Rah rah ah-ah-ah! Ro mah ro-mah-mah. Gaga oh-la-la
Member 6010, 74 posts
2 days ago Upper Bench Workout

Tng Bench:65-3x6 (5)
Slingshot paused:70-6 (5)
Close grip bench:52.5-3x6 (2-)
Wide grip paused:32.5-3x6 (90)
Curls.

Much better groove, will be alternating Ohp and bench workouts as I really want to get boulder shoulders Wink All weights above to be incremented by 2.5-5kg next workout. Squat workout due today.
rahsharIcon...10-10-2016 @ 18:02 
Member 6010, 74 posts
I'll be posting weekly updates. As for week 2 of the programme:

Back Squats:92.5-3x6 (6)
Front Squats:65-3x6 (5)
Paused Bench:62.5-3x6 3)
Incline Bench:50-3x6 (4)
Deadlifts:122.5-1x6 (6)

I've only posted the stats on the main lifts: I alternate upper/lower workouts everyday with a bb day at the end. For the first two weeks I have had to take days off for soreness but I think my body was acclimatised now (i've sacrificed the bb day if anything). I have got rid of OHP for pause Incline bench as my main main movement on my Upper - Shoulders day.
rahsharIcon...10-10-2016 @ 18:02 
Member 6010, 74 posts
Post Edited: 10.10.2016 @ 20:57 PM by rahshar
I'll be posting weekly updates. As for week 2 of the programme:

Back Squats:92.5-3x6 (6)
Front Squats:65-3x6 (5)
Paused Bench:62.5-3x6 (3)
Incline Bench:50-3x6 (4)
Deadlifts:122.5-1x6 (6)

I've only posted the stats on the main lifts: I alternate upper/lower workouts everyday with a bb day at the end. For the first two weeks I have had to take days off for soreness but I think my body has acclimatised now (i've sacrificed the bb day if anything). I have replaced OHP for pause Incline bench as my main main movement on my Upper - Shoulders day.
rahsharIcon...27-10-2016 @ 01:14 
Member 6010, 74 posts
Post Edited: 27.10.2016 @ 01:16 AM by rahshar
After two weeks on my 'everyday' routine which primarily was an extension of Dan Green's BBSM routine I realised gymming everyday alongside my studies wasn't a wise decision - its my final year at uni and I need to get a first lol. Either way gymming at a high frequency had its advantages especially 3-4 months out of the gym. I've decided to do Greyskull LP - to call it simply a linear progression programme would be false as there is periodisation and auto regulation embedded in the programme. I follow the programme to the tee, any extra movements are for 2x8 and are very light, with little rest. One thing that I've slightly altered is I'm not pressing so I'm pause benching every session and adding a TnG set at the end with a slingshot for a triple. After doing this for a week I feel its the correct decision, its a relatively quick way to get back to my normal strength levels despite being near +20kg the bodyweight I was before and I think I'll exhaust all beginner gains with this programme.

Week 1 Ending Stats:

Squats:107.5-5,5,10
Deadlifts:122.5-10
Pause Bench:67.5-5,5,10 & 82.5-3 with Slingshot
Accessories aren't worth highlighting.

Additional remarks: With Squats I honed my technique better my last session, I remembered to sit back more and slowly things are getting into place in terms of stance width, opening the knees etc. Deadlifts I intend to pull with weightlifting shoes, I like having a surface to press against the floor with and before I didn't wear them but I feel I stronger. With Bench I tried doing TnG for the main sets but I think my paused is actually stronger than my TnG because of my control descent on TnG lol. Last point, I will aim for 1-3 days of recovery between sessions, so some weeks I will gym twice and on others three times a week.
rahsharIcon...06-11-2016 @ 21:27 
Member 6010, 74 posts
Greyskull - End of Week 2

Ending stats:

Squats:115-5,5,6 (6)
Paused Bench:72.5-5,5,6 (6,6,9)
Deadlifts:127.5-7 (6)
Dumbbell Arnold Shoulder Press:15-2x12
Dumbbell Rows:25-2x12
Accessory movements and Core work

Overall happy with the week. With my squats when I did 112.5 at my home, with the environment change I wasn't comfortable pushing the amrap set and few days back with 115, I realised I was squatting with a bent barbell. Funnily enough I didn't increase the rest for the amrap set and felt I could of gone for 10 reps but decided to play it conservative for the next session when I do Squat...the form is coming together which I'm happy about. Bench press few tweaks here and there, I will have no complaints if I have to taper down to triples 80kg onwards...until then the grind shall begin. Deadlifts I won't wear olympic shoes anymore, I tried them out but I think barefoot for now will do unless I buy some dl slippers. Not much else to say, I take 2-3 days rest between sessions so will be doing some core work in-between.
SaeHHIcon...06-11-2016 @ 23:23 
Member 6013, 50 posts
SQ 115, BP 63.5, DL 145
323.5 kgs @ 66.0kgs UnEq
rahshar said:Greyskull - End of Week 2

Ending stats:

Squats:115-5,5,6 (6)
Paused Bench:72.5-5,5,6 (6,6,9)
Deadlifts:127.5-7 (6)
Dumbbell Arnold Shoulder Press:15-2x12
Dumbbell Rows:25-2x12
Accessory movements and Core work

Overall happy with the week. With my squats when I did 112.5 at my home, with the environment change I wasn't comfortable pushing the amrap set and few days back with 115, I realised I was squatting with a bent barbell. Funnily enough I didn't increase the rest for the amrap set and felt I could of gone for 10 reps but decided to play it conservative for the next session when I do Squat...the form is coming together which I'm happy about. Bench press few tweaks here and there, I will have no complaints if I have to taper down to triples 80kg onwards...until then the grind shall begin. Deadlifts I won't wear olympic shoes anymore, I tried them out but I think barefoot for now will do unless I buy some dl slippers. Not much else to say, I take 2-3 days rest between sessions so will be doing some core work in-between.

Grin
rahsharIcon...17-11-2016 @ 02:05 
Member 6010, 74 posts
Stats as of end of Week 3 on the Greyskull Programme;

Squat:120-3x5 (6,6,9)
Deadlifts:130-7 (7)
Paused Bench:76-5,5,6 (6.5,6.5,9.5)
Assistance and accessories zzzz

My left pec was sore from benching 'heavy for me' twice within 4 days, usually I took at least 3 days rest between sessions but now I know that is mandatory unless I want a tear between bench sessions. I will be doing close-grip on my deadlift day that way I can gym within 2 days. Benched today and the pec was fine, if anything flaring is what seems to make it vulnerable I noticed, at the moment in PB region with my Bench and before did 75-7 paused which was great. On my deadlift session I don't squat and I ended up not squatting again for a week due to me having 2-4 days of recovery between sessions. Today squats felt fine, didn't ramp up the amrap, I will give 122.5 a go on Sunday hopefully and I will target 6 reps at least on the amrap. Few tweaks in form which are making the squat better, similarly with the deadlift. I was squatting the weight rather than deadlifting the weight up, feet alignment has resolved that issue. Things are going well, just in case - the numbers in the brackets are rest times, NOT RPE.
SaeHHIcon...21-11-2016 @ 23:57 
Member 6013, 50 posts
SQ 115, BP 63.5, DL 145
323.5 kgs @ 66.0kgs UnEq
rahshar said:Stats as of end of Week 3 on the Greyskull Programme;

Squat:120-3x5 (6,6,9)
Deadlifts:130-7 (7)
Paused Bench:76-5,5,6 (6.5,6.5,9.5)
Assistance and accessories zzzz

My left pec was sore from benching 'heavy for me' twice within 4 days, usually I took at least 3 days rest between sessions but now I know that is mandatory unless I want a tear between bench sessions. I will be doing close-grip on my deadlift day that way I can gym within 2 days. Benched today and the pec was fine, if anything flaring is what seems to make it vulnerable I noticed, at the moment in PB region with my Bench and before did 75-7 paused which was great. On my deadlift session I don't squat and I ended up not squatting again for a week due to me having 2-4 days of recovery between sessions. Today squats felt fine, didn't ramp up the amrap, I will give 122.5 a go on Sunday hopefully and I will target 6 reps at least on the amrap. Few tweaks in form which are making the squat better, similarly with the deadlift. I was squatting the weight rather than deadlifting the weight up, feet alignment has resolved that issue. Things are going well, just in case - the numbers in the brackets are rest times, NOT RPE.

Nice Grin
rahsharIcon...04-12-2016 @ 16:52 
Member 6010, 74 posts
Post Edited: 04.12.2016 @ 16:52 PM by rahshar
End of Week 4:

Squats:120-6,122.5-3x3
Paused Bench Press:78.5-3x5
Deadlifts:132.5-5
Accessories.....

I ended up taking 10 days break between my squat workouts, the previous squat session I only did 1x6 due to time constraints and last session I suffered badly due to the squat feeling like a new movement....lack of glycogen notably. I ended up doing 3x3, will be doing 120 next workout as I have had some doms post-workout so I know this isn't me stalling...plus to avoid me not squatting for a considerable number of days with me gymming every 4 days or so, I will be squatting every workout. On my heavy dl day, I will be doing a set of 8-12 reps for Squats. Bench press is rising up, I'm aiming to get those 2 plates before the year ends Roll-Eyes Deadlifts was weird, I felt ill that day - first time I felt like vomiting during a dl....having had 4 weeks on the programme I've made tweaks that I believe make the programme more suited to me...being a full body programme with relatively low frequency. I'm away from uni now so I will be rotating accessories, notably dumbbell Arnold shoulder press for CGOHP.
rahsharIcon...17-12-2016 @ 16:20 
Member 6010, 74 posts
Got pretty ill last week...to the stage where I ended up spitting bile and paramedics couldn't help me much. So had to take 10+ days out to recover. In the time off gym I decided to do a cycle. I would say this is my first real pl program, as before was rather general strength training. Doing Connor Lutz 7 week beginner program, did the first session yesterday and I'm very sore, probably gym next Monday/Tuesday.....

CLUTZ Beginner 7 week Cycle

Week 1

Workout 1:
Squats:102.5-5x6 (6,6,8,8,10)
PausedBench:70-8x4 (4)
PecFlies:5x10
DbRows:2x15
Bicepcurls:2x10
rahsharIcon...26-12-2016 @ 15:24 
Member 6010, 74 posts
Week 1 of the Cycle done, quite a bit of volume on the pl movements Eek Thinking of benching first then deadlifting on my second workouts of the week, I got really tired from the deadlifts and used hook grips for all my working sets (29 reps in total) - felt my thumbs the next few days but the pain has completely dissipated since then. I got the IronMind straps to use on my later working sets.

Week 1 Summary stats:

Squats:102.5-5x6,115-6x2
Bench:70-5x6
Deadlifts:132.5-1x5,112.5-8x3
rahsharIcon...09-01-2017 @ 13:30 
Member 6010, 74 posts
Finished week 2 of the cycle a few days back but my posting frequency on this site will be taking a massive hit as I have another forum on another site which I have found to be more interactive and helpful. I will be posting meet/mock meet lifts when they occur Happy

© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions