Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

CuddlesIcon...03-12-2009 @ 14:55 
Eat.Cycle.Sleep.Win
Member 2, 12511 posts
SQ 190, BP 150, DL 280
620.0 kgs @ 99kgs UnEq
Administrator
JayMcLaughlin said:
I merely use that as an example because if we don't value the top guys in our sport, how can we expect the wider public to give two hoots?
A lot of the top brit guys do give their time free, training, judging, lending kit etc etc .... the mistake is taking it for grantedWink

No one is taking it for granted. You are writing on a forum full of people who care about the sport and do what they can to help. We have comp organisers, sponsors, exceptional lifers etc. No one is taking anything for granted.

Saying that £120-150 is too much is stating an opinion. For many on here thats a LOT of money. It doesnt mean we take anyone for granted or dont value the top athletes, it means that to some of us its a LOT of money.

If someone asks for market research then being honest is doing them the best service you can.
ayebygumIcon...03-12-2009 @ 16:53 
The Giant of the Winter Giants
Member 155, 132 posts
Great opinions on the training day, really constructive,
i just need some figures on ticket prices and how far people would travel to see 1. uk athletes (from the ticket sales to winter Giant's) people are willing to travel a good 3 hours, and pay £10. 2. how far would guy's travel to see International guy's like Zadrunus & Mariusz & what would you be prepared to pay, .... maybe how many hours you would want for your money...
JCIcon...03-12-2009 @ 16:58 
technical retard
Member 172, 36827 posts
SQ 310, BP 205, DL 335
850.0 kgs @ 108kgs UnEq
As long as I could get there and back in a day, and my fellow training partners were accompanying me, I would travel anywhere in Eng/Wales/Scotland really

Price upto 20 beans for International athletes
BoarIcon...03-12-2009 @ 17:22 
Nothing left in the tank.
Member 5, 25568 posts
Administrator
20 dabs is a reasonable price , personally id like to mabie see another comp either befor or concurrently ...i'd prefer u105's to novice as lots of my friends are top 105ers

the drive to bournmouth was awful so mabie a venue within a keg toss of a motorwayWink

© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions