SQ 267.5, BP 180, DL 225
672.5 kgs @ 118kgs Eq
Post Edited: 27.04.2012 @ 12:56 PM by elitestrongman
Elite strongman promotions: Allendale strongest man 2012
Venue: Allendale, Northumberland
Date: Saturday 2 June
Start time: 12.30/1pm: Athletes must sign in by 12pm

1: Axle clean & press
Athlete will start grasping the Bar, than upon the referee’s command, the athlete will begin lifting the axle. The athlete will clean the axle to shoulders than press the axle above his head until the elbows are locked. Athletes must be still in this position until the referee acknowledges the lift. The axle will then be lowered back to the floor and the lift repeated as many times as possible in the given time period
Weight of axle: 110 kilos
Time limit: 75 seconds

2: yoke
On a given signal, the athlete will stand up with the 300kg yoke and carry the yoke down the course (10m) once across the line the athlete may drop yoke and turn around to complete the 20mts.. The yoke must be carried all the way over the finish line to complete the course. The fastest time or longest distance will decide the winner of this event.
Time limit: none
Starts weight: 300 kilos

3: Bus Pull
The athlete will wear a harness and upon the referee’s command pull a 7 tonne bus over a 25metre course. The front of the bus must cross the finishing line to stop the clock. The competitor with the fastest time wins or longest distance.
Weight: 7 tonne
Course 30 metres
Time limit 90 seconds

4: last man standing deadlift:
In the axle deadlift the athlete grasps the loaded bar which is resting on the floor. The athlete pulls the weights off the floor and assumes an erect upright position. Athlete’s knees must be locked and the shoulders back, with the weight held in the athlete’s grip. At the referees command of good lift the bar will be returned to the floor under the control of the athlete. The referee will call the next athlete when the bar is loaded. Straps are allowed. NO POWER SUITS.
The bar will be load as: 210kg, 250kg 270kg.300kg Than after by the referee/myself
All athletes must lift weight in each round.
Time limit:
Weight:

Keg/barrel load.
4 kegs/barrels are lifted onto a the platform, in an upright position in the fastest time possible. Times will be taken when each barrel is placed in the upright position on the platform. Competitors who successfully lift all 4keg/barrels will be scored according to time. Kegs/Barrels falling off the platform must be replaced by the competitor before continuing onto the next barrel.
Weights: 4kegs at 125 kilos
Time limit: 90 seconds
Heigh of platform. 48ins

Athletes list:
1: Christopher J Withers
2: Alan McGee
3: James Miller
4: Mike Thron
5: Jason Crompton
6: John Sumpton
7: Rob Hawxby
8: Neil Denning
9: Rick Perkins
10: Ricky May
11: Lee Forbister
12:
bertieIcon...27-04-2012 @ 13:12 
I work as a boner
Member 3115, 490 posts
SQ 240, BP 140, DL 300
680.0 kgs @ 132kgs Eq
elitestrongman said:
Heigh of platform. 48ins

Nice one. Being only 5'7" i was worried you'd have it higher. Really looking forward to this comp.Happy
dantonIcon...01-05-2012 @ 16:46 
What's RICE?
Member 1478, 525 posts
SQ 300, BP 160, DL 285
745.0 kgs @ 130kgs Eq
Pm sent, :-)
elitestrongmanIcon...02-05-2012 @ 20:55 
thats the way I do it, don't like it not my prob
Member 253, 1225 posts
SQ 267.5, BP 180, DL 225
672.5 kgs @ 118kgs Eq

Athlete will start grasping the Bar, than upon the referee’s command, the athlete will begin lifting the axle. The athlete will clean the axle to shoulders than press the axle above his head until the elbows are locked. Athletes must be still in this position until the referee acknowledges the lift. The axle will then be lowered back to the floor and the lift repeated as many times as possible in the given time period

On a given signal, the athlete will stand up with the 300kg yoke and carry the yoke down the course (10m) once across the line the athlete may drop yoke and turn around to complete the 20mts.. The yoke must be carried all the way over the finish line to complete the course. The fastest time or longest distance will decide the winner of this event.

The athlete will wear a harness and upon the referee’s command pull a 7 tonne bus over a 25metre course. The front of the bus must cross the finishing line to stop the clock. The competitor with the fastest time wins or longest distance.
Course 30 metres
Time limit 90 seconds

In the axle deadlift the athlete grasps the loaded bar which is resting on the floor. The athlete pulls the weights off the floor and assumes an erect upright position. Athlete’s knees must be locked and the shoulders back, with the weight held in the athlete’s grip. At the referees command of good lift the bar will be returned to the floor under the control of the athlete. The referee will call the next athlete when the bar is loaded. Straps are allowed. NO POWER SUITS.
The bar will be load as: 210kg, 250kg 270kg.300kg Than after by the referee/myself
Time limit:
Weight:

Keg/barrel load.
4 kegs/barrels are lifted onto a the platform, in an upright position in the fastest time possible. Times will be taken when each barrel is placed in the upright position on the platform. Competitors who successfully lift all 4keg/barrels will be scored according to time. Kegs/Barrels falling off the platform must be replaced by the competitor before continuing onto the next barrel.
Heigh of platform. 48ins

Athletes list:
12Grinaniel Tipper
N_DenningIcon...02-05-2012 @ 21:04 
I have pulled out (of my own comp)
Member 3211, 839 posts
SQ 200, BP 140, DL 270
610.0 kgs @ 105kgs UnEq
elitestrongman said:Elite strongman promotions: Allendale strongest man 2012

Course 30 metres
Time limit 90 seconds

Time limit:
Weight:

Keg/barrel load.
Heigh of platform. 48ins

Athletes list:
12Grinaniel Tipper

Tipper out of my comp injured but entering one before it! You scared of Junction Weights? Grin
dantonIcon...03-05-2012 @ 21:00 
What's RICE?
Member 1478, 525 posts
SQ 300, BP 160, DL 285
745.0 kgs @ 130kgs Eq
N_Denning said:
Tipper out of my comp injured but entering one before it! You scared of Junction Weights? Grin

Trash talk, I'm back ha ha
fatneckIcon...03-05-2012 @ 21:42 
they found an old knot very deep in my glute
Member 1837, 475 posts
SQ 220, BP 200, DL 262.5
682.5 kgs @ 120kgs UnEq
danton said:
Trash talk, I'm back ha ha

Cool, what's the score mate? Lol only joking, I always enjoy competing against you mate
elitestrongmanIcon...04-05-2012 @ 13:03 
Member 253, 1225 posts
SQ 267.5, BP 180, DL 225
672.5 kgs @ 118kgs Eq

Course 30 metres
Time limit 90 seconds

Time limit:
Weight:

Keg/barrel load.
Heigh of platform. 48ins

Athletes list:
12:

Daniel Tipper pulled out. still have place free if anyone wants in
elitestrongmanIcon...15-05-2012 @ 16:51 
Member 253, 1225 posts
SQ 267.5, BP 180, DL 225
672.5 kgs @ 118kgs Eq

Course 30 metres
Time limit 90 seconds

Time limit:
Weight:

Keg/barrel load.
Heigh of platform. 48ins

Athletes list:
12:Elliot Greenberg

Daniel Tipper pulled out. still have place free if anyone wants in
fatneckIcon...15-05-2012 @ 18:17 
they found an old knot very deep in my glute
Member 1837, 475 posts
SQ 220, BP 200, DL 262.5
682.5 kgs @ 120kgs UnEq
I'm looking at staying over the night before the comp, any recommendations that won't brake the bank? Cheers
bertieIcon...15-05-2012 @ 19:13 
I work as a boner
Member 3115, 490 posts
SQ 240, BP 140, DL 300
680.0 kgs @ 132kgs Eq
fatneck said:I'm looking at staying over the night before the comp, any recommendations that won't brake the bank? Cheers

Allendale is little tourist/farming sort of town probs lots of little B&B's there, if not try Hexham thats only about 10 miles away from there but a bigger town.
BigTIcon...15-05-2012 @ 19:18 
Red Bull is banned in netball
Member 799, 1484 posts
Hexham would prob be a good bet, or Newcastle isn't that far.

© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions