Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumCompetitionswsm 2010 is being held in .....

wsm 2010 is being held in .....

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

Hope your recovery all goes well for you, Terry.
BigT
From Ironmind:

Giants Live is the official qualifying tour for the World’s Strongest Man and here’s a summary of who has qualified so far.

From Giants Live–South Africa, it’s Brian Shaw, Misha Koklyaev, and Terry Hollands.

Derek Poundstone, Laurence Shahlaei and Johannes Arsjo made the cut at Giants Live–Kiev.

Zydrunas Savickas, Terry Hollands and Mark Felix qualified at Giants Live–Wembley (Europe’s Strongest Man).

That’s a total of 8 so far, since Terry Hollands had qualified twice, although at this point, it’s not certain whether he will have recovered from his torn biceps in time to be ready for World’s Strongest Man 2010. Zydrunas Savickas, by virtue of being the defending champion, would have been invited back regardless.

One last chance remains for making it to World’s Strongest Man 2010 via Giants Live as the fourth stop in this strongman tour is coming up in Poland on August 7.

Among the top competitors slated for Giants Live–Poland are Darren Sadler (UK), Stefan Solvi Peturrson (Iceland), Arild Haugen (Norway), Agris Kazelniks (Latvia), Alexander Klushev (Russia), Vidas Blekaitis (Lithuania) and Jarno Hams (Holland). So this will add three more names to the invitation list.

Also guaranteed invitations to World’s Strongest Man 2010 are the top five from Strongman Champions League, the other premier strongman tour, so that would bring the numbers to the range of half of the expected list.

Who will get the highly-coveted remaining invitations?

Following tradition, they will go to strongman competitors who produced what might be termed “favorable international results,” along with a certain number of wild cards, and, yes, there likely will be some intense negotiations as the final slots are filled.

Most important, though, is the feeling that once again, there’s little likelihood of the right person not being there: As someone with outstanding credentials in the field told IronMind, “The World’s Strongest Man is not going to sit home—he is going to be there.”
I thought Arild Haugen had quit strongman for MMA/Boxing?
Cuddles said:I thought Arild Haugen had quit strongman for MMA/Boxing?

Maybe he realised that punching people in the face "isn`t big" and "isn`t clever"
LMAO

cleggy you legend
Cuddles said:I thought Arild Haugen had quit strongman for MMA/Boxing?

did you see his fight. glad he back doing strongman. and she was a s**t boxer
not many americans yet?

or do they come from US strongest man comp? Any news on results about that?
Post Edited: 23.07.2010 @ 11:14 AM by craigmanc
MarkClegg said:
Maybe he realised that punching people in the face "isn`t big" and "isn`t clever"

Mark you only say that cause you cant reach that high!!

The only person you could punch in the face is Wayne Cowdrey and my 12 year old son Joe!!Grin
craigmanc said:
Mark you only say that cause you cant reach that high!!
The only person you could punch in the face is Wayne Cowdrey and my 12 year old sone Joe!!Grin

Very true and neither of them would deserve a Punch, They are both lovely people..

YOU !!! on the other hand, I would pay good money for Arild Haugen to Smash You straight on the end of your Fat Ginger Face !!!!!!!!
stainless
BigT said:I agree that they should pick the rest of the Brit line up from the UKSC ESM, its the biggest English comp this year. Hope Sadler does go as he has missed out narrowly on qualifying for the final on a couple of occassions.

Poundstone is arrogant, but he did on one occassion hold his hands up and say he was beaten by a better man/men. Happens very rarely though; he often snipes at the other guys. However, he is an amazing strength athlete, just because we do not like him/his TV image doesn't change that fact.

How can you pick the rest of the BRITISH line up from an England's strongest man contest,isn't there only English guys in it?
As Scotland's strongest man four years in a row Goose would have earned a place in previous years but as there's been no BSM the Scottish has unfortunately qualified him for nothing.
Goose has done little or nothing to promote himself,he's not the type of guy to go phoning people to get a go a international comps and as such he's overlooked.I'm not implying that this is anyone's fault except perhaps his own but simply that he would make a decent contribution to any British representation.
BigT
It was a typo, well spotted!

Agree Goose should go; we really need BSM or similar comp back to make it fair on everyone: English, Scots, Welsh and the Irish. UK's is too close to WSM to pick from that comp.
get goose in!

lets start a campaign Grin
Brian Shaw will be the man to beat this year.. he is in great form.. Big Loz will be up there to.. and if terry recovers in time i can see him being at the top
BigT
A piece about Arild from Ironmind:

Arild Haugen is ramping up his heavy training in a bid to compete at this year’s World’s Strongest Man contest and by all early indications, his re-entry into the strongman world should be accompanied by a fair warning to the other competitors: Look who’s coming to get you! IronMind® | Photo courtesy of Arild Haugen.

“Yes sir, it’s true that I really want to go to WSM this year,” Arild Haugen confirmed for IronMind. “And therefore I will have to qualify through the Giants Live competition in Poland.

“I did a competition in beginning of June in London. I had train only for 3 - 4 weeks and did a couple of good lift and enjoyed the competition and the meetings with all the other strongmen. But after being away from the strongman events and the heavy weights I felt that I still had some power left, and after doing 12 reps in deadlift with 310 kg I started thinking about how good I could be if I trained some months more.

“So right now I am increasing the weights every week but still I haven`t started the heaviest part. The competition in Poland is heavy and not my favorite events, so it has made me train on my weaknesses Happy After Poland I know a little bit more and if I get an invitation I will be ready and rested for a real work up until the Worlds Strongest Man. I know all the other guys are getting stronger and bigger every year, but I have improved a lot on other stages when I have been gone, so hopefully I will show you a new reborn HULK. And my goal is definitely to keep the title Emperor of the Stones. And I hear rumors that there maybe will be some new and shocking events at the worlds [World’s Strongest Man contest] this year.

“A friend of me told me once, ‘If your good at something, you should stick with it.’ And I guess I`m a better strongman then a boxer. But I am also an idealist. I`m on my way, but I don`t know where I am going. The worlds is a competition that fits me well.

“My current stats are: 150 kg with better endurance then ever. I feel like I am weighing 125 kg and I am doing a lot of cardio and events training. I will try to get better on my weakness and keep my best events like they were Wink LET`S GET NASTY!!!!

“If I get invitations for the worlds, The Viking [Svend Karlsen] will train me until eat chains and s*** chains he told me Happy .”
maybe his stint as a boxer has helped Arild with his strange relitive lack of endurance, if so he could easily be up there at wsm

You are here: HomeForumCompetitionswsm 2010 is being held in .....
Return to top View Desktop Site