Or Rebecca train at yours?
Edit: sorry, at Wales comp.

I'm running the Welsh comp
Happy
Being held at Celtic Strength in South Wales
» Impressive social media lifts (Go to post)05-07-2021 @ 16:25 
Post Edited: 05.07.2021 @ 16:25 PM by LessThanLuke
Wayne_Cowdrey said:Good luck to her!

Is there an official height for stone records and are onto platform and over yoke equally valid?

48" Donna's previous record was to so that's what we'll be going to.

Yeah classes as the same thing!
» Impressive social media lifts (Go to post)05-07-2021 @ 10:21 
Rebecca will be going for a WR 172kg stone at Wales Strongest Woman in a few weeks.
» Is a push pull actually strongman (Go to post)04-07-2021 @ 11:00 
Post Edited: 04.07.2021 @ 11:01 AM by LessThanLuke
Samthepigman said:Maybe I'm not being very good at what I'm trying to get across.

The point I'm kind of making is like, comparing Football and 5 a side football. Football is the only true Football. It's not just kicking a ball around, it's played with a specific set of rules, for a specific amount of time, and with a specific number of players. If all these aren't followed, your not technically playing Football, officially anyway.

So what I'm kind of saying is, Strongman should also be defined by a certain set of conditions to make it "strongman".

Example: a competition consisting of a minimum of 5 events, all of which test a different aspect of strength, shoulder, leg, grip, back and functional (moving events).

Obviously there would be more conditions to make it Strongman, but that's just an example.

At the moment people just seem to call anything that involves lifting an odd object of some sort an official Strongman competition and break any record they feel like ?

Why 5?

I competed in a World Champs that only had 4 events. Was that not a strongman comp hah.

(For the record I think national comps should have a minimum of 6)
» WSM 2021 (Go to post)22-06-2021 @ 13:20 
luki said:
I don't know how they do this without a handicap. In groups half the field missed the 4 implements. The other half took 20-30 secs in the final. Novi resorted to moonwalking something Shaw and Tom sprinted with. Any suggestion? More light implements maybe, but then most did the first 3 of 4 in groups.

The frame was lighter in the final
» WSM 2021 (Go to post)20-06-2021 @ 20:22 
AdamT said:
Tom never loses stones,he's got this

Apart from when Martins best him by like what 15 seconds 2 years ago.
» WSM 2021 (Go to post)20-06-2021 @ 14:42 
luki said:
You could be right. I think heat is good indicator for fitness all the same. It's a light silver dollar setup, not max. Will suit weaker deadlifters. Maybe bad for carron with injury to have reps, not a single lift.

Fitness isn't really a factor I don't think. Maximes max is about 40kg less than everyone else on deads.
» WSM 2021 (Go to post)20-06-2021 @ 13:07 
luki said:The 4 points for joint forth on keg really made it a race for 3rd.

If they did the same deadlift/squat as in heats we'd have Caron 11 lifts (10points), Thompson/Bishop 9 lifts (8.5 pts), Shaw/Tom/Trey/Janashia joint 8 lifts (6pts), Eythor 7 lifts (3pts), then Maxime/Luke 6 lifts (1.5pts).

Luke going to have to push Stones and Log very hard to come 3rd now. Eythor did 6 log reps in Hixxys group last WSM to beat Caron and Thompson. Could cost some points for the Canadians. Also a natural stone record holder looking strong on stones in heats. I think he could be 4th on stones after Tom, Shaw and Luke.

Facebook live stuff
GIANTS Meadley.
Shaw bounced the implement front off the ground in pickup. Managed to keep going, without a stop. I think most would have dropped.
Luke and Tom went head to head. Luke dropped early at finish. Lost balance. Tom overtook while he lifted over line. Luke was winning and maybe would have been 17secs but for early release.
Bit of a funny meadley without front carry IMHO.

Turntable
Brice was discussing using back straight with extended arms at the start of the push vs putting shoulders into the post. Tom, Janashia had the mobility to do arms out front and got it moving fastest.
A lot of guys have to bend arms to push. According to Licis this causes shoulder pump. So the bent arm guys will shoulder and transition to arms out. However, the turntable slows during the arm switch and just brutal to get moving again.

Keg Toss
Shaw wanted to do 8.5m, but settled for 7.75m WR.

Maxime had squat in the heats. His deadlift is very poor. He'll come last on that event.

If they did the same deadlift/squat as in heats we'd have Caron 11 lifts (10points), Thompson/Bishop 9 lifts (8.5 pts), Shaw/Tom/Trey/Janashia joint 8 lifts (6pts), Eythor 7 lifts (3pts), then Maxime/Luke 6 lifts (1.5pts).

Luke going to have to push Stones and Log very hard to come 3rd now. Eythor did 6 log reps in Hixxys group last WSM to beat Caron and Thompson. Could cost some points for the Canadians. Also a natural stone record holder looking strong on stones in heats. I think he could be 4th on stones after Tom, Shaw and Luke.

Facebook live stuff
GIANTS Meadley.
Shaw bounced the implement front off the ground in pickup. Managed to keep going, without a stop. I think most would have dropped.
Luke and Tom went head to head. Luke dropped early at finish. Lost balance. Tom overtook while he lifted over line. Luke was winning and maybe would have been 17secs but for early release.

Turntable
Brice was discussing using back straight with extended arms at the start of the push vs putting shoulders into the post. Tom, Janashia had the mobility to do arms out front and got it moving fastest.
A lot of guys have to bend arms to push. According to Licis this causes shoulder pump. So the bent arm guys will shoulder and transition to arms out. However, the turntable slows during the arm switch and just brutal to get moving again.

Keg Toss

Maxime had squat in the heats. His deadlift is very poor. He'll come last on that event.

Facebook live stuff
GIANTS Meadley.

Turntable

Keg Toss

» WSM 2021 (Go to post)18-06-2021 @ 00:19 
93hopkinsonr said:Luke Stoltman vs Novikov in the stone off is a juicy battle

Its being reported as Stoltman vs Faires. Novikov 4th and out.
» Kaos Strongest Teen 2021 (Go to post)16-06-2021 @ 16:23 
Thanks for filming Will mate. Great vids.
» coronavirus (Go to post)08-06-2021 @ 10:21 
Nimble said:
With all due respect, why do you get to simply say “evidence” with no citations but others have to provide them?
I happen to be pro mask (though not by law or for children) but not because there’s great evidence for them — there really isn’t — but because the possible upside (may reduce r which of course has exponential benefit) is greater than the downside (mostly environmental and social, both of which we can deal with).

Yeah similar to how I feel. I find masks extremely annoying but the chance that they MIGHT help is enough really.
I agree also that it shouldn't be law.
» Impressive social media lifts (Go to post)18-03-2021 @ 22:20 
danbaseley said:105kg IPF lifter, pulling 420kg in the gym. Conventional.

I quit.
» Britain's Strongest Man U80kg 2021 (Go to post)16-03-2021 @ 19:03 
Samthepigman said:Personal opinion is there isn't enough lads for regionals. England's U90 is skipping them again this year and in my opinion going against 25 lads in a final showdown as apposed to 5-6 lads in a qualifier is much more fun

Just my opinion obviously Happy

I agree. Also takes less time and resources to do 1 comp vs 4 which allows you to funnel the money back into the comp.

12345678910 ... ... 407408409410411412413414415416417

You are here: HomeForumLessThanLuke → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions