REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 306 guests
You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitBAWLA membership

BAWLA membership

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

jimblanchflowerIconBAWLA membership04-03-2007 @ 19:24 
Teabagger for hire
Member 54, 237 posts
I have been reading some of your complaints about BAWLA membership. The NWPL secretaries job has just been passed on to Bryn Evans and myself.

The NW was previously run by Ian Shaw. He took it on because at the time, no-one else was willing to do it, and although he could not dedicate as much time to it as some might, I believe he did a good job under the circumstances.

Bryn and I wish to promote the sport. We will be hoping to keep you informed about competitions, as well as arranging fixtures with other sections. We are also hoping to arrange training camps. For the novice lfters this means that we wil be offereing some coaching. For the experienced lifters we have asked Mick Hunnam if he would come over to coach he has agreed.

The training camps would be run at one of the current venues such as Rhino's or Catts. You would have to pay for entry into the gym - you cannot expect these people to provide a venue for nothing - but we will be providing our time for free.

If this does not seem like a good enough deal let me know what is required.
RobIcon...04-03-2007 @ 20:34 
Does f*ck all for SugdenBarbell.co.uk
Member 1, 7173 posts
SQ 182.5, BP 110, DL 205
497.5 kgs @ 107kgs UnEq
Administrator
Jim, it's good to see you on the board - thanks for taking the time to register and post the above information. It's nice to know that you are working on organising the competitions.

The coaching sounds great and I for one would be more than willing to travel to whatever location for it; it is certainly a good idea for promoting the sport itself as well.

It would be great if you could let us know when competitions are on and maybe we can help you out by posting banner ads on the site with the information etc. (ultimately linking to the NW BWLA website perhaps).

Best of luck to you and Bryn!
RickIcon...04-03-2007 @ 21:42 
I am a bench-only guy
Member 3, 10035 posts
SQ 185, BP 175, DL 235
595.0 kgs @ 140kgs UnEq
Administrator
That's great news, Jim - and yes, coaching sessions is exactly the sort of thing that'd make joining BAWLA very worth while!

Thanks for coming over here to tell us about it. Why not start a log Happy?
JoniIcon...04-03-2007 @ 21:58 
left the country satisfied
Member 10, 19241 posts
SQ 240, BP 150, DL 270
660.0 kgs @ 107kgs UnEq
Hey Jim, good to see you here!

Aye, sorry about the vent about BWLA membership - need to vent sometimes Grin Its just that every time comp season nears we new folk seem to be frantically emailing eachother and posting on forums trying to find out whats going on!

I think using forums and online ways of promoting is one angle where we can help you guys as well. Another one is pulling new folk into the sport, and the fixture is an example of that.
tokarIcon...06-03-2007 @ 21:47 
Невыносимо Высокомерный (RIP)
Member 11, 965 posts
SQ 190, BP 140, DL 255
585.0 kgs @ 95kgs UnEq
Great to see you posting on here Jim - and good news about your plans for NW powerlifting as well! I'd hope to make it to some of the coaching sessions.
JoniIcon...06-03-2007 @ 22:36 
left the country satisfied
Member 10, 19241 posts
SQ 240, BP 150, DL 270
660.0 kgs @ 107kgs UnEq
i would defo take part to training seminars.
You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitBAWLA membership
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions