Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumTraining Journalsjust sayin hello and deadlift help

just sayin hello and deadlift help

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

Come down and train with us one day when you're nice and fresh. If you've got 200 in you that day, Alan will get it out of you.
Tony - I'm not telling him to fcuk off mate he's a 20 stone monster!!!

Boar - cheers bud... 190kg is all a bit gay on here though but I was over the moon

The spot was just a guy sat in front who used the tips of his fingers to help the bar up to knee height and then left it - not deffending or supporting it but for BBing reasons it did the job, for strong person reasons I trust whatever you guys tell me.

I suppose I should of dropped back to 160 and repped out but I felt like smashing the place up when 200 didn't go so went off to the low row in a strop ha ha
Rick said:
Come down and train with us one day when you're nice and fresh. If you've got 200 in you that day, Alan will get it out of you.

I will mate... some time soon, appreciate the invite
well it was tuesday back day again
I had a cracking session overall

I went for 200kg and was within licking distance of nailing it... again failed where I did on all my other recent deadlift PB's at the knee's!!! just under the keecap, if I had got more speed from the floor I "think" I might of made it... will see next week.

So this week it went:
60kg x 10
100kg x 10
140kg x 6
180kg x 1
200kg x 1 (failed just under knee cap)
190kg x 1 maybe should of gone for a triple??? felt easy(ish) after last weeks only just making it

and that was it... went on to stack the low row for 3 sets of 10 which I've not completed before, then 3 sets of 10 chins with a 20kg plate and some more rows and lat stuff for BBing reasons.
felt great after, if I would have just got that 200kg on the deads I would of been over the moon.

till next week, thanks for looking in
PS... LOL at the subtle freaky serial killer guy in my mirror!!!
Laughing out loud legitimatly
not tuesday but had a technical session with fatpete and boar across at adlington barbell

feedback was generally good, nothing significantly wrong but tweaks needed

deadlift tips/advice to take home:
- need more speed off the floor
- dip hips slightly more but not as much as I thought
- need to lift in a straight(er) line

as I'm not going for any comps I'm gonna stick to a double over hand grip and using straps when it start rolling out of hands.

Gonna do more speed focused reps rather than squeezing the weight up BBing style I've got to take the tesion out of the bar and rip it up from the floor and be more explosive.
Also going to lift standing on 2 plates to work the bottom section of the lift more... top end I am OK I can lock out anything I can get past my knees.

heavy singles will be dropped for a month while I re-adjust

also had a look at my squats and bench
squats I don't think I can do much with but form was OK as it was, I tend to pause at the bottom and double dip sort of, need to stop that, tried diff width grips and bar placment... it seems I am a high bar guy.

bench, never been sown a power lift type bench before... foot placment/drive being a new thing... not just for stability!!!
for was OK, shoulders and whatever prob I have stopping me from having a wide grip and lowering the bar is very painful but I got some good tips on the press part of the lift.
big chest, big breath and fcuking shove the bar up fast as fcuk... diff to my normal BBing squeeze the pecs to move the bar.

All very fun and interesting, never gonna be a bencher or a squater with my joint probs but deadlift is still a goer so still focusing on that.

did go for a max dead but only equalled my 190kg, didn't feel as easy as my tuesday session, was expecting to do 200kg but wasn't to be, didn't even attept it.

BIG thanks for opening the gym and tips from fatpete and great to see boar again!!!
t'was an enjoyable session jon mate !!

nice work allround for me , esp your squat which seems lovely form + depth , but yea, no bouncey bouncey !
Post Edited: 05.04.2009 @ 17:26 PM by Boar
LOL ing a lot.

You realize of course that people will think you doctored that bit. Let it be our secret Jon. No-one need ever know
LMFAO!!!
How can you not BANG IT after that... my GF will appreciate the extra thrust I think, it'll be like getting an extra inch, just like when I shave my pubes ha ha ha
Nice one... that is EXACTLY how it happened.
Nice looking deads!
tuesday backday update:
not too happy, did some speed work off the foor and got talked into singles which were dreadful, 180 felt like 190 and 200 didn't move and I think I pulled something just under my shoulder blade.

everything else after that I did just average stuff but with less weight than normal.
I'm glad this week has the bank holidays as I need some time out, it's only my 10th week back after a long lay off and my weight has idled out and strength has started to dig it's heels in - so a bit of rest time is due.
swaped my normal tuesday and did back on monday so I could train at addlington with the bigger boys.

deads went well, didn't 1RM out but came close due to Boars adding up LOL (just messin matey).
got a few more little pointers, coach alan re-enforced petes advice to get the hips lower... was also noted I look to the right at the top of my lift for some stupid reason, will concentrate on a point in the distance as suggested by one of the other guys (andy? I think).

did about 10 sets of 5 ish, heaviest being 170 (was supposed to be 160 LOL)
tempted by singles YET AGAIN, but resisted the 1RM and did a few with 180 which is still challenging for me.
Still feeling some sort of muscular "pull" pain under shoulder blade but was OK.

brought a mate to visit the gym, he was impressed as it's a differant beast to our normal BBing type places.

said goodbye, got some compliments about my hair cut ;-)

driven to gorton and finished off my back day with single arm rows and lat pull downs.

happy today, nice day, witnessed some good lifts, nice places visited, nice people dog walked, curry now making it's way to my belly :-)
John mate - ive moved this to the journals section !!!

its your journal now.

good to see you again mate , and the flash of lower leg was tantilising !!
JohnOvManc said:
will concentrate on a point in the distance as suggested by one of the other guys (andy? I think).
That it was. Nice to meet you. Maybe next time I wont be on a mission and in miserable bas***d mode

said goodbye, got some compliments about my hair cut ;-)

Only the fashionable bottom part
Wink

You are here: HomeForumTraining Journalsjust sayin hello and deadlift help
Return to top View Desktop Site