REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 194 guests
You are here: HomeForumSimonD → View All Posts

View All Posts: SimonD

» Seeking medical / legal advice (Go to post)11-10-2014 @ 20:41 
Hi I'm hoping someone may be able to help me as I know there are a few doctors that post on the site
My father is in hospital at the moment and has been for the last month and doing really well up until today. They'd taken him off oxycodone when he came in and he was thriving without it, but for some unknown reason his medical team have put him back on it yesterday just as he was due to come home but he has since nose dived. (can't understand why they would alter his medication as they were discharging him and he wasn't in any more pain but that's not the issue, so I won't ask you to comment on his treatment as I know that could be a bit awkward) When he was completely lucid and doing really well earlier in the week he expressed that he never wanted to go back on that stuff...it was completely rotting his brain. Is giving someone medication against their wishes assault? I'm just trying to think of a way to get them to stop the medication as they don't want to do anything till next week when his team gets back and by then I fear it will be too late and he will be hooked on it if he isn't already.
» Ed Hall 200 Strict log (Go to post)23-09-2014 @ 16:31 
When going on about these calibrated plates, I very much doubt un-calibrated plates are going to be off by a significant enough difference to matter (we're hardly talking 15kg) but is it not just as likely that they could be heavier than the stated weight? I do remember training with some plates that were closer to 21kg rather than 20!

Other than Ursus, Mark and Terry (apologies if I'm missing anyone out) both Ed and Hixxy put a s**t ton more weight up in any kind of shoulder event than anyone else that posts on here, so why not stop b**ching, get behind them and see what they can do, rather than arguing over some theoretical max lift some time in the future!
» any one have tips for yoke carry (Go to post)30-08-2014 @ 22:27 
Something that Paul Savage has touched upon in his description of Loz's training but not mentioned explicitly, lift your elbows up like in Ben's picture to lock your back and shoulders in place like described
» Squats and deadlifts in the same session (Go to post)13-08-2014 @ 18:27 
It makes a lot of sense from a powerlifting point of view as you will be pulling after having squatted, so training like that will get your body used to it should you want to compete in powerlifting
» Deadlift World Record - Predictions (Go to post)09-08-2014 @ 16:41 
Thor 1st, Arsjo, Hix, Rads Felix and Wildauer
» Deadlift World Record - Predictions (Go to post)09-08-2014 @ 16:39 
Benfrancis1993 said:Has ed pulled out?

Think Ed's back tightened after all those monster pulls he did, looking stiff but hopefully not injured
» Deadlift World Record - Predictions (Go to post)09-08-2014 @ 15:58 
Asjo 5 in 22.61
Hix 5 in 30.18 I think?
Thor 6
» Deadlift World Record - Predictions (Go to post)09-08-2014 @ 15:50 
Wildauer 1
Felix 5 41.25 seconds
Rads 4 in about 30 seconds and bulldozer the 5th barrel
Looks like tacky was aloud Felix and Wildauer just electing not to use it
» Deadlift World Record - Predictions (Go to post)09-08-2014 @ 15:43 
Looks like no tacky either
» Deadlift World Record - Predictions (Go to post)09-08-2014 @ 15:40 
Going back to Maglashan stones this year...6 stones onto whiskey barells 100 to 200kg in 20kg increments...much better than 7ft platforms at world's!!
» Deadlift World Record - Predictions (Go to post)09-08-2014 @ 15:35 
Thor first Asjo second and Hix not far behind in 3rd with Stones next and Loading to finish.
» Deadlift World Record - Predictions (Go to post)09-08-2014 @ 15:23 
PaulSavage said:
I didnt 'think' angling helped me in strongman, it did. I figured with both radz and hixxy having mong shoulders and short arms / thor having weaker shoulders wnd longer arms, that he wouldnt do as well as them. Not exactly a crazy thought process.

So much for Thor having weak shoulders lol
» Deadlift World Record - Predictions (Go to post)09-08-2014 @ 15:20 
Hix 6 Thor 8
» Deadlift World Record - Predictions (Go to post)09-08-2014 @ 15:17 
5 reps Arso and Rads
» Deadlift World Record - Predictions (Go to post)09-08-2014 @ 15:15 
100kg dumbell Wildauer 2 Felix 3

You are here: HomeForumSimonD → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions