REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 155 guests

Winter Strongman challenge

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

MattVIcon...18-01-2015 @ 22:44 
Member 5324, 5 posts
I'm sure I saw him smash it out one motion at scl Brazil with savickas one year, 2013 I tHink, although slightly lighter log maybe.
The_Lone_WolfIcon...19-01-2015 @ 11:14 
I eat a lot of meat
Member 5124, 2997 posts
SQ 245, BP 130, DL 275
650.0 kgs @ 105kgs UnEq
I was there all day and watched it, and Ed was head and shoulders above the rest.

Obviously a few guys pulled out pre which I believe was Misha, Lalas and Wildauer. However a few of the other guys that competed seemed out of sorts in one way or another.

Radz looked to be struggling with a few things, the pressing especially... Although I think he knew he wasn't going to catch Ed so did enough to place second. I think the log caught a few of the guys out, so not sure if it was an issue with the equipment? Would love for Bish to post up his thoughts.

All the guys stayed till the end to meet and greet the fans, which was a great touch. The queue for Ed was huge too. I have to say, they was all class acts too, especially as it was post comp and they was all shattered. I had a good chat with Ed and what a top chap he is, stand up guy.

All in all a good day, and all the athletes put on a good show.
jclarkIcon...20-01-2015 @ 11:58 
Member 4422, 101 posts
the logs were just brand new so with the fresh paint were quite slippy which I think caught some of us out. I made the rookie error of not chalking the handles before I started but you live and learn! All a learning experience Happy

© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions