Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitQuick question: have got bruises on my back from barbell squats...

Quick question: have got bruises on my back from barbell squats...

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

Nagamooto
I've noticed I've got some bruises on my back where the barbell rests from squatting. Is this common (or a sign the barbell is too high/low)?
My guess is that it is a sign that you bruise easily.
dr_hazbun
are you relatively new to squats? what weights are we talking here?
Nagamooto
I've been squatting for about 1 yr now. 125kgs (3 sets of 5 reps after warmups up to this weight)

I do bruise quite easily now that I think about it!
Namonster said:My guess is that it is a sign that you bruise easily.

like a peach?
I'm surprised you're getting this after a year.

When I started doing fronties recently I got marked initially, but it doesn't happen now.
JC said:
like a peach?

More or less.

As a typing, weight-lifting peach with a name, have you by any chance been in a Roald Dahl book? That could be your answer.
dr_hazbun
it might be a positional thing in that the bar rolls a bit producing petechiae over the course of a workout. Wouldn't worry too much about it. Try securing it more firmly in place. Bringing my hands in helps me in that regard. If you're that bothered about the bruises, try wearing a thick sweatshirt instead of a t-shirt. The extra thickness should stop the bruising.
Nagamooto
Post Edited: 23.03.2011 @ 17:05 PM by Nagamooto
Wayne_Cowdrey said:I'm surprised you're getting this after a year.

When I started doing fronties recently I got marked initially, but it doesn't happen now.

Could perhaps be partly to do with the fact that the weight has increased in steps from 50kg when I started to the now, 125kg over the past year, combined with being easily bruised...
Nagamooto said:
Could perhaps be partly to do with the fact that the weight has increased in steps from 50kg when I started to the now, 125kg over the past year, combined with beiung easily bruised...

But you're not denying you're a peach?
Namonster said:
But you're not denying you're a peach?

Nicholas Cage could eat a peach for hours!
Nagamooto
dr_hazbun said:it might be a positional thing in that the bar rolls a bit producing petechiae over the course of a workout. Wouldn't worry too much about it. Try securing it more firmly in place. Bringing my hands in helps me in that regard. If you're that bothered about the bruises, try wearing a thick sweatshirt instead of a t-shirt. The extra thickness should stop the bruising.

Thank you Dr.!

I'll try bringing my hands in a little and grip more firmly as I have only recently adopted a wider grip on the bar (and the bar may just be moving a bit too)!
JC said:
Nicholas Cage could eat a peach for hours!

Are you saying that Nagamotoo the Peach and Nicholas Cage are in some sort of s*xual relationship or are you referring to other talking peaches?
Villa_Ste
i have abit of skin in the middle of the back which always becomes red after squatting and i've been doing it for about 3 years now. the skin is like leather now! not 2 mention the marks i get on my back after benching which look like scratch marks which my girlfriend asked about once lol
Nagamooto
Namonster said:
Are you saying that Nagamotoo the Peach and Nicholas Cage are in some sort of s*xual relationship or are you referring to other talking peaches?

Wah? I'm struggling to understand the hidden meanings! No worries - please continue to amuse yourselves :-)

You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitQuick question: have got bruises on my back from barbell squats...
Return to top View Desktop Site