» Englands Strongest Man under 90kg. (Go to post)10-05-2010 @ 20:26 
MarkClegg said:Venue is now

Olympic Sports Gym
4th Floor Portland Mill
Portland Street South
Ashton-Under-Lyne
Lancs
OL6 7SX

I`m NOT paying for a venue It`ll take money off the competitors .. Due to this though Prize money for champ WILL be at least £100 plus goodies ..

Its not the venue that will make is competition its Mark and his team and the athletes who will make this the best under 90kg comp in 2010 (SOFAR)
good luck guys!
» U90KG Northern Qualifier (Go to post)06-05-2010 @ 17:00 
TravisFandango said:
Maybe they should just have a swearing and none swearing league.
Personally, I think that lifting large, awkward heavy objects does invite aggression and hence swearing, but I'm generally a sweary type anyway.

Its a family sport and if it continues venue will just stop us holding events. I don't like it as it shows a lack of RESPECT for the Promotion people, referee, crew and most important the people whom can too watch.

Bob Daglish
» Bodypower Strongman Challenge Heavyweights (Go to post)05-05-2010 @ 21:16 
BigT said:JC it isn't strictly the weight but the sheer size of the dumbell that I think will catch people out.

However, I am sure Rob and Dave will give us a master class in it. I most certainly will not, unless its how not to do it, hehe!

I think Big Dave is out, he was using walking sticks because he has three broken toes,
» Barnard Castle strongest man 2010 (Go to post)05-05-2010 @ 18:46 
martinb said:Is event 3 tyre flip for a set distance, number of flips, or is it some sort of hellish MAX reps in the time limit?

Its a carry and flip event.
Farmers 25 metres and 8 flips (maybe more) fastest time
» Barnard Castle strongest man 2010 (Go to post)05-05-2010 @ 14:47 
Myprotein's Barnard Castle strongest man 2010
Venue: steam show Barnard Castle
Date: Monday 31st May 2010
start time 1pm

Events:
1. Truck Pull
2. Log lift 110kgs from floor
3. carry (framers 250k) & flip (375k)
4. van lift hold
5. pull & drag (310k chain)

Confirmed athletes:
1: Bren Powers
2: Rory Livingstone of Darlington
3: Paul West of Co Durham
4: Alan Mcgee of Co Durham
5: Richard Bainbridge of North Lincs
6: Carl Wallbank of Blackburn
7: Aaron Smith of Blackburn
8: Dave Valentine of Liverpool
9: Martin Bunyan
10: Damian Addison
11: L Brown
12: James Hogben of Crewe
13. Garry Burt
14. Gary Mckelvey of Ireland

Competition is now full, sorry to every one who I have had to say no too, details of the Truck show strongman event will be posted shortly.

If you need pm or e-mail me I will sent details of August event.
» Englands Strongest Man under 90kg. (Go to post)04-05-2010 @ 15:24 
MarkClegg said:
4 English
2 Scots
2 Ireland
2 Wales

I belive its top 6 from England 2 from wales, Irelan and Scotland

12 finalist,
» U90KG Northern Qualifier (Go to post)03-05-2010 @ 20:34 
these are events am think of for 2011

1: axle squat for reps
2: wooden log for max (last man standing style)
3: carry & flip
4: stones of strength
6: pole push

Please let me know what you guys think, I will listen (NOT hahaha)
» U90KG Northern Qualifier (Go to post)03-05-2010 @ 20:34 
these are events am think of for 2011

1: axle squat for reps
2: wooden log for max (last man standing style)
3: carry & flip
4: stones of strength
6: pole push

Please let me know what you guys think, I will listen (NOT hahaha)
» U90KG Northern Qualifier (Go to post)03-05-2010 @ 20:23 
MrSmall said:Pretty sure Bob said he would post the individual results.

I will post the times, reps and scores by Wednesday, Just got back from the Midlands fatties, and i'm howing 2moro off to spend with my loveing wife, because some people (Kev) say she has a fancy for him hahaha.

we will be off to the gym for 10am to train together than the Metro centre (help more shopping)

Back to the point I will sort your scores out
Bob
» U90KG Northern Qualifier (Go to post)03-05-2010 @ 20:16 
scrim said:
Allen turned up that morning to crew the comp many of the athletes were late arriving and looked like no shows he offered to compete Bob said no too heavy but could guest lift to make even numbers he did all events first to set a target when one athlete pulled out with a injury Allen did the loading event twice so no one went alone he didnt get any points a trophy or qualify an hour after the comp we were still loading kit in the van and picking up litter
I think we should be proud to have peaple like this in the sport and not run them down

Well said and I thank all my crew who did a great job, as half of the crew were on a plane to sunny spain, A BIG THANK YOU TO Alan FOR doing two jobs on Saturday,
I must say one thing I have worked out all the different scores and there won't have made a diffencet.

oce again many thanks to crew and all competitors for a fab day.
Bob Daglish
» U90KG Northern Qualifier (Go to post)30-04-2010 @ 16:44 
Boar said:thx for all the time n effort you put in bob ...see you tomorrow

thank you, I do it just for the fun of PAIN on others.
» U90KG Northern Qualifier (Go to post)30-04-2010 @ 16:39 
anything and everything can change by the time I load the van in the morning, this is a warning that am at work till 4am and i'll be up loading van at 8.30am so I will be in a poor mood.

now am putting my neck out here but i'm going for 2.30pm finish so I can catch up on sleep before I'm off to work,

GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL. MAY THE STRONGEST MAN WIN
» U90KG Northern Qualifier (Go to post)30-04-2010 @ 14:10 
MrSmall said:Are the u90's just your guinea pig to see how far you can push strongmen? Grin

Looking forward to it!

After 15 years 108 shows I don't think i need guinea pigs. just like to make it a STRONGMAN competition so we find the STRONGEST MAN on the day.
» U90KG Northern Qualifier (Go to post)30-04-2010 @ 14:06 
North of England 90kg Strongest Man 2010 Qualifier
Venue: West Pelton School, Stanley, Co Durham
Date: Saturday 1st May 2010,
Start time: 12.30pm Athletes must sign/weight in between 11am and 12.15pm

Events:
Under 90kg North of England strongest man 2010

1: Over head (press) medley
The athlete will start in a standing position in front of the first item, a beer keg. Upon the referee’s command, the athlete will begin lifting the keg. The athlete will press the keg above his head until the elbows are locked (this will be done on each of the four items in the medley). Each of the four items must be held in this position until the referee acknowledges the lift as a GOOD LIFT. Than the athlete must lower the equipment in a control manner to the floor. Before moving onto the next item to be lifted. A time will be taken on each item when the referee says GOOD LIFT. The athlete with the fastest time for all four items wins, or the fastest time taken on each item. A PENLTY OF 5 SECONDS WILL BE ADD TO THE TIME IF THE REFEREE THINKS YOU HAVE DROPPED THE EQUIPMENT.
Items & weight. Keg 70kg, , log 85kg, pendulum press 95kg & axle 115kg
Time limit: 60 seconds

Event 2: tyre flip (head to head)
Each competitor must flip the tyre 8 times, the time will stop when the competitor completes the last flip the whole of the tyre must be flat on the floor when the time will stop. The fastest time wins. If course not competed, the number of flips a competitor completes will be recored. (In the event of two competitors of the same number of flips the points will be shaved.).
Course: 8 flips

Event 3: barrel hold (head to head)
Each competitor must hold a 20-kilo beer barrel at shoulder height and with straight arms for as long as possible. The athletes must keep his bottom and upper back against the resting post, a piece of card will be place between the athlete and the post to make sure this is done, and if the card falls athletes attempt is over, the longest time wins.
Weight: 15kilo
Time limit: none

Event: 3. Van lift
Using the handles on the frame, which is extending from the end of a van will be grasped deadlift style. The athlete will commence lifting on referee’s signal. Competitors must stand erect with legs straight and back extended in an upright position with shoulders locked back. The weight can only be returned to the start position on the referee’s signal. This sequence to be repeated as many times as possible in the space of 75 seconds. Athletes must maintain a grip on the bar at all times.
The person lifting the most number of reps wins. Lifting straps are permitted, but the use of adhesive substance on the hands is not permitted.
Start Weight: 255kg

Event 5. Loading (head to head)
4 items are to be loaded in ascending order, onto the platform in the upright position, in the fastest time possible. Times will be taken when each item is placed onto the platform. Competitors who successfully lift all 4 items will be scored according to time. Items falling off the sides, back or front of the platform must be replaced by the competitor before continuing onto the next item. In the event of all 4 items not being loaded a time will be given on the last item loaded by the competitor. In the event of any competitor failing to lift all items a time is given on his last item loaded. Fastest time wins. Items: keg 70, tree stump 85kg, sand bag 95kg, keg 105kg (these items are/maybe subject to change)
Course: 5 metres

Confirmed athletes
1: Pawel Olszewski of Co Durham (C)
2: Jonny Wignall of Lancashire (C)
3: Charis Louca of Manchester (C)
4: Paul McCaffrey of Barnsley (C)
5: Andy Smiles of Manchester (C)
6: Kevin Stuart of Ashton-under-lyne (C)
7: Lee Chadwick of Manchester
8: Kenny Cardwell of Morecambe
9: Danny Fieldhouse
10: Chris Glover of Manchester
11: Dave O’Connor of Lancashire
12: Ryan Hough
13: Shane Jerman of Morecambe (C)
» U90KG Northern Qualifier (Go to post)30-04-2010 @ 13:15 
Hello guys

I just want everyone to know it sopose to be a warm day, so I will not allow you guys to rest between events, we are looking to find the strongest man on the day. hehehe

I'm looking forward to getting the season start! let the pain begin, well you lot will be in pain, me i'll be sitting on my bum watching hehehe

Bob

12345678910 ... ... 7273747576777879808182

You are here: HomeForumelitestrongman → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions