Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsA doctor's routine

A doctor's routine

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

Steve
Re dehydration. Anyone read Waterlogged by Tim Noakes? I was wondering if it's worth a read.
dr_hazbun
Steve said:Re dehydration. Anyone read Waterlogged by Tim Noakes? I was wondering if it's worth a read.

I haven't but it looks like a reasonably interesting read.
Do you get much time to lift weights anymore Sam or does work sort of cancel that out for you??

Its also noted that your as fit as a fiddlers elbow!! Happy
dr_hazbun
b15ape1 said:Do you get much time to lift weights anymore Sam or does work sort of cancel that out for you??

Its also noted that your as fit as a fiddlers elbow!! Happy

Hey!

It's not time as much as inclination. Focuses (foci?) have changed and the desire to lift heavy iron has left my body.

I'd like to get BOAR fit.
dr_hazbun
This morning the kids got me up early so I did a 2k ergo in 6:52 followed by a slow, wet 60k on the bike.
dr_hazbun
Been doing plenty of evening turbo sessions as I've had no time for the road but better than nothing.

Went out this morning and did a short loop. When I first started cycling in April, it used to take me 1:30. Did it in 1:12 today. More importantly, I hit unintentional PBs on all the climbs which is promising.
dr_hazbun
Post Edited: 12.09.2015 @ 19:46 PM by dr_hazbun
Been continuing with daily 30 min turbo sessions this week. I think they're working.

On the road, I did 33km earlier in the week and 90km today. I went out with a bloke 16 years my senior today and whilst I had to hold back and wait at several points until he caught up (especially post climbs and at junctions as he didn't know the route), I'll tell you what, if I'm riding like that aged 51 I'll be pretty pleased with myself.

BW was 81.7kg post ride Eek

There's a little part of me that's actually quite interested in what I can lift at this weight (probably f all).
dr_hazbun
4 turbo sessions in the week and a 100k (ish) road session today. The bbc got the forecast wrong - it was colder and foggier than forecast and I was a bit underdressed. Never really warmed up for 3 1/2 hours!
I bet none of your trousers or shirts fit!!
dr_hazbun
brownbear said:I bet none of your trousers or shirts fit!!

I can fit into them trendy skinny jeans now!
dr_hazbun
4 turbos thus far this week and about 60k on the road today. I should really do more climbing but I'm continuing to get better at the inclines.
dr_hazbun
3 turbo sessions and about 95km on the roads this week.

There was a 2km climb with a 5.3% av gradient and a 12% max gradient on today's ride. The last time I attempted that climb in early May I did it nearly 3 minutes and 30 seconds slower than today's effort. All other variables are more or less the same (same bike and gear) so more evidence of improvement which is pleasing.
dr_hazbun
Got 3 punctures in the last week. None for 6 months then 3 in a week. I've got Gators on now so hopefully no punctures for a while.
dr_hazbun
Post Edited: 04.11.2015 @ 19:04 PM by dr_hazbun
Did 10k on the rowing machine after work this evening...and WOW! I am now officially weedy. I have the upper body of well, someone who's done no lifting for over 6 months. My girly wrists and forearms are now sore. On the plus side, I maintained a split of 2 mins for a total of 40 mins rowing with relative ease.

With the nights putting in so early and no real daylight to speak of before work (I'm usually in for 7:45), I'm going to have to do some indoor cv work so as not to lose fitness over these winter months. It's not as nice as the bike but I don't want to get fat again.
dr_hazbun
Lots of turbo sessions and very little on the road as the weather's been particularly bad.

Even did some lifting!
Front squat 85x3
Bench 70x5
Deadlift 100x2

Lol

You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsA doctor's routine
Return to top View Desktop Site