REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 1 member and 187 guests

found this quite interesting that a pro bodybuilder totaled 1000kg

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

StetecIcon...16-04-2011 @ 13:37 
Thing thinks he can decide what goes here. He cant
Member 354, 1452 posts
Its like anything really, strongman or bodybuilder, if you lift enough metal enough times you'll get stronger. Some bodybuilders are stronger than others just like strongmen. At least body builders have the honesty to call themselves bodybuilders rather than bodybuilt. Unlike strongmen who are just strongmen not getting stronger men! Awaits the flaming...
IainKendrickIcon...16-04-2011 @ 14:04 
some nice relaxing jazz.
Member 77, 12599 posts
SQ 265, BP 165, DL 280
710.0 kgs @ 93kgs UnEq
Stetec said: At least body builders have the honesty to call themselves bodybuilders rather than bodybuilt. Unlike strongmen who are just strongmen not getting stronger men! Awaits the flaming...

If it made sense I am sure someone would have 'flamed' away

Tongue
dr_hazbunIcon...16-04-2011 @ 14:06 
tabbouleh and fattoush salads were very refreshing
Member 267, 8548 posts
SQ 220, BP 165, DL 250
635.0 kgs @ 90kgs Eq
I don't think anyone is doubting that proper bodybuilers are strong mofos. When I'm up North, I occasionally train at Maxmuscle where some of the country's top bodybuilders train. This place is properly kitted out, but it's a bit of a steroid den. You hear drug cycles discussed openly in between sets.

But the one thing that always amazes me is that these guys are HUGE and STRONG. They are married to their sport. They also don't use any of the mechanical advantage trickery powerlifters use to muscle up more weight. I'm talking flat back benching, no arch, no tucking, max ROM. And they're repping 4 plates a side this way. If it doesn't stimulate the muscle in question they don't do it. Bench prssing is regarded as a pectoral exercise rather than an upper body exercise. It's a very different training philosophy. Take the squat; yes, they may not squat ass to grass but they're doing 5-6 plates a side for reps with a narrow stance, bar high up on the traps beltless or with just one of them thin flimsy Weider style belts. And that's after pre-exhausting their thighs with dozens of leg extensions.

The serious guys are very strong.
StetecIcon...16-04-2011 @ 14:09 
Thing thinks he can decide what goes here. He cant
Member 354, 1452 posts
IainKendrick said:
If it made sense I am sure someone would have 'flamed' away
Tongue

Yeah, its often only me who knows what I mean Grin
SimeonIcon...16-04-2011 @ 15:01 
tight in the hole
Member 2057, 3121 posts
SQ 205, BP 140, DL 260
605.0 kgs @ 95kgs UnEq
dr_hazbun said:I don't think anyone is doubting that proper bodybuilers are strong mofos. When I'm up North, I occasionally train at Maxmuscle where some of the country's top bodybuilders train. This place is properly kitted out, but it's a bit of a steroid den. You hear drug cycles discussed openly in between sets.

But the one thing that always amazes me is that these guys are HUGE and STRONG. They are married to their sport. They also don't use any of the mechanical advantage trickery powerlifters use to muscle up more weight. I'm talking flat back benching, no arch, no tucking, max ROM. And they're repping 4 plates a side this way. If it doesn't stimulate the muscle in question they don't do it. Bench prssing is regarded as a pectoral exercise rather than an upper body exercise. It's a very different training philosophy. Take the squat; yes, they may not squat ass to grass but they're doing 5-6 plates a side for reps with a narrow stance, bar high up on the traps beltless or with just one of them thin flimsy Weider style belts. And that's after pre-exhausting their thighs with dozens of leg extensions.

The serious guys are very strong.

Yeah there's a bodybuilder at my gym that can bench 220. Another guy did 140x10 whilst he was at work - no warm up, just sat down on the bench and busted them out for a laugh.

© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions