REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 1 member and 121 guests
You are here: HomeForumTony_Cliffe → View All Posts

View All Posts: Tony_Cliffe

» Tom's training log... (Go to post)23-03-2014 @ 18:03 
Tom_Martin said:
Cheers Tony (and everyone else)
I don't think I'll compete before, I don't think I need the competition experience to be sharp on the day and everytime I compete, no matter how seriously I don't take it, it still seemes to really get in the way of training progress...
Are you?

No mate, same reasoning, thought about lifting in local divisional on 26th April, but I think it would just get in the way. Looking forward to seeing you lift at an international been a while since you pulled that 345 in Czech rep!
» Tom's training log... (Go to post)21-03-2014 @ 19:21 
looking strong Tom. You competing again before the Worlds?
» Tom's training log... (Go to post)03-05-2012 @ 22:20 
Tom_Martin said:PS. good luck at the euros!! Hope everything has been going well!

Thanks Tom, all going well, looking forward to it, should be good. Sorry you don't enjoy competing, not sure I could be arsed with all the training without the outlet and the focus of competition to be honest, but each to their own, hope to see you on the platform again sooner rather than later.......
» Tom's training log... (Go to post)24-04-2012 @ 21:50 
f*ckin wrist straps!!! nice to see you on the mend though, next comp?
» Rob Palmer's Road to 900 (Go to post)10-10-2011 @ 11:14 
great lifting Rob, lets see it replicated in November!
» Tom's training log... (Go to post)27-09-2011 @ 21:39 
Tom_Martin said:
I understand what you're saying, but I just find it hard to give a f**k...

that made me laugh....nice raw PB.
» Tom's training log... (Go to post)31-07-2011 @ 21:41 
Tom_Martin said:
Well there is NO WAY I would've weighed in any lighter...
And I'm not confident or rich enough to risk a wager of any sort on anything lol. I'll shake your hand if you do though! It'll have to be something big! You've made big improvements already on your deadlift, and I bet there is more to come. Good solid performance today Tony!

Thanks Tom. Hopefully this could be the start of some best lifter battles for the future. Well done on winning yesterday. I still think you'd be better moving up to the 93's if nothing else it could launch your bench, got to be worth a go?
» Tom's training log... (Go to post)31-07-2011 @ 21:32 
Tom_Martin said:I see you lurking Cliffe, f**k off I've got nothing to say to you! lol

half a wilks point............... HALF.....f**ks sake

ha ha, you'd of taken it if I weighed in at what another .1 heavier. Nevermind Tom, you should of pulled 360kg and put it beyond reach. I did have a s**t days squatting, why is it I feel like I didn't lift that well because my squat was pants, oh well. My aim is to out pull you at the worlds, you up for a wager on that? take the heat out of the Tom vs Rob bollox?
» Tom's training log... (Go to post)29-07-2011 @ 18:14 
JC said:Superb final session mate

Best of luck for the weekend.....hope you nail Palmer Grin

don't get excited I think he meant "hope you lift more than Palmer" lol

good luck for tomorrow to you and Mr "addicted to love" I'm sure it'll be an epic battle.....
» Tom's training log... (Go to post)28-07-2011 @ 16:22 
Tom_Martin said:https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/226145_1460768056686_1757982106_711732_6608354_n.jpg

Thanks to gaz for this really dodgy photo. I don't know what he did wrong, but my knees are usually completely locked out by now, and back bent in two. Must be camera trickery.

did you stop at 330kgs because you ran out of room for those massive rubber disks? lol
» Tom's training log... (Go to post)28-07-2011 @ 16:20 
Tom_Martin said:
Duck in the water? If I was a duck, I'd be glad to be in the water. Think of a better phrase!

lol, I think I meant a sitting duck, I'd had a couple of cans when I wrote that.....
» Tom's training log... (Go to post)27-07-2011 @ 19:23 
Post Edited: 27.07.2011 @ 19:24 PM by Tony_Cliffe
I love all the banter between you two, but to be honest if anyone turns up on the saturday to watch you little boys lift I just hope they are booked into a hotel to be there on Sunday when the big boys come out to play and out Wilks the lot of you....

Your Target -------------865kgs-----------
Anything less and you're a duck in the water for Sunday, oh and by the way good luck for Saturday ladies!

Grin
» Tom's training log... (Go to post)11-07-2011 @ 22:50 
Tom_Martin said:Also my f**king range of motion....what is THAT all about.... give me a 3 board to make things fair with Rob Palmer, I bet I'd be a stronger presser...

you doing anything to improve your arch? I've got long arms but a much shorter ROM than you and that is one of the biggest factors in improving my bench, well that and putting on 20kg of bodyweight!
» Tom's training log... (Go to post)29-06-2011 @ 22:00 
Post Edited: 29.06.2011 @ 22:01 PM by Tony_Cliffe
looked pretty good mate. Hard to tell on depth like you say but nice fast squats. Would expect to see you doing at least doubles @ 280 though if you're aiming at about 320kg straps up for a single. What's the bodyweight?
» Tom's training log... (Go to post)21-06-2011 @ 21:38 
Tom_Martin said:
f**king phone....... predictive text my ass

lol

You are here: HomeForumTony_Cliffe → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions