Who's Online - 3 members and 328 guests

Elite Strongman Englands Strongest Man

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

elitestrongmanIcon...26-07-2012 @ 17:17 
thats the way I do it, don't like it not my prob
Member 253, 1225 posts
SQ 267.5, BP 180, DL 225
672.5 kgs @ 118kgs Eq
Hello, could all athletes PLEASE e-mail or text me the names of their guest's so i can pass list onto Bulldog people?

many thanks
elitestrongmanIcon...31-07-2012 @ 21:16 
Member 253, 1225 posts
SQ 267.5, BP 180, DL 225
672.5 kgs @ 118kgs Eq
Post Edited: 31.07.2012 @ 21:16 PM by elitestrongman
Elite strongman promotions, England’s strongest man final 2012
Venue: Bulldog Bash. Shakespeare County Raceway, Long Marston Airfield, Long Marston, Stratford-upon-Avon, CV37 8LL
Date: Saturday 11 August 2012
Start time: 2pm: Athletes must sign in by 1pm

Events: (are subject to change)

Athletes qualified:

1: Lloyd Renals: champion 2011 (TBC)
2: Chris Grenning (TBC)
3: Paul Carter
4: Adam Bishop
5: Chris Bundell
6: Wayne Trunstill
7: Graham Hicks
8: Dave Whittington
9: James Clayton
10: Paul Amor
11: Mikey Lane
12: Mike Woods
13: Sean O’hagan

1: Log lift: (wooden log 135kg for reps)
The athlete will start grasping the handles within the log on the floor. Upon the referee’s command, the athlete will begin lifting the log. The athlete will press the log above his head until the elbows are locked. The log must be held in position until the referee acknowledges the lift. The log will then be lowered to the chest, than repeated as many times as possible in the given time. The log must be stationary before the commencement of the next lift.
The weight must be lifted cleanly, splitting as per Olympic jerk style will be permitted. Push-press technique is also permissible
Time limit: 75 seconds
Weight of log: 135kgs

2: Farmers walk: (250kgs for distance)
Each competitor will carry two cylinders (125 kilos each) over a 25 metre course. The athlete will carry the farmers as far as he can, once the equipment has touch the ground the referee will end the attempt, the distance will then be measured, longest distance wins.
Weight: 250kg
Time limit: none

3: Big van Lift Big van lift (300kg plus 75secs)
Using the bar on the frame, which is extending from the end of a van, will be grasped deadlift style. The athlete will commence lifting on referee’s signal. Competitors must stand erect with legs straight and back extended in an upright position with shoulders locked back. The weight can be returned to the start position on the referee’s signal. This sequence to be repeated as many times as possible in the time period allowed Athletes must maintain a grip on the bar at all times. The person lifting the most number of reps wins. Lifting straps are permitted, but the use of adhesive substance on the hands is not permitted.
Start Weight: 300kg

4: Stone of strength
On the referee’s command each competitor will lift a 155kg stone over the yoke bar, the bar is set at a hight of 48ins. competitors will repeat this as many times as he can in a 75 seconds time period. Athlete with must lifts wins!
Weight: 140kg

5: back to back (tug of war)
The draw for this event goes on the placing after 5 events. For example the first round would be 1st place v 7th place (A), 2nd v 8th (B), 3rd v 5th (C), 4th v 6th (D),
Second round A v C, B v D with the winner of each second round match’s meeting in the final.
In the event of any of the top 8 competitors not competing in the last event 9th place will compete. The first round will be one pull only. The semi finals, & final best of three pulls.
Please note: the judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.

The points of this event will be
First round loser; 2½ points
Second round loser 5½ points
Runner up (2nd place) 7 points
Winner (1st place) 8 points
VanillaGorillaIcon...31-07-2012 @ 21:40 
the UK's leading expert in bio mechanics
Member 1973, 7379 posts
Post Edited: 31.07.2012 @ 21:41 PM by VanillaGorilla
Is the arm over arm out Bob? Unhappy
paddymc1986Icon...31-07-2012 @ 22:29 
dieting is not the way to go
Member 1539, 5526 posts
SQ 330, BP 230, DL 350
910.0 kgs @ 135kgs UnEq
adding up that tug of war would hurt my headRoll-Eyes
elitestrongmanIcon...01-08-2012 @ 18:42 
Member 253, 1225 posts
SQ 267.5, BP 180, DL 225
672.5 kgs @ 118kgs Eq
VanillaGorilla said:Is the arm over arm out Bob? Unhappy

We have being given two hours to do event/show, so am using the 90kg day before to see how long it takes, knowing the fat boy's need more time between events?
VanillaGorillaIcon...01-08-2012 @ 18:49 
Member 1973, 7379 posts
Arm over arm instead of tug of war?

Gives us little ones more of a chance against the monsters haha
elitestrongmanIcon...02-08-2012 @ 18:26 
Member 253, 1225 posts
SQ 267.5, BP 180, DL 225
672.5 kgs @ 118kgs Eq
this competition is for real man strongman only?

thats bound to upset someone?
VanillaGorillaIcon...02-08-2012 @ 18:37 
Member 1973, 7379 posts
Lol yea but the crowd love to.see a truck pull Grin
PaulAmorIcon...02-08-2012 @ 20:15 
Amor means love
Member 2369, 50 posts
SQ 300, BP 230, DL 330
860.0 kgs @ 165kgs UnEq
elitestrongman said:this competition is for real man strongman only?

thats bound to upset someone?

Nuff said.

Since when did the event selection become by commitee? Bob's contest, Bob's events.
Plus a truck pull is a very difficult event to set up. Far too many variable with the event, and you need an event tester.
VanillaGorillaIcon...02-08-2012 @ 20:19 
Member 1973, 7379 posts
No dispute with that Paul, just my opinion that's it's better for the crowd, and fairer for the athletes.
PaulAmorIcon...02-08-2012 @ 20:33 
Amor means love
Member 2369, 50 posts
SQ 300, BP 230, DL 330
860.0 kgs @ 165kgs UnEq
That wasn't directed at anyone inparticular Dave.

I'm just a bit fed up with the growing trend of competitors and those not involved at all hasselling/attacking promoter. It happened at UKSC Englands, BSM, Elite Englands and prob many more that I'm not aware of.

Until people start running contests themselves they have no idea of the stress, financial and time investment put in by the promotors. Without them we have no contests, isn't it about time people start achknowledging this?
PaulAmorIcon...02-08-2012 @ 20:34 
Amor means love
Member 2369, 50 posts
SQ 300, BP 230, DL 330
860.0 kgs @ 165kgs UnEq
VanillaGorilla said:No dispute with that Paul, just my opinion that's it's better for the crowd, and fairer for the athletes.

Yeah, truck pulls always look awesome, can't deny that.
VanillaGorillaIcon...02-08-2012 @ 20:37 
Member 1973, 7379 posts
PaulAmor said:That wasn't directed at anyone inparticular Dave.

I'm just a bit fed up with the growing trend of competitors and those not involved at all hasselling/attacking promoter. It happened at UKSC Englands, BSM, Elite Englands and prob many more that I'm not aware of.

Until people start running contests themselves they have no idea of the stress, financial and time investment put in by the promotors. Without them we have no contests, isn't it about time people start achknowledging this?

I agree, most of what I say is meant as expressing my opinion without any serious expectations of changing anything. If I didn't want to do the comp I just wouldn't do it, and that should be the same for all competitors. But I've done every show I've ever put my name down for and completed every one, even through injury. Can't see that changing any time soon! Grin
elitestrongmanIcon...02-08-2012 @ 21:41 
Member 253, 1225 posts
SQ 267.5, BP 180, DL 225
672.5 kgs @ 118kgs Eq
Kind words Paul. I think its a good balance of events and that crowd will love tug of war? Plus am not having the best of luck with this event this year. But I won't moam? C u all there
elitestrongmanIcon...04-08-2012 @ 17:41 
Member 253, 1225 posts
SQ 267.5, BP 180, DL 225
672.5 kgs @ 118kgs Eq
Events: (are subject to change)

Athletes qualified:

1: Paul Carter
2: Adam Bishop
3: Chris Bundell
4: Wayne Trunstill
5: Graham Hicks
6: Dave Whittington
7: James Clayton
8: Paul Amor
9: Mikey Lane
10: Mike Woods
11: Sean O’hagan
12: Junior Gelsthorpe

1: Log lift: (wooden log 135kg for reps)
The athlete will start grasping the handles within the log on the floor. Upon the referee’s command, the athlete will begin lifting the log. The athlete will press the log above his head until the elbows are locked. The log must be held in position until the referee acknowledges the lift. The log will then be lowered to the chest, than repeated as many times as possible in the given time. The log must be stationary before the commencement of the next lift.
The weight must be lifted cleanly, splitting as per Olympic jerk style will be permitted. Push-press technique is also permissible
Weight of log: 135kgs

2: Farmers walk: (250kgs for distance)
Each competitor will carry two cylinders (125 kilos each) over a 25 metre course. The athlete will carry the farmers as far as he can, once the equipment has touch the ground the referee will end the attempt, the distance will then be measured, longest distance wins.
Weight: 250kg
Time limit: none

3: Big van Lift Big van lift (300kg plus 75secs)
Using the bar on the frame, which is extending from the end of a van, will be grasped deadlift style. The athlete will commence lifting on referee’s signal. Competitors must stand erect with legs straight and back extended in an upright position with shoulders locked back. The weight can be returned to the start position on the referee’s signal. This sequence to be repeated as many times as possible in the time period allowed Athletes must maintain a grip on the bar at all times. The person lifting the most number of reps wins. Lifting straps are permitted, but the use of adhesive substance on the hands is not permitted.
Start Weight: 300kg

4: Stone of strength
On the referee’s command each competitor will lift a 155kg stone over the yoke bar, the bar is set at a hight of 48ins. competitors will repeat this as many times as he can in a 75 seconds time period. Athlete with must lifts wins!
Weight: 140kg

5: back to back (tug of war)
The draw for this event goes on the placing after 5 events. For example the first round would be 1st place v 7th place (A), 2nd v 8th (B), 3rd v 5th (C), 4th v 6th (D),
Second round A v C, B v D with the winner of each second round match’s meeting in the final.
In the event of any of the top 8 competitors not competing in the last event 9th place will compete. The first round will be one pull only. The semi finals, & final best of three pulls.
Please note: the judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.

The points of this event will be
First round loser; 2½ points
Second round loser 5½ points
Runner up (2nd place) 7 points
Winner (1st place) 8 points

© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions