REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 183 guests
You are here: HomeForumVoice_of_Reason → View All Posts

View All Posts: Voice_of_Reason

» How short do you have to be to suffer from Small Man Syndrome? Discuss: (Go to post)14-09-2009 @ 13:54 
Wayne_Cowdrey said:Yawn

If it's boring you don't read it.
» How short do you have to be to suffer from Small Man Syndrome? Discuss: (Go to post)14-09-2009 @ 13:51 
Shorter than 5'5", I reckon.
» Got a f**king parking ticket (Go to post)14-09-2009 @ 13:50 
MattGriff said:
Forshame! Swayed by the masses!

Good point actually.

Let me try and make it up to you.
» Got a f**king parking ticket (Go to post)14-09-2009 @ 12:43 
Alright ladies, keep your Alans on. No need to be abusive.

I'll try and be positive:

Wayne, maybe you could tell us exactly where you parked, in order that none of us fall foul of a parking ticket too?

That would make this thread useful and informative, as well as more interesting.
» Got a f**king parking ticket (Go to post)14-09-2009 @ 11:57 
Wayne_Cowdrey said:
it's boring

I'm glad you agree with me.
» Got a f**king parking ticket (Go to post)14-09-2009 @ 11:03 
No offence mate, but do we really need a running commentary on this?

Just tell us whether you end-up paying or not, yeah?
» Good Luck in Bradford (Go to post)13-09-2009 @ 22:38 
jamiea said:ben won the undr 100s with 285 and spam (colin) won the under 90s with 275

World-class benching there!
» Solid PL routine? (Go to post)12-09-2009 @ 16:04 
What competition are you preparing for Paul_D?
» Derren Brown predicting the lottery (Go to post)10-09-2009 @ 10:49 
He didn't buy a ticket, or get a friend to buy one for him, because he did not 'predict' the winning numbers at all.

He used misdirection to make the audience think that's what he did and was quite clear that this was what he would be doing in the teasers that went out in the week.

Don't be so gullible, it's light entertainment, not magic!
» BPC UK Open Deadlifts - McQueen, Griff (Go to post)09-09-2009 @ 22:20 
JC said:
how the f**k did they not give you that lift??? Clean as a whistle and fully locked out!

would not have been at all happy if I was you!

A cause for disqualification in the deadlift is:

"Failure to stand erect with the shoulders back."

Didn't look like his shoulders were back on either lift, hence the red lights.

Being positive though, it's something to work on for next time. Along with getting a touch in his shirt.
» Thin thighs can cause heart disease? What? Read on. (Go to post)04-09-2009 @ 21:12 
Post Edited: 04.09.2009 @ 21:13 PM by Voice_of_Reason
This is not a new theory.

David Webster claimed in his 1963 publication The Complete Physique Book that strong legs and abs were primarily all that were needed to ensure good health and vitality. (Or similarly quaint words to that effect.)

Couldn't back it up with any scientific research, but I don't think he was wrong.
» An old, fat fool starts a log. Hope no-one minds (Go to post)04-09-2009 @ 20:47 
At risk of being accused of being negative, isn't all this rather melodramatic, self-indulgent pondering and posturing a bit moot?

You're in a class of one in your age/weight class Pete. I know you get a lot of support and encouragement from the guys on here and those you train with, but the harsh reality is no one cares if you don't compete again, because there is no one else to care.

At your last comp the simple fact is that your opener was too heavy and your ego prevented you from adjusting your warm-up accordingly and lifting anyway. You seemed to forget that part of any sport is rising to the challenge at a designated time and place. For all your entertaining talk in your training journal, you bombed miserably on that score.

My advice (for what it's worth) is please stop telling us about it and just do it. You train as a competitive lifter, so be one!

As for the lack of competition - so what? Set some records that no other f**ker (when they eventually do come along) will have a chance of beating for years to come. I for one read your journal with frustration, wondering why you're leaving your efforts in the gym.

And everyone else, please don't jump on me for this. I'm being honest about how I see it, but am also trying to offer encouragement. That's positive!
» Misha's Rehab Training (Go to post)31-08-2009 @ 18:11 
New theme tune for you here goodwinm:

I see you even make a brief guest appearance at 2min 12sec!
» Blood results (Go to post)31-08-2009 @ 10:16 
PM sent.
» Blood results (Go to post)31-08-2009 @ 09:56 
Post Edited: 31.08.2009 @ 10:01 AM by Voice_of_Reason
Not being facetious, but is your own doctor unwilling to help???

You are here: HomeForumVoice_of_Reason → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions