| rahshar | Journey to the awakening of the Rinnegan | 22-02-2016 @ 21:42 | |
Rah rah ah-ah-ah! Ro mah ro-mah-mah. Gaga oh-la-la Member 6010, 74 posts | Post Edited: 11.04.2016 @ 12:59 PM by rahshar It has been just over a year since I've started training, I did 4 months of 5x5 and thereafter did 4 months of training where I wasn't really on a particular programme (was losing weight and had exams etc.) Done 12 weeks of Candito Linear Program which I plan to go back to once my exams are over. I have done a 3 week cycle of Wendler's 2 day a week programme and now I'm doing a collated version of Candito's programme for the next 8 weeks.Plan to compete @83kg weight class Stats from Wendler's Cycle Squats:130-6,137.5-5,145-2 Bench Press:77.5-6,80-5,85-3 Paused Bench Press:77.5-3 Deadlifts:150-8,160-5,170-1 OHP:50-6,52.5-4,55-f&50-1 Stats from Candito's Program Heavy Lower Back Squat: 130-3x6,132.5-3 Deadlifts: 147.5-2x6,150-5 Control Lower Pause Squats: 102.5-6x4,90-6 Pause Deadlifts: 125-3x4,100-12 Heavy Upper TNG Bench Press: 76-3x6,77.5-6 Pendlay Rows:95-3x6,100-3 OHP:50-6,45.5-9 Control Upper Paused Bench Press:72.5-6x4 Paused PendlayRows:80-4x6 Dumbbell Shoulder Press:20-10 Incline Dumbbell Press:22.5-6 I've created this forum so me and my friend(s) can see each other progress but I will appreciate anyone who provides input and feedback | ||
| rahshar | ... | 25-02-2016 @ 02:34 | |
Rah rah ah-ah-ah! Ro mah ro-mah-mah. Gaga oh-la-la Member 6010, 74 posts | Completed week 9 Sunday: Control Lower Pause Squats:102.5-6x4 (3-4 minutes rest) Pause Deadlifts (with hook grip):122.5-3x4 (3 minutes rest) Barbell Shrugs: Worked up to 130-8 with hook grip Core accessories Wednesday: Control Upper Pause Bench:72.5-6x4 (3-4 minutes rest) Pause Pendlay Rows:75-6x4 (2.5 minutes rest) OHP:45.5-9 (5 minutes rest) Incline dumbell curls and face pulls Overall both sessions were positive. Tempted to stick with the weights on pause squats and bench to increase the difference with the weights I use on my normal squats and tng bench on my heavy day, plus I want to take ideally 3 minutes rest. OHP I didn't have it to do a 10th rep, tempted to actually do 1x8 instead of 1x10 and slowly work towards testing my OHP 1rm after benching, thereafter switching OHP possibly for dumbell shoulder press or sitting down barbell press | ||
| rahshar | ... | 26-02-2016 @ 23:23 | |
Rah rah ah-ah-ah! Ro mah ro-mah-mah. Gaga oh-la-la Member 6010, 74 posts | Week 10 Heavy Lower Squats:129-3x6 (8,10,13 minutes) Deadlifts:145-2x6 (8 minutes) Gym closed Ffffs, I'll do a plank in my room lol Usually my heavy lower session takes 2 hours and today I was in the gym for an hour and half. Squats felt good, I'm increasing the weights by 1-1.5kg per season as I want to give my Deadlift more energy...today deadlifts felt very good and quick off the ground, I'm starting off in a slightly rounded back position which seems to be helping me in being explosive off the ground. I'll do a plank in my room and that's about it. Might do my heavy upper tomorrow with the arsenal game on Sunday. | ||
| rahshar | ... | 28-02-2016 @ 22:48 | |
Rah rah ah-ah-ah! Ro mah ro-mah-mah. Gaga oh-la-la Member 6010, 74 posts | Promised myself I would post even my bad workouts, although only really had 2 "off" workouts so far on the programme. Usually I go to the gym after two meals and today I accidently only had one, didn't have my "breakfast" oats as I woke up late and had to go to the pub to watch the Arsenal game, we lost arghhh!!! Even during warm ups felt very off and I realised I had bailed out on a meal, this workout wasn't a disaster, more of just a hindrance. Bench Press:77.5-6,6*,75-6* (8,10,10) PendlayRows:92.5-3x6 (5) Ohp:50-1,55-f,40-3x6 (1) Incline curls and face pulls Star indicates not full lockout. Next session I'll go for 76-3x6 and as homework watch da hulk vs Leroy walker. Ohp I failed 55 as I took so little rest, was curious to gauge my strength, 50 flew up quick with just a small rest: that's a good sign for me. Did some ohp volume thereafter. Having a Chinese meal now then oats in the night whilst I study until late...Linear Algebra and Group Theory | ||
| rahshar | ... | 01-03-2016 @ 22:40 | |
Rah rah ah-ah-ah! Ro mah ro-mah-mah. Gaga oh-la-la Member 6010, 74 posts | Tuesday Control Lower Made sure to have breakfast this time Pause Squats:102.5-6x4 (3-4 minutes) Pause (Hook) Deadlifts:125-3x4 (3 minutes) Barbell Shrugs:100-10,120-8 with hook (1 minute) Leg raises, Knee raises, Plank and 1 set of facepulls Overall a positive session. I filmed a set of my squats and deadlifts, the links are below: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9leETQHshLbS0E4ZFNBRGZaM2M/view (Pause Squats) https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9leETQHshLbX2JYMjREQ2xTdTQ/view (Pause Deadlifts) I haven't filmed myself since a long time and do need to create a habit of doing so. Pause Squats felt comfortable, this was a video of my final set and if I'm honest: the final rep was a bit above parallel for me I'm trying to imitate my normal squats and avoid going too deep). I will probably stick with the same weight even though it felt very comfortable, I will aim to lower rest and this should enable better recovery for my heavy days. With my Pause Deadlifts, my back does start off in a ever so slightly rounded position - again I feel like I do this on my normal deadlifts and again I aim to imitate that. The weight felt good and the hook grip is something I'm getting very use to. I will most likely bump this up to 127.5 for the next session. Overall positive, I plan to do my control upper workout tomorrow | ||
| rahshar | ... | 03-03-2016 @ 03:42 | |
Rah rah ah-ah-ah! Ro mah ro-mah-mah. Gaga oh-la-la Member 6010, 74 posts | Wednesday Control Upper Paused BP:72.5-6x4 (3-3.5 minutes) Paused PendlayRows:77.5-6x4 (3 minutes) Incline Dumbell Press:20-6 (1) Dumbell Shoulder Press:15-10 (1) Incline curls, Face pulls First time doing incline dumbell press and shoulder press, went light just to get a feel. Will do OHP on my heavy days and do these two new movements on this day for 1x6 and 1x10 respectively. Otherwise, a simple workout. | ||
| rahshar | ... | 07-03-2016 @ 02:15 | |
Rah rah ah-ah-ah! Ro mah ro-mah-mah. Gaga oh-la-la Member 6010, 74 posts | Sunday - Heavy Lower Trained today at my home gym, staying at home until Wednesday then back to Uni. Back Squats:130-3x6 (https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9leETQHshLbSTNBR2hfMnpCcTg) Deadlifts:147.5-2x6 (https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9leETQHshLbNnp1WkJJbjhJeDg) 2 sets of knee raises annddddd Im done Back Squats went well, took a 3 day rest and been treating myself with burgers and milkshakes In regards to Deadlifts, the weight went up quick and I made sure to lockout 'more' as looking back on my paused video it does seem I am avoiding the lockout part. However, today weirdly my issue/limiting factor was my GRIP :/ I have filmed my first set, after the fourth rep my palm facing away from me was giving up - I haven't had this issue on the same weight for 6 reps before. Either my grip literally went asleep or the squats affected my grip? The video might not even show any sign of grip issues but I literally had to step back before the last rep to check I was holding the bar where I wanted to. Anyways I think I will just do the same weight next week and see how the grip is...if I feel my grip is even slightly hindering me then I will have to re-evaluate - maybe some more grip work?! straps?! I do have hook grip waitiing :E | ||
| rahshar | ... | 08-03-2016 @ 00:04 | |
Rah rah ah-ah-ah! Ro mah ro-mah-mah. Gaga oh-la-la Member 6010, 74 posts | Post Edited: 08.03.2016 @ 00:05 AM by rahshar Birthday - Heavy UpperBench Press:76-3x6 (8,10,12) Pendlay Rows:95-3x6 (6) OHP:50-6,30-10 drop set (8) Barbell curls, inverted row and rotator cuff work. Bench Press felt very good, I think my bench at home isn't as stable relative to my uni gym so I should be stronger next week. I think I will give 77.5 a push, or 77 - depending on how I feel. Pendlay Rows were fine except for the first time my grip was limiting me, I even applied some liquid chalk but that didn't really help. I think I do a lot of grip work and maybe its catching up so I may look to explore straps for my rows. OHP was very good, warmed up nicely and I could of got more reps on the 50 - the power of increasing rest time My next workout will most likely be Thursday. Plus, from Thursday I plan to cut down. I started this programme at 80kg and weigh around 88kg (my waist is the same lol) but I don't want to pull away from the 83 marker so I will cut down to near that before bulking up again. Looks like it will be one milkshake a week | ||
| rahshar | ... | 10-03-2016 @ 22:39 | |
Rah rah ah-ah-ah! Ro mah ro-mah-mah. Gaga oh-la-la Member 6010, 74 posts | Thursday - Control Lower Felt soo tired today and I think me over masturbating during the last two days after my heavy sessions also meant I was lethargic. I decided to play around with the weights and parameters, e.g. on paused deadlifts instead of doing 3x4 I did 1x12...1 hour session. Paused Squats:102.5-3x4,90-2x6 (2-3) Paused Deadlifts:100-1x12 (3) Barbell Shrugs:80-3x20 (1) Plank and Face pulls I'm only gonna bust after my heavy upper once a week or if I'm inside a 10/10. Still a positive session, I'm gonna finish my snacks in my room and carb up until Sunday, then Monday I'll go into my healthy cutting regime - practically a ketogenic diet. | ||
| rahshar | ... | 12-03-2016 @ 14:48 | |
Rah rah ah-ah-ah! Ro mah ro-mah-mah. Gaga oh-la-la Member 6010, 74 posts | Post Edited: 12.03.2016 @ 19:32 PM by rahshar Friday - Control UpperFelt more energetic, went to five guys for the first time after but was massively restricted as they specialize in beef. Cut begins on Monday PausedBench:72.5-6x4 (3) PausedPRows:80-4x6 (3) not 6x4 to finish earlier DumbellShoulderPress:20-10 (4) InclineDumbellPress:22.5-6 (4) Curls and face pulls. Overall positive, now for week 12.... | ||
| rahshar | ... | 16-03-2016 @ 21:57 | |
Rah rah ah-ah-ah! Ro mah ro-mah-mah. Gaga oh-la-la Member 6010, 74 posts | Post Edited: 17.03.2016 @ 09:14 AM by rahshar Had a 4 day break from the gym as I caught the virus it seems on Sunday. Struggling to sleep well, only slept 4 hours straight, spitting blood (madara vs guy)...but couldn't afford to not gym today and lose my gainzzz. My gp told me it will take a week to clear up, I've lost a kg so far as well lol but I've been eating carbs to help me retain strength. Today I wanted to lift with considerably low volume and without any grinders... Back Squat:131-3,132.5-3 (9) 120-3&100-3 paused (5) Deadlifts:150-3 (8) 140-3 (5) Plank and little bit of knee raises. Not bad considering my condition, I was spitting blood during the Sesh but didn't let it affect me. This is me at my worst and i can accept this, tomorrow is heavy upper and I will use my control workouts to do considerable volume. Lastly with preparations of exams imminent (11-12 weeks), I will be doing 4 sessions every 9-10 days. | ||
| rahshar | ... | 17-03-2016 @ 22:07 | |
Rah rah ah-ah-ah! Ro mah ro-mah-mah. Gaga oh-la-la Member 6010, 74 posts | Thursday - Heavy Upper Been coughing blood until late afternoon, thereafter it has calmed down Bench Press:76-3x6 (8) Pendlay Rows:95-3,100-3 (5) 80-2x6 (2) OHP:50-6 (8) Some curls and rear delt work. Bench press felt good, reduced rest and decided to stick with the same weight. Considering everything this is a real positive, I do need to sort out how I plant my legs on the bench - I probably sort this at my uni gym. Pendlay rows - wanted to do something different and wanted to give 100 a go I forgot to mention I deadlifted an unequal loaded bar yday with mixed grip - one side was heavier by 5kg and that to where I have my palm facing outwards. It was only for a rep but I don't think I've injured myself - nor my bicep. Got to be careful I've almost done 12 weeks of Candito Linear program and so far haven't deloaded on any of my lifts - which shows I've incremented wisely but maybe not as aggressively as I should? O.o | ||
| rahshar | ... | 22-03-2016 @ 00:10 | |
Rah rah ah-ah-ah! Ro mah ro-mah-mah. Gaga oh-la-la Member 6010, 74 posts | Post Edited: 22.03.2016 @ 12:59 PM by rahshar Change of routine with exams in 10-12 weeks and starting preparation from scratch I feel I need to limit my frequency at the gym. I'm doing Wendler's 5/3/1 2 day a week programme for at least 12 weeks then I will probably go back to Candito's programme but who knows....Monday - Workout 1 Squats:100-5 (65%), 115-5 (75%) and 130-6 (85%) (Rest:3,6,10) Bench:60-5 paused (65%), 68.5-5 paused (75%) and 77.5-6 TNG (85%) (Rest:3,6,10) Pendlay Rows:70-3x8 (1) OHP:30-3x10 (60,90,120) Curls, plate pulls and some knee raises. Overall happy. Last sets on Squats and Bench is a 5+ AMRAP. Weights felt good and my assistance movements with the respective rest times feels like I'm bodybuilding lol. I'm more pleased about the fact that on Squats, I know I have 130 'in the bag', to get it for 6 today without much trouble despite training late, being ill last week etc. etc. this gives me great confidence. With the Bench I know there is more to come Lastly, if anyone is interested in the programme I'm doing: http://crossfitnorthvancouver.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/W... Page 77, option (i) is the programme I'm doing with slight alterations on the assistance movements ONLY. I plan to actually buy his ebook but I know his recent revised 2 day programme is a upper/lower split which seems very counter productive. That reminds me after my exam I ought to donate to Candito as well, I don't know whats a good amount but £21 should be fine O.o | ||
| rahshar | ... | 24-03-2016 @ 23:20 | |
Rah rah ah-ah-ah! Ro mah ro-mah-mah. Gaga oh-la-la Member 6010, 74 posts | Post Edited: 24.03.2016 @ 23:21 PM by rahshar Thursday - Workout 2DL:115-5 (no belt),132.5-5,150-8 (3,6,10) Ohp:40-5,45-5,50-6 (2,5,8) Hook Barbell Shrugs:100-3x10 (60,90,120) Incline Dumbbell Press:15,17.5,20-10 Incline curls and Face pulls Plank bodyweight: cut it short as gym closing Went to this session very demotivated and tried to look forward to the amrap sets. Also with me now studying etc I was quite lethargic for the session. Dead lifts went well considering all, that 150-8 I felt like I was holding a burp from the water I drank leading to the set lol. I will take this when u consider 150-5 was my best. I got more in the tank | ||
| rahshar | ... | 29-03-2016 @ 23:58 | |
Rah rah ah-ah-ah! Ro mah ro-mah-mah. Gaga oh-la-la Member 6010, 74 posts | Tuesday - Week 2 Workout 1 Went to the gym yesterday to see it was closed lol, I should of known better. So had a 4 day rest and yesterday got myself chinese (plenty of carbs) - wanted to make sure I fire today considering only 2 weeks ago I got the virus and I've lowered my training frequency due to exams. Squat:107.5-3,122.5-3,137.5-5 (3,6,12) Bench:65-3&72.5-3 (paused), 80-5 (Tng) (3,6,12) PendlayRows:70-8,80-6,90-6&70-6 DumbellShoulderPress:10,15-10,20-12 Supersetted With incline curls Did plenty of face pulls and some ab work Tried on sbds and I need to probably place them higher towards the thighs but they are useful. Any knee sleeve that isn't loose (I.e. rolls off) will help with getting a rebound, I'm sure. 137.5 felt comfortable and could of squeezed more reps but I'm only looking to do 'clean' reps. Bench was also good, I was supposed to do around 82 but stuck with 80. Reps were controlled and maybe could of got a few more reps but would of been slow probz. I need to sort out my legs, I don't get leg drive and once I master that, bench will get stronger for sure. Accessories did volume with low rest. Overall positive and enjoying the programme | ||