Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumTraining Journalsjust sayin hello and deadlift help

just sayin hello and deadlift help

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

Tannhauser said:
Poor old JOM. All he wanted was some help with his deads.

Right, my deadlift sucks monkey balls and there are many on here who can give better advice on seets/reps.

However, my contribution is: lose the straps and get some chalk. My background is in BB and general gym work, so I was a heavy user of straps. When I swapped to powerlifting, my grip was really weak. It's taken 8-12 months to get to the point where it doesn't hold me back. Now I can't stand straps, I don't need them and I won't ever go back to using them.

You don't really know how much you can deadlift until you bin them.

I too feel slightly sorry for him, but I know he dosn't like powerlifting gear so he can suck donkey dick (I joke John!!!) Tongue Tongue

I agree with Cliff ditch the straps. Further you need to concentrate on cycling you loads and volume. How you do this is all depenedent on what works for you. A good start is the Ed Coan/Phillip training program that is floating about. Many people have used that to good effect and there's plenty of volume on assistance work tyo keep up the muscle mass gains if your eating heartly. Essentially you work up to one heavy set a week and then get the volume in on lighter down sets followd by a few assistance lifts. The loads are cycled over a 10-12 week plan.

Off course you could do all that but you'll never know if becoming a steelfixer is the one true key!
well bet my dad would dead more then most on here and hes just a steelfixer so i could prove the point if needed and why whats good pay to u then matt griff
turbokid said:
well bet my dad would dead more then most on here and hes just a steelfixer so i could prove the point if needed and why whats good pay to u then matt griff

mate, please tell me this post is meant in jest? PLEASE? Roll-Eyes
go on then

if he can pull 300kg+ i will become a steelfixer
Well I knew a bloke once that just did a couple of deadlift sessions a year and he said that he could pull 450kg+ for reps. Mind you he was on the dole and that can really beef up your deadlift...
ill try and get it on vid then what he can do ad ill put it on ere.
My dad had bigger quads than Tom Platz, bigger traps than bill Kazamier and was faster than Usain Bolt, I just can't show you cause he lives in a hole under 6ft of earth (in a hobbit esq fashion Wink )

Tell you what Turbo English, why don't you post a vid of your deadlift, I'm a registered ref so can judge it for you.

You don't really want to know what good pay is to some on here, its not the done thing to go on about it, very unreserved British to do that.
There are two Dr's(I think), A Pilot, Enginneers, Senior IT workers etc so you can have a look at the salaries yourself and make a judgement.
Turbo, you are coming across as a huge tool mate!! Engage your brain before typeing your post

I'm off to become a plasterer. Mark Felix is a plasterer, I believe that is the reason he can pull 400KG+
but the funny thing is for what most on here strain 4 and spend s**t loads on suppliments and others on steroids how come he doesent have to do this to accomplish a dream that u have beats me and ill just keep laughing at petty comments like im getting cause i have a point
wasnt andy bolton a delivery man?
still is I believe...now that's the job to have to get a top notch deadlift
yea, he was a van driver
The secret nutrition must be the white van man breakfast
any way griff with the past i got with no gcses and everything else dont think theyd allow me 1 of them jobs matey.
so its good in my size 9s

You are here: HomeForumTraining Journalsjust sayin hello and deadlift help
Return to top View Desktop Site