REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 2 members and 44 guests
Powerlifting Advertising. Strongman Advertising.
You are here: HomeForumelitestrongman → View All Posts

View All Posts: elitestrongman

12345678910 ... ... 7273747576777879808182

» Elite Strongman Under 90kg Englands Strongest Man (Go to post)30-01-2009 @ 13:34 
Post Edited: 30.01.2009 @ 13:35 PM by elitestrongman
one of the reasons myself and Dave Meer wanted to start the under 9okg class was in my oppion the top level 105kg guys can compete with some of our top strongman. so we wanted to give the littler guys a chance to compete.

whats so wrong with that, If no one wants to compete I can just as easy cancel the event, it will make my life easier, as it means adding 4 competitions to the 10 I already run. Its this type of b**ching that makes me think WHY THE HELL I PUT SHOWS ON, must of you are just talk, at least people like Will give it their best and enjoy competeing with other guys,

People ask why i don't post on sites any more reason being, read this nothing but so called man being little girls b**ching.

Bob Daglish Elite Strongman Promotions

Please tell me why?
» Englands Strongest Man (Go to post)22-01-2009 @ 09:34 
JC said:
Looks like the UKs qualifier, so one for the diaries of Shawn & Big Mick:-

The sportspn classic will be held in conjunction with the official England's Strongest Man competition on Sunday 24th May 2009 at the Doncaster Dome.The top 2 athletes from this event will gain automatic qualification to the UK Strongest man competition later in the year.Colin Bryce who presents the show for Channel 5 television will be the MC for the Strongman event at the show.

This competition is nothing to do with Elite strongman promotion and is not a qualifier for UK strongest man 09. I belive this event is run by Colin Bryce and is invite only.We at Elite wish Colin all the best for this competition.

Elite strongman promotions UKSC England's ultimate strongest man 2009 final, Venue & date to be confirmed.
There are three qualifiers for the UKSC England's
Midlands, venue TBC, Mon 4 May
North, Allendale, Sat 30 May
South, venue & date TBC

I will post a full list of dates for our events before the end of January
» So You Want To Be A Strongman (Go to post)15-01-2009 @ 11:32 
looks good Will, if you need any more info please just ask
Bob
» Barnard Castle Truck Show Strongest Man (Go to post)04-09-2008 @ 20:43 
WILLSAN said:
Cheers lads! the report:

Barnard Castle Truck Show Strongest Man 2008

less than perfect build up to this but I really enjoyed the steam show earlier this year so I was determined to do this one and I wasnt disappointed. heres how it happened:

Pendulum press
100kg in 60secs x 9 (10??) reps + joint 5th place

was looking forward to this one. I knew it would be a bit different to pressing on yoke as the crossbar revolves but I was confident in my technique. as it turned out it felt easier than in training. first 2 up put up a big target so I went out quick but I wasnt holding at the top of the lift long enough. at about 45-50secs the crossbar stopped spinning which completely threw me. had to switch techniques which made the press harder and I didnt manage to lock out the last rep before the time went. I asked the ref how many reps I got after and he said 8, I ended up tied with a guy who got 9 and I count 10 on the vid so not quite sure what I got credited with in the end! im claiming 10 lol. on a different day I reckon I could do 12-13 with this kit so im happy with that.

Anvil walk
155kg for distance - 27m + 6th place

was first up on this which wasnt good news on this event as I couldnt copy technique off the guys who had used the equipment before. didnt have a distance to chase either which would have helped too. I picked it up too high in the end and it just suffocated me from the begining. it didnt feel heavy to carry after 25m but I had to drop it or I would have passed out. a bit disappointing but I know I will do alot better if I get the chance to use this kit again.

Axle deadlift
265kg - reps in 60 secs - 0 reps - 7th place

was an oly bar on giant wheels off a small platform which left the bar at about 14-15". my pb at 15" is 260 so despite my recent deadlifting problems I felt I had a chance of getting a rep but I just couldnt move the bugger. I wasnt too unhappy as I wasnt expecting much but its a bit frustrating when I know at full fitness I might have got 1 or 2 reps.

was a bit frustrated at this point but it helped motivate me for the next 2 events.

Flip and carry
400kg Tyre x 4 flips + 100kg log for 15m - 6th place

this was going to be arm over arm originally but changed to flip and carry which was great news for me as I love tyre flip. tyre flip was pretty slow but I was never in danger of failing any of the flips. ive carried the 100kg log before and its not that hard but after 4 flips of the 400kg tyre it was f**king torture! looking back at the vid im moving pretty fast but that was purely to end the pain! very hard but fun in a masochistic way.

TRUCK PULL Cool
18 Tonnes for 25m - 6th place

was gutted to miss out on the truck pull last time so I was glad there was no cut this time. was s**tting myself when the truck was set up tho as it was the same truck as before WITH A f**k OFF TRAILER ON THE BACK! Eek I was a bit worried I that I wouldnt get it started but I dug in and it moved of alot easier than I was expecting. the first time ive pulled anything so it was a bit of a learning curve trying to get the length of my steps and pace right so I was just happy to finish it. strongman goal: pull a truck - achieved! Cool

a bit of a s**tter to end up last place but im not bothered as I feel I did my best on all the events with no 'should have done better' moments. I was giving away a stone in bodyweight to the next lightest guy and I didnt feel too far away strength wise from the others competing so im happy with that. plus I was aiming to cut out the stressing and enjoy it which I think I managed.

got to say thanks to bob for putting on another great comp. again, the organisation and kit were some of the best ive experienced in competition. anyone who gets an opportunity to do one of his comps should do.

also thanks to tony for for coming down and giving some support. it was good to see a familiar face. looking forward to a good battle at the melton comp! Wink

heres the vid. apologies for the quality, the cameraman was on the ale the night before:

Thanks for the kind words Will, look forward to seeing you compete next year you will always be welcome at our shows, Bob
» Barnard Castle Truck Show Strongest Man (Go to post)23-08-2008 @ 19:31 
WILLSAN said:
im signed up for this now. anyone else coming along?

the events:

1: Pendulum press 100kg

2: hand over hand pull

3: van lift or axle deadlift

4: Anvil carry 155kgs (distance)

5: 18 tonne, Truck pull (harness)

Sorry bout this the events are now:
1. pendulum press 100kg
2. Anvil (155kg) walk
3. Axle deadlift 260kg (same as I used for BSM qualifier)
4. flip & carry (380kg tyre 100kg tree stump)
5, 18 tonne Truck pull

these are the deffo events as vans are loaded for Sunday
Bob Daglish

one last note: I limited the numbers to 10 competitors and in the last two days 5 guys have pulled out due to diiff reasons, we still have 8 for Sunday. but I will start inviteing guys who I know will always show up, because some guys have missed out competeing because these guys said there doing comp than pull out at last minute, for example a guy has just text me that he can't do it, now thats the 3rd or 4th time he done this. so I won't be sending him any more info about elite strongman shows.

Bob
» UKSC England's strongest man final report (Go to post)21-07-2008 @ 22:35 
myprotein.co.uk Englandís strongest man final 2008

Venue: Lichfield rugby union football club, Tamworth road, Lichfield. WS14 9JE
Date: Sunday 20th July 2008

Event 1: L E Lockhart haulage ltd, truck pull
This was a very hard start, on an uneven track, 25 metres with an 14.5 tonne truck with large wheels to make it harder, The heavies man would this event.

1. Jimmy Marku: 35.43 secs
2. Simon Morton: 37.56 secs
3. Mark Lawson: 37.37 secs
4. David McAneney: 34.92 secs
5. Shawn Kenny: 44.00 secs
6. Adam Townsend: 48.43 secs
7. Spencer Hyland: 37.50 secs
8. Paul James: 43.32 secs
9. Wayne Tunstall: 38.54 secs
10. Rob Frampton: 32.81 secs
11. Paul Cater: 4.50 metres
12. Richard Gorvin: 39.50 secs
13. Paul Carter: 31.51 secs
Event 2: myprotein.co.uk Pendulum press
This was the same type of event as BSM safe lift just 15 kilos heavier, Jimmy won this event but Richard push him hard, Jimmy gave his all in the press.

1. Jimmy Marku: 17 reps
2. Simon Morton: 13 reps
3. Mark Lawson: 3 reps
4. David McAneney: 13 reps
5. Shawn Kenny: 7 reps
6. Adam Townsend: 11 reps
7. Spencer Hyland: 9 reps
8. Paul James: 10 reps
9. Wayne Tunstall: 7 reps
10. Rob Frampton: 8 reps
11. Paul Cater: 13 reps
12. Richard Gorvin: 16 reps
13. Paul Carter: 7 reps
Event 3: Temple gym, Load
The 5 items which was sopose tobe loaded, tree stump 110kgs, sandbag 130kgs, beer barrel 135kgs (placed in an upright position), stone 140kgs and anvil 155kgs. Only half the athletes did all 5 items, the fastest time was Jimmy, once again just show class, paul Cater did very well in this event keeping up with the Big boys, Rob Frampton broke his arm lift the anvil onto the platform, Wayne torn his back muscle from the bone, this is strongman and these guys gave it blood sweat and tears.

1. Jimmy Marku: 5 items 38.09 secs
2. Simon Morton: 4 items 79.14 secs
3. Mark Lawson: 5 items 55.72 secs
4. David McAneney: 5 items 48.06 secs
5. Shawn Kenny: 4 items35.89 secs
6. Adam Townsend: 3 items 38.59 secs
7. Spencer Hyland: 5 items 90 secs
8. Paul James: 2 items 17.53 secs
9. Wayne Tunstall: 3 items 57.10 secs (torn lower back muscle from bone)
10. Rob Frampton: 3 items 57.10 secs (broke his forarm on loading anvil)
11. Paul Cater: 5 items 56.09 secs
12. Richard Gorvinr: 5 items 51.53
13. Paul Carter: 4 items 70.92 secs

Event 4: Three Spires vehicle rental ltd, Big van lift
The big van lift, yes a transit van 300kgs on the bar, Spencer push Jimmy to his limit on this event and Jimmy still came out on top.

1. Jimmy Marku: 13 reps
2. Simon Morton: 5 reps
3. Mark Lawson: 10 reps
4. David McAneney: 6 reps
5. Shawn Kenny: did not take part in this event, back injury
6. Adam Townsend: 9 reps
7. Spencer Hyland: 12 reps
8. Paul James: 7 reps
9. Wayne Tunstall: 2 reps (with a very bad back injury, which he is haveing an opp on today)
10. Rob Frampton: 7 reps (with a broken arm. Like wayne a true strongman)
11. Paul Cater: 4 reps
12. Richard Gorvin: 7 reps
13. Paul Carter:6 reps

Event 5: myprptein.co.uk, Elite Cross walk
The elite cross, got to be the heavies carrying event in Britian if not the world, After his injury in the loading event, Wayne came out and won this event with 58 metres, just 6 metres short of the record for This event. He is now sitting or lying in a hospital bed after having an opp today, we wish him well.

1. Jimmy Marku: 36.8 metres
2. Simon Morton: 23 metres
3. Mark Lawson: 31.1 metres
4. David McAneney: 51 metres
5. Shawn Kenny: 38.6 metres
6. Adam Townsend: 44.3 metres
7. Spencer Hyland: 50 metres
8. Paul James: 24.2 metres
9. Wayne Tunstall: 58.1 metres
10. Rob Frampton: 3.4 metres (did well just to pick it up with his broken arm. WHAT A MAN)
11. Paul Cater: 26.2 metres (he said after he finish, thats F---ing heavy)
12. Richard Gorvin: 38.2 metres
13. Paul Carter: 10 metres

Event 6: PJS Autros, Tug of war
The top 8 athletes finished the competition, with the tug of war, Jimmy and Dave Mcaneney the top 2 both got beat in the first round, leaveing the Biggest man on show in the final Paul (cuddles) Carter winning this event on one leg, after hamstring pull or was it cramp. Not sure. But still one big man to try and pull.

Round 1 Semi-finals Final
Competitor 1 R Gorvin A: Winner of 1 & 2
P Carter
Paul Carter (winner)
Winner of semi-final A
Competitor 2 P Carter
Competitor 3 D McAneney A: Winner of 3 & 4
S Morton
Competitor 4 S Morton
Competitor 5 A Townsend B: Winner of 5 & 6
A Townsend
Winner of semi-final B
Adam Townsen
Competitor 6 J Marku
Competitor 7 M Lawson B: Winner of 7 & 8
M Lawson
Competitor 8 S Hyland

Overall positions
1. Jimmy Marku: 3rd time champion , now looking to add UK title to his BSM win

2. David McAneney: finish 8th last year, 2nd this come be 3rd time lucky in 2009

3. Spencer Hyland: did well to finish 3rd, will show how strong he is in Ireland at UKs

4. Richard Gorvin: one day this guy will get a break, beat on count back again, still a title will come his way soon.

5. Mark Lawson: made mistakes on his two fav events and should of placed higher, he also competed the day before,

6. Adam Townsend: life in the old dog yet, beat all but one man in the tug of war.

7. Paul Carter: Cuddles won two events, was just a little bit off in the other events

8. Simon Morton: my friend, say its his last year competeing did very well,

9. Rob Frampton: this guy is mad, to lift 300kg deadlift with broken arm, my hero for the day.

10. Paul Cater: did very well in a this competition, doing all events which do fav the bigger man, heís got to have a heart of a loin.

11. Wayne Tunstall: this young manís time will come, very brave

12. Paul James: did very well in his first final, donít think it will be his last.

13. Shawn Kenny: first final also, this young man will go very far in this sport once he slows down a bit.

This was a real strongman competition, with little rest between events, real heavy events with real athletes whom all gave BLOOD, SWEAT and TEARS. This is Elite strongman promotions, proving to be the no1 in strongman.

Once again I would like to thank myprotein and all the other sponsors, the elite strongman crew, the referee and last but the must important person my wife Trudy the best MC in strongman.

Bob Daglish Elite strongman promotions
Dave Meer, Elite strongman promotions Midlands Area manager
» myprotein.co.uk England’s strongest man 2008 final 20/07/2008 (Go to post)21-07-2008 @ 22:33 
thanks I think the show is one of our best.
» myprotein.co.uk England’s strongest man 2008 final 20/07/2008 (Go to post)21-07-2008 @ 11:49 
elitestrongman said:
Joni said:
crazy comp, injuries left right and centre, and not just the boring back injuries but proper done wrist and leg injuries thrown in for good measure.

Jimmy Marku and his calves sailed to an easy win, he didnt look like on fire at all, just going through the motions. The "YMCA" theme song he selected for himself was pure class though Grin

I dont get it, Adam Townsend and Mark Lawson did this comp as well - and they did the one in burnley yesterday! How do these guys manage! And both had a car deadlift for reps, you would think one would be totally smashed after going balls out once on a deadlift repping.

Unfortunately shawn had a back injury in the loading event and had to skip the deadlift and 0 points on that meant last place overall, though only one poiont to the next two if i got the points correctly. Loading went well tho, blizing through the first four objects and then got nailed by the anvil which looked like a bas***d. Elite cross carry went well as well.

Good day out i thought.

what do you mean cazy comp? is this good or bad? its doesn't matter, I think its was a great show and the guys with injurys had care and where all told not to continure, well you all know the asnwer their gave, Thanks to all athletes and the fab crew we have, and also my family whom without there help I won't be able to put these shows on, THANKS
» myprotein.co.uk England’s strongest man 2008 final 20/07/2008 (Go to post)21-07-2008 @ 11:45 
Joni said:
crazy comp, injuries left right and centre, and not just the boring back injuries but proper done wrist and leg injuries thrown in for good measure.

Jimmy Marku and his calves sailed to an easy win, he didnt look like on fire at all, just going through the motions. The "YMCA" theme song he selected for himself was pure class though Grin

I dont get it, Adam Townsend and Mark Lawson did this comp as well - and they did the one in burnley yesterday! How do these guys manage! And both had a car deadlift for reps, you would think one would be totally smashed after going balls out once on a deadlift repping.

Unfortunately shawn had a back injury in the loading event and had to skip the deadlift and 0 points on that meant last place overall, though only one poiont to the next two if i got the points correctly. Loading went well tho, blizing through the first four objects and then got nailed by the anvil which looked like a bas***d. Elite cross carry went well as well.

Good day out i thought.
» Barnard Castle Steam Show Strongest Man 26/05/2008 (Go to post)27-05-2008 @ 22:20 
Tony said:
LOL, I've had 2 sessions in my back garden and you c**ts have signed me up.

Wheres Bobs place at?

We train with just novice on a Wednesday, every level on an Sunday (with the Referee Coaching, Ex army pe and world champion weightlifter)

both sessions start at 12.30pm with train in a yard 5 minutes from Stanley, Co Durham

12345678910 ... ... 7273747576777879808182

You are here: HomeForumelitestrongman → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2019 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions - Website by Devto