REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 1 member and 272 guests
You are here: HomeForumNutritionStronglift diet,

Stronglift diet,

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

MatspenceIconStronglift diet,24-07-2010 @ 10:10 
Member 1391, 693 posts
Right iv been doind some ridding round and iv found a few ideas for my diet, I found both of the stronglift site,

Example Diet. Forget about portion size and calories. Just eat your stomach full. You won’t get fat eating healthy foods. Especially not if you exercise and with all the veggies. Example diet using the above 8 nutrition rules:

Breakfast: eggs with veggies, orange, green tea
Snack: mixed nuts, pear
Lunch: tuna, roman lettuce, olives, olive oil
Snack: cottage cheese with apple
Post workout: ground round, quinoa, spinach, banana
Dinner: chicken, spinach, baby carrots, peer
Pre-bed snack: cottage cheese, berries, ground flax seeds, fish oil

Example Meal Plan: No Carbs Days. Usually Monday to Friday. Eat protein & fat only, avoid carbs. For inspiration, read the Anabolic Diet food list.

Breakfast. Whole eggs, bacon, spinach.
Snack. Italian or french cheese.
Lunch. Ground round, broccoli, olive oil.
Snack. Italian or Spanish ham.
Post Workout. Whey, olive oil.
Dinner. Mackerel, salad, olive oil, cheese cubes.
Pre Bed. French cheese, ground flax seeds, fish oil.

Example Meal Plan: Carbs Days. Usually Saturday & Sunday. Best is to avoid training on these days since the high carb intake tends to cause tiredness.

Breakfast. Oats, raisins, milk.
Snack. Lots of fruit.
Lunch. Chicken breast, quinoa, spinach.
Snack. Lots of fruit.
Dinner. Whole grain pasta, tomato sauce, Parmesan cheese.
Pre Bed. Cottage cheese, berries, ground flax seeds, fish oil.

I eat pretty healthy at the mi and my fat is dropping without loosing size, I quite like the idea of the no carbs threw the week and then carba at the weekend (two days) anyone use this diet if so what you think and would you recomend it, Im stuck with my lifting and I think it's time to get thendiet sorted once and for all, I'm not taking anythin with the diet just a few multiple vits shakes and magnesium for
my astma,

Thanks against
( I know I can't spell so I don't need it pointing out lol)
siovrhylIcon...24-07-2010 @ 11:31 
Wales strongest man 2012
Member 548, 1197 posts
SQ 300, BP 195, DL 360
855.0 kgs @ 128kgs Eq
i think i'll leave this one i've become quite attached to my power belly,no carbs through the week i cant go more than a couple of hours without carbs never mind all week
Big_GrayIcon...24-07-2010 @ 12:46 
another lover of conans wheel
Member 1116, 2379 posts
SQ 275, BP 210, DL 330
815.0 kgs @ 134kgs UnEq
in my opinion that is pants and def not a diet for a strongman, that is a diet from flex or mens health or some s**t.

as i have said few times i have come over from a very successful competitive bodybuilding career so diet is well known to me.

no carb days and low carb then high is just gonna mess u bout. strongman training is extreme and your body needs to be well fuelled n muscles loaded up with glycogen.

if u eat fairly clean then u can munch through plenty of carbs fats n proteins everyday n stay in good shape n grow.

i put awat bout 5500 cals a day, weigh in at 20.4 stone and am ripped. the bulk of my food is carbs.

stop reading mags and s**t diets on the web and learn from your own body n concentrate on getting stronger. fuel yourself well n u will grow.
MatspenceIcon...24-07-2010 @ 13:38 
Member 1391, 693 posts
Big_Gray said:in my opinion that is pants and def not a diet for a strongman, that is a diet from flex or mens health or some s**t.

as i have said few times i have come over from a very successful competitive bodybuilding career so diet is well known to me.

no carb days and low carb then high is just gonna mess u bout. strongman training is extreme and your body needs to be well fuelled n muscles loaded up with glycogen.

if u eat fairly clean then u can munch through plenty of carbs fats n proteins everyday n stay in good shape n grow.

i put awat bout 5500 cals a day, weigh in at 20.4 stone and am ripped. the bulk of my food is carbs.

stop reading mags and s**t diets on the web and learn from your own body n concentrate on getting stronger. fuel yourself well n u will grow.

Thanku for your honnesty lol, I will stick to my old diet then clean eating but big with plenty of carbs then, I have been eating clean for the last month or so and have lost fat as I can start to seey ribs, only in the correct light lol but the fat is going, I will keep on with good carbs
thanks again
mat
PompyIcon...24-07-2010 @ 13:41 
My opinions have run their course
Member 694, 3112 posts
Exactly that's a bodybuilders diet and a poor one at that!
BigMaccaIcon...24-07-2010 @ 13:42 
understanding of the sport, little he has.
Member 798, 9941 posts
SQ 260, BP 150, DL 272.5
682.5 kgs @ 82.5kgs UnEq
Big_Gray said:in my opinion that is pants and def not a diet for a strongman, that is a diet from flex or mens health or some s**t.

+1

Don't understand all this no carb / low carb balls. If your training hard you need carbs!

A well balanced diet will see you go a long way IMHO.

Macca
Big_GrayIcon...24-07-2010 @ 18:37 
another lover of conans wheel
Member 1116, 2379 posts
SQ 275, BP 210, DL 330
815.0 kgs @ 134kgs UnEq
Matspence said:
Thanku for your honnesty lol, I will stick to my old diet then clean eating but big with plenty of carbs then, I have been eating clean for the last month or so and have lost fat as I can start to seey ribs, only in the correct light lol but the fat is going, I will keep on with good carbs
thanks again
mat

no probs mate.

try added a little more at a time. i ate f**k all when i first started, now i am a food monster.

maybe try extra meal a day or make portions bigger. one thing i do is add carbs to my water and juice and chug them down with meals. maltodextrin is cheap and a good carb source and cant really tell when in drinks.

never go hungry and dont stress bout bodyfat, if u want be strong a bit fat is good. throw some junk in here n there, weekends allways good.

all ways happy to help and some decent lads on here who know there stuff.
FAT_SAMIcon...25-07-2010 @ 01:04 
more like 'FAT TROLL'
Member 984, 6331 posts
SQ 420, BP 260, DL 335
1015.0 kgs @ 165kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 25.07.2010 @ 01:05 AM by FAT_SAM
No red meat? No carbs? That is gay. Looks like a weight watchers plan not a strongman diet, if i ate like that for a week i would struggle to bench 140.Grin
MatspenceIcon...25-07-2010 @ 21:25 
Member 1391, 693 posts
Big_Gray said:
no probs mate.
try added a little more at a time. i ate f**k all when i first started, now i am a food monster.
maybe try extra meal a day or make portions bigger. one thing i do is add carbs to my water and juice and chug them down with meals. maltodextrin is cheap and a good carb source and cant really tell when in drinks.
never go hungry and dont stress bout bodyfat, if u want be strong a bit fat is good. throw some junk in here n there, weekends allways good.
all ways happy to help and some decent lads on here who know there stuff.

Lol thanks alot, I have plenty to eat it just the right stuff I need to eat, but if a little bit of junk now and agin will help with my fats to build and repair the BRING IT ON lol, I eat about four five meals a day now, have snacks as meals not on top and I'm loosing fat but keeping at my weight, I now know I'm a easy gainer I put on weight sssooooo easy so I have to be carfull with what I eat, I did go silly with my diet and put on three stone in four month, my lifts went up big time and I felt better the day after a big lift, I now have my brother training with me, he is a bit of a monster slready 20.5 stone 6 foot 2 and his big three are 70 bp 110 dl and 100 squat, all 3 sets of 5 reps lol and o ly his second third training sesh, iv got a dealing he wil be pushing me very soon lol, anyways thanks again for all the top advice
mat
dan302Icon...26-07-2010 @ 10:21 
i shy away from hard work
Member 549, 2761 posts
SQ 250, BP 132.5, DL 282.5
665.0 kgs @ 120kgs UnEq
im dubious about a lot of the stuff on the stronglifts site, the guy that runs it seems to pick up on any new fad and write about how its the best thing ever, the guy himself is what most of us on this site would consider small, he started his own version of one of mark rippetoes programs which was no where near as good as the original.
MattGriffIcon...26-07-2010 @ 10:59 
Member 194, 3976 posts
Post Edited: 26.07.2010 @ 13:38 PM by MattGriff
Matspence said:Example Diet. Forget about portion size and calories. Just eat your stomach full. You won’t get fat eating healthy foods.

bo***cks, if you take in more than your use up even if it is in the gayest of boring foods ever you will get fat!
MatspenceIcon...26-07-2010 @ 11:25 
Member 1391, 693 posts
Iv always rated big, I rat four five meals a day pluss snacks, but to be honnest I don't need a hard gainers diet as I pu on weight so easy, I think if I stick to four main meals a day and have three snacks a day I will put on weight but clean weight (not as much fat) but my aim isn't to look as ripped as a body builder as I'm realistic iv no chance lol I will digger it out my diet is as follows at the mo

porage

Chilli and wraps rice
t will be whatever the mrs is cooking eg spag bol dinner etc,

shake before bed

snacks are apple slab of flapjack nuts and mullar rice,

other then this I kind eat the same things at work four days a week, my days of are pretty much the same with a day of my diet, I have chocolate bar and a shake before I train and maybe one after if I'm not eating strate after training, I'm 18 stone 3 at the mo but I'm not going to start my diet (above) as Im on my holiday in six weeks but after my hols i will be training for englands north quallus for next year, I will be adding some event videos on YouTube after my hols as well so I can get some feed back, I'm hoping I get top ten finish so I can improve etc, but the moor I push myself the bigger and stronger I will become well that's the theory anyways lol
LuuuuuukeyIcon...26-07-2010 @ 13:35 
Hill sprints are fun!
Member 731, 3253 posts
SQ 200, BP 127.5, DL 232.5
560.0 kgs @ 80kgs UnEq
Matspence said:I'm not taking anythin with the diet just a few multiple vits shakes and magnesium for
my astma,

How do vitamins and magnesium help with your asthma?

I'm asmatic too so just wondering!
SteveIcon...26-07-2010 @ 13:43 
nothing to hide, please follow my life on webcam
Member 255, 3732 posts
Can't make stronglifts site work at the moment, but this diet seems to be based directly on Mauro Di Pasquale's Anabolic Diet.

Mauro Di Pasquale is a medical doctor and former IPF World/World Games Champion

http://www.metabolicdiet.com/maurodipasquale.htm
MatspenceIcon...26-07-2010 @ 14:23 
Member 1391, 693 posts
Luuuuuukey said:
How do vitamins and magnesium help with your asthma?
I'm asmatic too so just wondering!

Magnesium omega3 and ginkgo all help with astma, google it like I did, it thins your blood help relax muscles Help with healthier lungs and less wezzing, iv been taking this for about three months now and I feel almost normal, it is not a cure it's just a proventative, google it it supprised me on what help combat astma,

You are here: HomeForumNutritionStronglift diet,
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions