Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsA doctor's routine

A doctor's routine

Users viewing topic: & 3 Guests

Hope your enjoying all the biking [shudders]! Fit as a fiddle.
dr_hazbun
Have you done any cycling before, leedsmini?

Iain, it's all assistance for the sumo deadlift. You see it here before elitefts.

Quick outing today:

31km - 1hr7min
The is such a great feeling of wellbeing after coming home from a decent ride, do you have topper countryside close to your chatau ?
Boar said:The is such a great feeling of wellbeing after coming home from a decent ride, do you have topper countryside close to your chatau ?

Pretty sure 31km is just round the back garden and driveway of Mr Sam's country estate.
LeedsMiniPower
dr_hazbun said:Have you done any cycling before, leedsmini?

Iain, it's all assistance for the sumo deadlift. You see it here before elitefts.

Quick outing today:

31km - 1hr7min

Used to do a lot of mountain biking but that's probably 8 or more years ago and about 20kg lighter, it's going to be tough
dr_hazbun
Boar said:The is such a great feeling of wellbeing after coming home from a decent ride, do you have topper countryside close to your chatau ?

Yeah lots of pretty little villages between oxford - Bicester - Aylesbury - Thame

I love going through 20mph zones in quiet villages at 24mph or so.

Sorry officer, it's the EPO.
dr_hazbun
73km - 2hr45mins

Enjoyed that very much today. I think I'm actually getting a bit better at riding a bike. Everything's feeling slightly easier.

A couple of ripe bananas and a few fruit pastille sweet thingies kept me good.
dr_hazbun
Did about 30km this morning fasted. Felt ok.
dr_hazbun
Did another starved ride this morning - 30km at approx 28km/h

Black coffee is all I've had so far today.

BW was 87.5kg this morning so weight coming off nicely. Surprising considering I had a few beers last night.

I suspect I'll get down to 85-86kg without really giving nutrition much thought. Basically, right now, I'm just not doing the things I used to do to purposely keep my weight at circa 92 like the extra high calorie shakes. My meals are still exactly what they used to be when I lifted weights (essentially loads of rice, pasta and meat) plus I still drink beer.
dr_hazbun
Did 80km in 3:05

Neck and back stiffness together with saddle soreness still holds me back a bit but I'm definitely getting used to spending more time in the saddle. Only stopped very briefly to refill the water bottle during that ride.
dr_hazbun said:Have you done any cycling before, leedsmini?

Really hoping it is Cool
dr_hazbun said:Did 80km in 3:05

Neck and back stiffness together with saddle soreness still holds me back a bit but I'm definitely getting used to spending more time in the saddle. Only stopped very briefly to refill the water bottle during that ride.

You've already got a decent level of fitness mate. That's an impressive ride for someone who hasn't really done a load of miles.

You'll find that the shoulders, neck and sit bones get used to it over time, keep working on your flexibility too, you want to be nice and loose.
dr_hazbun
IainKendrick said:
Really hoping it is Cool

You wait and see. Mark Bell's releasing a video soon which will explain all. It may even feature Ed Coan on a bike.
dr_hazbun
Cuddles said:
You've already got a decent level of fitness mate. That's an impressive ride for someone who hasn't really done a load of miles.
You'll find that the shoulders, neck and sit bones get used to it over time, keep working on your flexibility too, you want to be nice and loose.

Thanks and cheers for the tips. As of August when I don't have to drive anymore, I'm going to cycle everywhere!
What is it about cycling that makes people quote their distances in metric? Happy

You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsA doctor's routine
Return to top View Desktop Site