You are here: HomeForumGeneral Bullshitderek poundstone

derek poundstone

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

brocerslrd said:
I suppose pulling from 18" at under 6ft is much easier

Yeah, even drew can pull 350+ that way Happy
andy_shaw
WILLSAN said:
so Z who came 2nd at last years wsm is past it, but poundstone who came 5th and nowhere near Z points wise will at least make the podium? crazy talk!

you have got a point, guess ive jst got a hard on for poundstone. Big z does seem to have lost the footspeed that he defintly had in previous years.He has still got unreal static strength but watching him struggle with that timber frame at the arnold and then lose when he was 2 and a half points clear just got me thinking
shortandmighty
brocerslrd said:Height on stones is a fair one Martin but i'm not sure arm over arm has that much height involved. I know the arguement about levers but i think this at times just doesn't carry over. There are supposed events that favour tall guys but shorter guys seem to do aswell as anyone

I disagree with you having done arm over arm against taller guys, using the same technique the taller guy will win because they have a longer pull so the weight travels a further distance for the same effort.
shortandmighty said:
I disagree with you having done arm over arm against taller guys, using the same technique the taller guy will win because they have a longer pull so the weight travels a further distance for the same effort.

I do see the logic and science behind but looking at it in the past Pudz wasn't the tallest guy out there but seemed to do very well at it. Although at opens most guys will be 6ft plus so maybe it's less of an issue at opens than lighter weight cats?
shortandmighty
brocerslrd said:
I do see the logic and science behind but looking at it in the past Pudz wasn't the tallest guy out there but seemed to do very well at it. Although at opens most guys will be 6ft plus so maybe it's less of an issue at opens than lighter weight cats?

The difference I think was that in his day Mariusz was fitter and quicker than almost every one else at the time. In the comps most of us enter where the majority of guys are a similar level small things like height difference make a big difference. The best example I think is Stones over yoke, shorter people like myself have to have perfect form and take the stone up to chin height where someone 6'+ can get away with less tech because the stone needs can be lower on the body.
I don't think Poundcake will be top 5, let alone have a chance of a win. Big Z, Shaw and Jenkins will need serious off days not to be top 3 come WSM this year. Even then you've got Terry, Loz, Misha and Ort who are better / on par (IMO) with Poundnote. Lalas? Katona? Stefan Solvi? It's getting stronger every year right now.
martinb said:
Did you see shaw do arm over arm at the 2010 wsm? It was ridiculous
Though I do know a shorty who is good at it, if you are 6 ft 8, I think you have a bit of an advantage

i'll prove to you one day that us sub 6 footers as good at arm over arm Wink
Thing said:
i'll prove to you one day that us sub 6 footers as good at arm over arm Wink

I will look forward to it Happy
martinb said:
I will look forward to it Happy

me too when you look in awe

You are here: HomeForumGeneral Bullshitderek poundstone
Return to top View Desktop Site