Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumTraining & Training VideosBig Jak 260KG Squats any good ?????????????

Big Jak 260KG Squats any good ?????????????

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

First Time at 260KG Squat with new suit and wraps any good ?

Post Edited: 30.07.2009 @ 12:24 PM by MarkClegg
Half Squat with foooking Bad hair !!!

But great strength big fella .. Deffo getting better - come comp day you`ll be fine .. i`m sure..
Post Edited: 30.07.2009 @ 12:28 PM by richards9876
s**te Jack. Absoulte crap.Grin Grin Grin

Only joking pal. Wish i could squat 200kg let alone 260kg.
s**t get lower ditch the suit and wraps and just squat, thats what matt would say
What the f**k!!!!!

Get out of that f**king contraption of a rack.

A: you need to get down faster with kit on
B: one side bouncing off the support at the bottom is not going to help you at all!
C: if you must use kit, loosen your belt put the straps down and only loosley wrap in the gym and hit depth

it is not a squat if it doesn't break 90degs

Keep at it bro
Mate, firstly, have you just borke up from school and had a summer special? Nice blonde rinse Wink

Squats, you need to train with someone and with someone you trust. f**k off this 3/4 squat s**t, you need to start squatting to depth to find out (a) if you can actually make depth in the suit and (b) just to practice the event as it will be on the day

Just my 2p worth
-so full Squat 260kg with spotters i trust !
-NO gay Rack s**t
-fast down
-no gay hair colour

i do like using the suit gives me more confidence never liked squating
and the gym i go to in wank ! i got bollocked for avin to much weight on the bar after the squat !
And also i know the bounceing bar on one side was bad was in the mood for squats with no spotters
Big_JK_88 said:
was in the mood for squats with no spotters

that can be dangerous bud. always have a spotter when your going heavy. or in a rack just in case. also who did that to your head? or have you been watching The Viking Power DVD
Big_JK_88 said:
-so full Squat 260kg with spotters i trust !
-NO gay Rack s**t
-fast down
-no gay hair colour

i do like using the suit gives me more confidence never liked squating
and the gym i go to in wank ! i got bollocked for avin to much weight on the bar after the squat !

IMO you can still squat in a rack with safety pins, but the pins need to be well below parralel - but just gives you the added safety if you need it

If however, you squat with people you trust it shouldn't be needed. It is the biggest single factor for me with squats, you dont want to have the fear of getting buried with 260

I would have someone behind spotting, and if no safety pins, maybe one either side

I would also have someone checking your depth from a good position, you need to be going below parralel (Mick probably aint going to squat in a suit as canmt get down with 260!!)

Fast down, but obvioulsy dont drop like a bag of s**t, it has to be controlled

I will direct Dai (PorkPie) and Mick to this thread, wont go wrong with squatting advice off them monsters
Wrong in lots of ways but good gutsy effort nevertheless.

Get used to full squats or even better box squat to depth. Half squats are for homosexuals, bodybuilders and other weaklings.

Wear your suit straps down for all but comp/prep lifts.

Your set up is okay but you need to be more assertive in the walk out. Not pissing about with that rack.

You are sitting down rather than back when you are squatting, this is incorrect - which is why box squats would suit you.

As always, try and get training with some experienced fellas, even if its only once in a while for pointers. Get proper technique now and sky is the limit.
Ill Be at Olmpic on sunday if ace A1 Squaters are going
Post Edited: 30.07.2009 @ 15:25 PM by JC
Big_JK_88 said:
Ill Be at Olmpic on sunday if ace A1 Squaters are going

Jack - Gaz Bolton is a good squatter, he will show you the way mate. So is Cleggy for that matter!!
What do peeps use for box squats ? and what routine once a week ? reps n sets ? 5x5?
Cheers bud ill keep at it !

PorkPie said:
Wrong in lots of ways but good gutsy effort nevertheless.

Get used to full squats or even better box squat to depth. Half squats are for homosexuals, bodybuilders and other weaklings.

Wear your suit straps down for all but comp/prep lifts.

Your set up is okay but you need to be more assertive in the walk out. Not pissing about with that rack.

You are sitting down rather than back when you are squatting, this is incorrect - which is why box squats would suit you.

As always, try and get training with some experienced fellas, even if its only once in a while for pointers. Get proper technique now and sky is the limit.

You are here: HomeForumTraining & Training VideosBig Jak 260KG Squats any good ?????????????
Return to top View Desktop Site