REGISTER
 

British 'summer' 2023

matthewvcIconBritish 'summer' 202302-08-2023 @ 15:03 
Avatar
‘downsizing’
Member 5704, 3496 posts
SQ 280, BP 210, DL 320
810.0 kgs @ 96.3kgs UnEq
I am trying to think when the last day was it didn't rain (even if fleetingly).
Convinced the last day without a drop was the last Sunday on 28th June
as I remember it being decent enough day to finish off some work in our
garden requiring it to be bone dry.

That would make 35 days now in a row, with no sign of it relenting.
wonder if that's a record for 'summer'?
BoarIcon...02-08-2023 @ 15:14 
Avatar
Nothing left in the tank.
Member 5, 25597 posts
Administrator
I cycle to work and like to go out running, this weather is f**king pissing me right off.
The_Lone_WolfIcon...04-08-2023 @ 09:18 
Avatar
I eat a lot of meat
Member 5124, 3014 posts
SQ 245, BP 130, DL 275
650.0 kgs @ 105kgs UnEq
It has been a complete gusher of a summer, wetter than an otters pocket!

I need to paint the fence and do some electrical work outside, which for obvious reasons has not happened.

At least there is not a hose pipe ban my parents said with gay abandon!
Wayne_CowdreyIcon...04-08-2023 @ 10:09 
Avatar
Still got a little bit of strength
Member 400, 22989 posts
And we're meant to be in imminent danger of the planet burning up...
slimsimIcon...04-08-2023 @ 10:11 
My asshole is not watertight.
Member 2926, 6051 posts
SQ 217.5, BP 107.5, DL 225
550.0 kgs @ 86kgs UnEq
According to my climbing partner it's been the wettest Lanacashire on record, which doesn't surprise me as it's been utter s**te since the first day of 'summer' pretty much, which is a bit ironic.

I considered putting my heating on a couple of nights ago.
slimsimIcon...04-08-2023 @ 10:19 
My asshole is not watertight.
Member 2926, 6051 posts
SQ 217.5, BP 107.5, DL 225
550.0 kgs @ 86kgs UnEq
Boar said:I cycle to work and like to go out running, this weather is f**king pissing me right off.


I spend a lot of time out hiking and the weather in the mountains is generally even worse than lower down so not only has it been rainy as f**k, the winds have been pretty dangerous at times.

I have managed a couple of good days in Wales though which seems to have faired slightly better than the Lakes.
matthewvcIcon...04-08-2023 @ 10:23 
Avatar
‘downsizing’
Member 5704, 3496 posts
SQ 280, BP 210, DL 320
810.0 kgs @ 96.3kgs UnEq
The_Lone_Wolf said:It has been a complete gusher of a summer, wetter than an otters pocket!

I need to paint the fence and do some electrical work outside, which for obvious reasons has not happened.

At least there is not a hose pipe ban my parents said with gay abandon!


surprised as hose pipe bans seem to happen even when it does rain with gay abandon. more a critique of UK water companies leaky infrastructure.

I need the ground in my garden to be bone dry ideally to finish off the landscaping project. At moment it's like Bradford Northern's ground in January (their old stadium Odsal was notorious for being a mud bath when Rugby was a winter sport)
WiegieboardIcon...11-08-2023 @ 13:30 
Avatar
as crimson as my last victims underclothing.....
Member 899, 11371 posts
SQ 180, BP 132.5, DL 190
502.5 kgs @ 118kgs UnEq
A couple of years back it used to rain at 5am every day.
Last year it just didn't rain and it was hot as balls
This year it rains when the wind changes but the temperature has been consistently warm and moist.

My favourite was the rain at 5am year.
matthewvcIcon...15-08-2023 @ 12:07 
Avatar
‘downsizing’
Member 5704, 3496 posts
SQ 280, BP 210, DL 320
810.0 kgs @ 96.3kgs UnEq
Wiegieboard said:A couple of years back it used to rain at 5am every day.
Last year it just didn't rain and it was hot as balls
This year it rains when the wind changes but the temperature has been consistently warm and moist.

My favourite was the rain at 5am year.


I much prefer my other country's climate (Thailand). You get a defined monsoon period between June and October, where the rain and thunderstorms are on a different level. Rest of year is sweltering and pretty dry, with April hottest month (as in over 50C heat index hot, unpleasant to the point of dangerous if you have to do anything remotely exertional outside)
© Sugden Barbell 2026 Privacy - Terms & Conditions