REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 1 member and 69 guests
Powerlifting Advertising. Strongman Advertising.
You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitWSM 2021

WSM 2021

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

12345678910 ... ... 1920212223242526272829

MikenetoIcon...20-06-2021 @ 08:26 
End of an era.
Member 4646, 1953 posts
I have a feeling Maxime will hit a big log...he seems crazy, crazy people don't feel fatigue...adrenaline is their fuel.
lukiIcon...20-06-2021 @ 08:41 
Avatar
Avatar
Member 5517, 1375 posts
SQ 160, BP 165, DL 201
526.0 kgs @ 110kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 20.06.2021 @ 09:43 AM by luki
The 4 points for joint forth on keg really made it a race for 3rd.

If they did the same deadlift/squat as in heats we'd have Caron 11 lifts (10points), Thompson/Bishop 9 lifts (8.5 pts), Shaw/Tom/Trey/Janashia joint 8 lifts (6pts), Eythor 7 lifts (3pts), then Maxime/Luke 6 lifts (1.5pts).

Luke going to have to push Stones and Log very hard to come 3rd now. Eythor did 6 log reps in Hixxys group last WSM to beat Caron and Thompson. Could cost some points for the Canadians. Also a natural stone record holder looking strong on stones in heats. I think he could be 4th on stones after Tom, Shaw and Luke.

Facebook live stuff
GIANTS Meadley.
Shaw bounced the implement front off the ground in pickup. Managed to keep going, without a stop. I think most would have dropped.
Luke and Tom went head to head. Luke dropped early at finish. Lost balance. Tom overtook while he lifted over line. Luke was winning and maybe would have been 17secs but for early release.
Bit of a funny meadley without front carry IMHO.

Turntable
Brice was discussing using back straight with extended arms at the start of the push vs putting shoulders into the post. Tom, Janashia had the mobility to do arms out front and got it moving fastest.
A lot of guys have to bend arms to push. According to Licis this causes shoulder pump. So the bent arm guys will shoulder and transition to arms out. However, the turntable slows during the arm switch and just brutal to get moving again.

Keg Toss
Shaw wanted to do 8.5m, but settled for 7.75m WR.
NimbleIcon...20-06-2021 @ 08:49 
Avatar
woefully weak
Member 4748, 1370 posts
SQ 157, BP 133, DL 260
550.0 kgs @ 104kgs UnEq
Think JF is out injured though? So itís between Konstantine, Maxime and Luke for that third spot.
NimbleIcon...20-06-2021 @ 09:18 
Avatar
woefully weak
Member 4748, 1370 posts
SQ 157, BP 133, DL 260
550.0 kgs @ 104kgs UnEq
Also Eythor maybe with a bicep issue or something.
LessThanLukeIcon...20-06-2021 @ 13:07 
Avatar
his poor male ego must be crushed
Member 883, 6240 posts
SQ 290, BP 180, DL 420
890.0 kgs @ 105kgs UnEq
luki said:The 4 points for joint forth on keg really made it a race for 3rd.

If they did the same deadlift/squat as in heats we'd have Caron 11 lifts (10points), Thompson/Bishop 9 lifts (8.5 pts), Shaw/Tom/Trey/Janashia joint 8 lifts (6pts), Eythor 7 lifts (3pts), then Maxime/Luke 6 lifts (1.5pts).

Luke going to have to push Stones and Log very hard to come 3rd now. Eythor did 6 log reps in Hixxys group last WSM to beat Caron and Thompson. Could cost some points for the Canadians. Also a natural stone record holder looking strong on stones in heats. I think he could be 4th on stones after Tom, Shaw and Luke.

Facebook live stuff
GIANTS Meadley.
Shaw bounced the implement front off the ground in pickup. Managed to keep going, without a stop. I think most would have dropped.
Luke and Tom went head to head. Luke dropped early at finish. Lost balance. Tom overtook while he lifted over line. Luke was winning and maybe would have been 17secs but for early release.
Bit of a funny meadley without front carry IMHO.

Turntable
Brice was discussing using back straight with extended arms at the start of the push vs putting shoulders into the post. Tom, Janashia had the mobility to do arms out front and got it moving fastest.
A lot of guys have to bend arms to push. According to Licis this causes shoulder pump. So the bent arm guys will shoulder and transition to arms out. However, the turntable slows during the arm switch and just brutal to get moving again.

Keg Toss
Shaw wanted to do 8.5m, but settled for 7.75m WR.

Maxime had squat in the heats. His deadlift is very poor. He'll come last on that event.
LessThanLukeIcon...20-06-2021 @ 13:07 
Avatar
his poor male ego must be crushed
Member 883, 6240 posts
SQ 290, BP 180, DL 420
890.0 kgs @ 105kgs UnEq
luki said:The 4 points for joint forth on keg really made it a race for 3rd.

If they did the same deadlift/squat as in heats we'd have Caron 11 lifts (10points), Thompson/Bishop 9 lifts (8.5 pts), Shaw/Tom/Trey/Janashia joint 8 lifts (6pts), Eythor 7 lifts (3pts), then Maxime/Luke 6 lifts (1.5pts).

Luke going to have to push Stones and Log very hard to come 3rd now. Eythor did 6 log reps in Hixxys group last WSM to beat Caron and Thompson. Could cost some points for the Canadians. Also a natural stone record holder looking strong on stones in heats. I think he could be 4th on stones after Tom, Shaw and Luke.

Facebook live stuff
GIANTS Meadley.
Shaw bounced the implement front off the ground in pickup. Managed to keep going, without a stop. I think most would have dropped.
Luke and Tom went head to head. Luke dropped early at finish. Lost balance. Tom overtook while he lifted over line. Luke was winning and maybe would have been 17secs but for early release.
Bit of a funny meadley without front carry IMHO.

Turntable
Brice was discussing using back straight with extended arms at the start of the push vs putting shoulders into the post. Tom, Janashia had the mobility to do arms out front and got it moving fastest.
A lot of guys have to bend arms to push. According to Licis this causes shoulder pump. So the bent arm guys will shoulder and transition to arms out. However, the turntable slows during the arm switch and just brutal to get moving again.

Keg Toss
Shaw wanted to do 8.5m, but settled for 7.75m WR.

Maxime had squat in the heats. His deadlift is very poor. He'll come last on that event.
LessThanLukeIcon...20-06-2021 @ 13:07 
Avatar
his poor male ego must be crushed
Member 883, 6240 posts
SQ 290, BP 180, DL 420
890.0 kgs @ 105kgs UnEq
luki said:The 4 points for joint forth on keg really made it a race for 3rd.

If they did the same deadlift/squat as in heats we'd have Caron 11 lifts (10points), Thompson/Bishop 9 lifts (8.5 pts), Shaw/Tom/Trey/Janashia joint 8 lifts (6pts), Eythor 7 lifts (3pts), then Maxime/Luke 6 lifts (1.5pts).

Luke going to have to push Stones and Log very hard to come 3rd now. Eythor did 6 log reps in Hixxys group last WSM to beat Caron and Thompson. Could cost some points for the Canadians. Also a natural stone record holder looking strong on stones in heats. I think he could be 4th on stones after Tom, Shaw and Luke.

Facebook live stuff
GIANTS Meadley.
Shaw bounced the implement front off the ground in pickup. Managed to keep going, without a stop. I think most would have dropped.
Luke and Tom went head to head. Luke dropped early at finish. Lost balance. Tom overtook while he lifted over line. Luke was winning and maybe would have been 17secs but for early release.
Bit of a funny meadley without front carry IMHO.

Turntable
Brice was discussing using back straight with extended arms at the start of the push vs putting shoulders into the post. Tom, Janashia had the mobility to do arms out front and got it moving fastest.
A lot of guys have to bend arms to push. According to Licis this causes shoulder pump. So the bent arm guys will shoulder and transition to arms out. However, the turntable slows during the arm switch and just brutal to get moving again.

Keg Toss
Shaw wanted to do 8.5m, but settled for 7.75m WR.

Maxime had squat in the heats. His deadlift is very poor. He'll come last on that event.
lukiIcon...20-06-2021 @ 13:54 
Avatar
Avatar
Member 5517, 1375 posts
SQ 160, BP 165, DL 201
526.0 kgs @ 110kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 20.06.2021 @ 14:19 PM by luki
LessThanLuke said:
Maxime had squat in the heats. His deadlift is very poor. He'll come last on that event.

You could be right. I think heat is good indicator for fitness all the same. It's a light silver dollar setup, not max. Will suit weaker deadlifters. Maybe bad for carron with injury to have reps, not a single lift.
LessThanLukeIcon...20-06-2021 @ 14:42 
Avatar
his poor male ego must be crushed
Member 883, 6240 posts
SQ 290, BP 180, DL 420
890.0 kgs @ 105kgs UnEq
luki said:
You could be right. I think heat is good indicator for fitness all the same. It's a light silver dollar setup, not max. Will suit weaker deadlifters. Maybe bad for carron with injury to have reps, not a single lift.

Fitness isn't really a factor I don't think. Maximes max is about 40kg less than everyone else on deads.
PeteHodgsonIcon...20-06-2021 @ 16:55 
Avatar
Has little understanding of the sugden
Member 677, 11248 posts
SQ 165, BP 125, DL 220
510.0 kgs @ 80kgs UnEq
Surprised Bish failed a 170 log by the looks of it.
JCarter123Icon...20-06-2021 @ 17:11 
Avatar
Member 3757, 1743 posts
SQ 202.5, BP 110, DL 255
567.5 kgs @ 82kgs UnEq
Tom missed 195 and shaw plus 5-6 others have hit that number so gonna drop some points here.
NimbleIcon...20-06-2021 @ 17:14 
Avatar
woefully weak
Member 4748, 1370 posts
SQ 157, BP 133, DL 260
550.0 kgs @ 104kgs UnEq
PeteHodgson said:Surprised Bish failed a 170 log by the looks of it.


Hit 170, failed 185
Wayne_CowdreyIcon...20-06-2021 @ 17:25 
Avatar
Has little understanding of the sport
Member 400, 21050 posts
What do the asterisks mean?
NimbleIcon...20-06-2021 @ 17:25 
Avatar
woefully weak
Member 4748, 1370 posts
SQ 157, BP 133, DL 260
550.0 kgs @ 104kgs UnEq
Wayne_Cowdrey said:What do the asterisks mean?


Thatís the highest weight they reached and theyíre finished
BoarIcon...20-06-2021 @ 17:26 
Avatar
Walk your talk
Member 5, 25489 posts
Administrator
I'm late to the party , what is the most likley podium ?

12345678910 ... ... 1920212223242526272829

You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitWSM 2021
© Sugden Barbell 2021 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions - Website by Devto