'll stop spamming Iain's log now Happy

Macca
» Good Luck Tom Martin (Go to post)22-02-2010 @ 12:58 
Post Edited: 22.02.2010 @ 12:59 PM by BigMacca
Col_Austin Said:
If he'd stayed to the end he'd be able to tell you.

Good god man - you have been doing more fishing than Captain Birdseye over the last few days.

You got some sand in you vagina? Is it chafing?

Macca

12345678910 ... ... 653654655656657658659660661662663

You are here: HomeForumBigMacca → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions