REGISTER
 

Journey to the awakening of the Rinnegan

1234

rahsharIcon...02-04-2016 @ 23:44 
Avatar
Rah rah ah-ah-ah! Ro mah ro-mah-mah. Gaga oh-la-la
Member 6010, 74 posts
Post Edited: 03.04.2016 @ 01:06 AM by rahshar
Saturday - Week 2 Workout 2

Originally was planning to go to the gym on Friday but was busy etc. Went asleep 6:30am as was busy doing work and watched the Broner fight Happy

Deadlifts:120-3 (beltless),140-3,160-5 (3,6,12)
OHP:42.5-3,47.5-3,52.5-4 (2,5,11)
Barbell Shrugs:100-10 (overhand),100-2x12 (hook) (1)
Incline Dumbbell Press:15,20,22.5-10
Curls, Face pulls and 1 set of knee raises

Deadlifts felt actually really off today, even my warm ups felt slow and didn't seem powerful. When I put on the belt, I realised it was actually abit too tight where I usually put it (I have gained weight) and hence had to put the belt lower. This really put me off as I haven't been training with the belt in that position, I tried to get a screwdriver but no one had one Unhappy Anyways, the programme called for 157.5 but as I got 150-8 I thought I ought to give 160 a try. Happy to get 160-5 BUT i know this was an off day, i practically did this beltless and nor did I feel good during the warm up. Its like what jeremy hamilton said about getting PBs on off days. For homework I'm going to adjust the belt only for deadlifts; for squats it is fine. Last minor note, I had friends in the past who seemed to diss my deadlifts, its good I befriended them as just like my previous 5RM, they are history Happy A positive mindset and surrounding can do a lot of good in the gym and in life Happy

OHP - got a PB with the 4 reps but I can tell I'm approaching a wall. I have to accept my OHP needs more improvement. Weirdly Ogus incorporated a belt quite early in his OHP training and as this is an 'accessory'; I'm considering using a belt after I am able to get 60 for reps. Next week calls for around 56 but I think I will do 55-1+ instead. Also, doing loads of face pulls before helped.

Lastly accessories were fine. I can hear my right shoulder make a noise when I do the incline dumbbell press; so I might just do this for one more week as the first cycle ends and then go to barbell incline press. I find it hard to retract and maintain when using dumbbell in all fairness. Next week leads to a 5,3,1+ and after that it's back to the week 1 5,5,5+. I don't need a deload week according to Wendler but in all honesty can't wait to go back to lighter weights Happy Overall positive session, going to have McDs soon and watch Match of the Day Wink
rahsharIcon...06-04-2016 @ 23:07 
Avatar
Rah rah ah-ah-ah! Ro mah ro-mah-mah. Gaga oh-la-la
Member 6010, 74 posts
Week 3 Workout 1

This is THE week of the cycle, was looking forward to this workout but I was also nervous. Sleep got affected by building work but these things happen.

Squats:115-5,130-3,145-2 (3,8,15)
Bench:70-5,77.5-3 (paused),85-3 (Tng) (3,8,12)
Dumbbell Rows&Shoulder Press:22.5&15-3x10 (1)
Face pulls, curls and tiny ab work.

Squats started off bad as I had to use the other rack which requires a further walk out. I will admit today wasn't my best day, didn't feel in my groove at all and warm ups felt weird. Anyways 145-2 is a pb and I could of grinded more but I want to take baby steps Happy I reckon on a good day I would of gone at least for a third but I'm still happy with this, I know I got more to come Grin

Bench was abit weird. I changed bars during warm up as someone accidently tried using my rack whilst I went to do face pulls between my warm up sets. I think I can have a wider grip if I wanted to without shoulder pain but I'm content with my grip width. I was feeling my lower back slightly (sitting due to exams): I will do planks on my rest days now. 85-3 felt good and maybe if I had a spot, I would of got more but a triple is welcomed. I reckon I'm.not far off a 100 bp. I didn't rest 15 as I felt ready for the set.

Accessories was fine, supersetted so I could get Chinese in time. Dumbbell rows felt sooo good, I feel a nice contraction, going to do this instead of Pendlay rows next cycle I reckon.

Lastly. 100% taking a deload week and do tonne of volume, thinking 5x5 on main lifts at 65-70%, really bored of doing higher intensity lol.
SaeHHIcon...07-04-2016 @ 01:06 
Avatar
Member 6013, 50 posts
SQ 115, BP 63.5, DL 145
323.5 kgs @ 66.0kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 07.04.2016 @ 01:07 AM by SaeHH
X


Really good numbers, nice double on 145! Great progress on bench too, I respect your dedication to it Cool As you know I always have an inclination to just focus exclusively on OHP haha. Keep it up!
rahsharIcon...07-04-2016 @ 01:12 
Avatar
Rah rah ah-ah-ah! Ro mah ro-mah-mah. Gaga oh-la-la
Member 6010, 74 posts
SaeHH said:
Really good numbers, nice double on 145! Great progress on bench too, I respect your dedication to it Cool As you know I always have an inclination to just focus exclusively on OHP haha. Keep it up!


LOL you do enjoying OHPin and you've gained strength on it whilst losing 18kg in an aggressive manner Happy Eek

At the moment I bench and OHP in the same ratio but I'm more inclined towards Bench as it is the competition lift. I think next cycle I would love to go for 90-1+. Also with squats, maybe I'm abit annoyed now I just didn't go for the triple but I guess I will take my revenge on 150 hopefully on the next cycle Wink
rahsharIcon...10-04-2016 @ 23:05 
Avatar
Rah rah ah-ah-ah! Ro mah ro-mah-mah. Gaga oh-la-la
Member 6010, 74 posts
Post Edited: 10.04.2016 @ 23:10 PM by rahshar
End of Cycle 1

After lunch, I was experiencing back pains (must be the way I sat for lunch, fuk knows) after a very long time. If anything my lower back felt very stiff and even lying down and stretching before gym didn't resolve it. Anyways :

Deadlift:130-5,150-3,170-1 (3,8,15)
Ohp:45-5,50-3,55-f&50-1
Accessories.

Dead lifts felt off, I think I miss warming up with squats prior and my back pain was annoying me somewhat in getting tight at the start of the lift. 170 for a single and I called it a day, this ties my beltless PB but I compared times on both recordings, I was twice as quick now which with some basic maths means an output force of 4 times more relative to before.

Ohp even with the back stiffness, no excuses here lol. To not get 55 is FML, it actually felt light but I couldn't grind it (maybe as I couldnt brace core as much as I would like?), I did 50 immediately for a single which I find surprising but it was slow.

Tomorrow I will do an analysis for the cycle, first time on a % based programme after a year of lifting, would of loved to of continued doing Candito linear program but I don't have the time right now. Maybe I could look for alternative 2 day programmes but I think I will stick and tweak some areas. Next week is a deload week and although this wasn't the best session, I did get pbs during the last 3 weeks Happy

Getting Chinese to cheer me up
rahsharIcon...11-04-2016 @ 12:48 
Avatar
Rah rah ah-ah-ah! Ro mah ro-mah-mah. Gaga oh-la-la
Member 6010, 74 posts
Post Edited: 01.05.2016 @ 01:10 AM by rahshar
So I've decided I won't be continuing Wendler's 2 day a week programme. I feel it is closer to testing strength rather than building it. Furthermore, I reckon I peaked out in the second week of the programme and the third week although isn't about testing a single as you have working sets of 5 and 3, but I definitely would say it gets you lifting a weight close to an opener at a meet. I will add the PBs I have achieved on this programme to the first post and I think this short experience will benefit me in the long run. On a side note. today my lower back pain seems to have dissipated and really goes to show it is about 'how you perform on the day', that is why I like the idea of competing and performing even when all variables aren't perfect say.

For the next 8 weeks which by then my exams will be over and I will be able to resume Candito, I'm going to do somewhat of a collated version of Candito's programme:

Workout A (Control)
Paused Squats:5x8
Paused Bench:4x8
Paused Dl:3x4 or 1x12

Workout B (Intensity)
Back Squats:3x6
Bench Press:3x6
Deadlifts:1x6

Accessories will consist of Shrugs, Rows, OHP/Dumbbell Shoulder Press, Face pulls, Bicep curls and AB work. I will have the rest on Workout A at around 3-4 minutes and with Workout B it will as much as I need. I will be starting this week light and I will increment appropriately. I don't want to put targets but I will strive towards 140-3x6 Squat, 85-3x6 BP, 160-2x6 DL at the end of the 8 weeks.
rahsharIcon...14-04-2016 @ 22:15 
Avatar
Rah rah ah-ah-ah! Ro mah ro-mah-mah. Gaga oh-la-la
Member 6010, 74 posts
Post Edited: 14.04.2016 @ 22:22 PM by rahshar
So start of my collated CDL programme, will be generally taking 2-4 days rest between sessions.

Week 1 Control

Pause Squats:92.5-6x4 (3)
Pause Bench:70-6x4 (3,3,2,2,2,2)
Pause Dl:102.5-3x4 (3)
Dumbbell Circuit:Shoulder-15,Row-22.5,Shrugs-25:3x12 (2)
Isolation Circuit:Biceps,Triceps cable pull-down and face pulls:2x12
Knee raises quickly x30 bw

I feel sick, after little rest relative to past 3 weeks, my senju cells will help recovery so it's calm. Pause Squats felt fine, getting use to it and focused on pausing longer. Bench was surprising, I was smoking 70 differently, like I was benching it like how Owen Hubbard benches 200 for reps lol. Dl went light and pause weirdly suited my back. Had to use fat bar for dl, used hook grip second set onwards.this was gruelling then the circuits damn. I will increment on the main lifts and isolation, that dumbbell circuit will remain constant, focusing on muscle contraction. Chinese Happy
SaeHHIcon...14-04-2016 @ 22:55 
Avatar
Member 6013, 50 posts
SQ 115, BP 63.5, DL 145
323.5 kgs @ 66.0kgs UnEq
rahshar said:So start of my collated CDL programme, will be generally taking 2-4 days rest between sessions.

Week 1 Control

Pause Squats:92.5-6x4 (3)
Pause Bench:70-6x4 (3,3,2,2,2,2)
Pause Dl:102.5-3x4 (3)
Dumbbell Circuit:Shoulder-15,Row-22.5,Shrugs-25:3x12 (2)
Isolation Circuit:Biceps,Triceps cable pull-down and face pulls:2x12
Knee raises quickly x30 bw

I feel sick, after little rest relative to past 3 weeks, my senju cells will help recovery so it's calm. Pause Squats felt fine, getting use to it and focused on pausing longer. Bench was surprising, I was smoking 70 differently, like I was benching it like how Owen Hubbard benches 200 for reps lol. Dl went light and pause weirdly suited my back. Had to use fat bar for dl, used hook grip second set onwards.this was gruelling then the circuits damn. I will increment on the main lifts and isolation, that dumbbell circuit will remain constant, focusing on muscle contraction. Chinese Happy


Hahaha, Senju cells. Sick workout man, miring the work capacity Grin Would probably leave me for dead if I tried that! Good going.
rahsharIcon...20-04-2016 @ 00:47 
Avatar
Rah rah ah-ah-ah! Ro mah ro-mah-mah. Gaga oh-la-la
Member 6010, 74 posts
Post Edited: 20.04.2016 @ 10:11 AM by rahshar
Tuesday - End of Week 1

Squats (looser belt):122.5-3x6 (8,9,10)
Bench TNG:75-3X6 (8)
Deadlifts:140-6 (8)
Dumbbell Circuit: Shoulder Press-10,Rows-15,Shrugs-20:3x12,12,15 (1)
Isolation Circuit: Face pulls, Tricep extensions, Incline Curls-10:2x12 (1)
Plank quickly for 2 minutes

There is a lot to discuss.

For the squats, failed to really get as tight as I would want, especially with my upper back. Plus, few form adjustments required and a better walk out needs to get ingrained possibly. I should state I have slept less than 6 weeks per day for the last few weeks pretty much due to building work and exam prep - I honestly felt my head was going to explode when doing the squats. However despite all of this, the weight chosen was correct and never had difficulty - the real positive was I buried each squat in terms of depth - I think if I had perfect sleep the speed would of been even better. Overall positive but few things for homework, next week 125.

Bench press was fine, no real shoulder pain for a while which is a blessing - must be better form, face pulls and other accessories. Speed was good and in fact last two sets, I hit the rack pins which was annoying - I should be more wary about this next time - I think I knew I was always going to get 3x6. Considering sleep, I would think my push strength would get hit hard but it didn't. Next time I will be going for 77.5-3x6.

Deadlifts - was thinking of 2x6 but opted for 1x6 - feels like too much and maybe just one of those days with the sleep but I will keep it 1x6 for the next 7 weeks. 140 weirdly was comfortable but at the same time bit slow, again sleep and this being the third main lift. I will do 142.5 next week - I do think maybe I should of started with a lighter weight but I think with better sleep it should be fine.

Accessories fulfilled its purpose and after got Chinese. I should probably sleep now! Last point is I have looked at the competitions diary and theres a london gbpf meet in July and November - I might compete in both lets see. In terms of July, I need to see my weight after exams and see what weight class is realistic (chance I may have to compete in 93kg) - tbh I'm not fussed about being to competitive, I think getting a first meet done will only be positive and give me a lot of experience. The november meet looks good, thats the one which I can take more serious and compete in the 83kg class.

For now I will focus to get my goals in the main 3 lifts and after I may jump on Candito Linear program for the meet.
SaeHHIcon...20-04-2016 @ 14:53 
Avatar
Member 6013, 50 posts
SQ 115, BP 63.5, DL 145
323.5 kgs @ 66.0kgs UnEq
X


Good numbers! Grin A meet sounds great, I'd be way too nervous hehe Grin Maybe an exclusive friends meet at the end of the year :E

Though I think I might go with Warwick Barbell soc at some point next year, if I'm confident enough!
rahsharIcon...24-04-2016 @ 00:31 
Avatar
Rah rah ah-ah-ah! Ro mah ro-mah-mah. Gaga oh-la-la
Member 6010, 74 posts
Week 2 Workout 1

So I have changed things around on my control day. I'm still doing the paused movements but with the parameters Candito has on his hypertrophy programme for the Squat and Bench. Reasons is so I can use even lighter weights on this day relative to my heavy day and as I'm gymming just twice a week, I feel doing more volume esp whilst on a bulk is more wise.

Paused Bench:65-4x8 (3)
Paused Squats:80-5x8 (3)
Paused Deadlifts:105-3x4 (3)
Dumbbell Circuit:Shoulders-10&Rows-15&Shrugs-17.5 for 3x12,12,15 (1)
Face pulls, tricep extensions and Incline curls - 2x12 (1)
A set of leg raises and knee raises

So originally I was doing 6x4 on the paused bench and squat but this was a different game altogether. Later reps on the bench were testing to an extent, but I was never in fear of failing. Will do around 67.5 next week. Squats was something else, happy with the volume and I think I will stick with the weight next week. Paused deadlifts was fine and I will move to 110 I think next week, sticked with 3x4 as deadlifts do fry up the cns the most. Accessories was fine. Training with a training partner after ages, was fun. Overall a positive session and I will train next on Wednesday. I will aim to take 3 days rest for my Control day and 4 for my heavy day. I actually didn't plan to gym today with me being in London yday but I decided not to study today so might as well.....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYYu0GdqWDk Happy
rahsharIcon...28-04-2016 @ 01:03 
Avatar
Rah rah ah-ah-ah! Ro mah ro-mah-mah. Gaga oh-la-la
Member 6010, 74 posts
Post Edited: 28.04.2016 @ 01:05 AM by rahshar
End of Week 2

Started the session after 9 so knew I wouldn't finish everything I would like, wanted to make sure I do the main movements. Trained with a partner as well.

Squats:125-3x6 (8-10)
Bench TNG:75-3x6 (6)
Deadlifts:142.5-1x6 (4)

First set of Squats felt bit harder than I had hoped for but second and third set were pefect. Depth is pefect but more importantly my speed on the second and third set was very good. I think it must be a confidence thing as I warmed up to 120 for a single. Also had the belt fitted in loosely, will make it tighter from 132.5 onwards.

Bench well knew I had to finish at 11 as the gym closes then and I wanted to get my chinese. Instead of doing 77.5 I lowered the rest time for 75 instead which I did last week. Overall I guess this is good but I felt very meh on the bench.

Deadlifts literally did this with the worker trying to get me to leave. Hence only took 4 mins and did the set. My deadlift speed has slowed down abit which is slightly worrying. I will feel how it is in the next few weeks. otherwise I might just either deload or do 2x3 instead until I resume the actual version of CLP.

Forgot my earphones so will be ringing the gym tomorrow. Didn't get time for accessories so I should be firing for the next session on Sunday.
rahsharIcon...01-05-2016 @ 01:10 
Avatar
Rah rah ah-ah-ah! Ro mah ro-mah-mah. Gaga oh-la-la
Member 6010, 74 posts
Week 3 - Light, Volume day

Didn't have as much food as I would like pre-gym and as a result felt quite hungry on my way to the gym. Lucozade during the session did help but I won't repeat those antics again.

Paused Squats:80-5x8 (3)
Paused Bench:65-3x8,66-1x8 (3)
Paused Hook DL:90-12 (3)
Dumbbell and isolation circuit (1)
Plank just for a minute before gym closed

Squats felt easier than last week despite feeling worse relative to that session. For one set I actually tried a quite wide grip as well. Overall positive and next session I will do 82.5 me think.

Bench I was starting to feel bit under the weather but again felt easier than last week. Last set I decided to use the microplates and that went good as well. I will do 66 next week.

Deadlifts, I think doing 3x4 would of made finishing the session in time tricky with accessories. Doing this set was actually challenging and I had a good pump after it in the hammys. I think right now my deadlifts feel kind of all over the place weirdly. Next session I will either do 1x12 on 95 or 3x4 on 110.

Accessories fulfilled its purpose. Overall the session took around 1 hour 45 minutes and had chinese and a mcflurry after :,). Next session will be on Wednesday.
rahsharIcon...05-05-2016 @ 01:36 
Avatar
Rah rah ah-ah-ah! Ro mah ro-mah-mah. Gaga oh-la-la
Member 6010, 74 posts
Post Edited: 11.05.2016 @ 01:35 AM by rahshar
Week 3- Heavy

Disaster

Squats:127.5-3x6 (10)
Bench TNG:80-2x3,60-15,40-15 (6 and drop down)
Accessories

Never got hurt form back squats but there is always a first. After third rep on final set felt something and still did 3 reps after like it was nothing. Having severe difficulty lifting things off the ground, can walk and jump, have trouble taking off my trouser - with my right leg in particular. Hence bailed out on dl. I don't know what to say, form and weight isn't an issue - this weight is something I've done before and form looked good (got footage and a training partner). Really gutted, felt like things were going well but this potentially could cripple me mentally and even physically. I will ask GOD to fix this within the next few days otherwise this is serious.

For the future, going to assess my situation - whether if I can squat/dl at all. Might have to take some time out until I retain painfree ROM. Until then I might just have to do some upper body training exclusively. I'm hoping I can squat within a week, I can survive without deadlifts. I started gym after a back injury, roughly 18 months in and I'm potentially facing the same issue again. I know injuries here and there are part of the game but tough not to be deflated now....off to sleep.
SaeHHIcon...09-05-2016 @ 04:02 
Avatar
Member 6013, 50 posts
SQ 115, BP 63.5, DL 145
323.5 kgs @ 66.0kgs UnEq
I forgot to reply to this bro, hope you recover swiftly, looking forward to an official update on your programming and plans

1234

© Sugden Barbell 2026 Privacy - Terms & Conditions