REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 2 members and 138 guests

Dipping Belts

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

1234

SuperSteel101IconDipping Belts05-08-2010 @ 14:37 
Avatar
over 1000 posts and still no tagline
Member 865, 1370 posts
SQ 200, BP 155, DL 250
605.0 kgs @ 80.6kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 05.08.2010 @ 14:37 PM by SuperSteel101
Hi all

I'm looking for some advice on a good dipping belt to get. The belt that I have broke today, the clip link literally snapped in half and all I had on it at the time was 30 kgs!!! (The people who sold me the belt, SS Health Foods, told me it could take whatever I could load on it!).

Does anyone have any suggestions for a good belt that can actually handle a lot of weight and where to get it?
martinbIcon...05-08-2010 @ 14:53 
Avatar
Grass fed
Member 1147, 7710 posts
SQ 220, BP 185, DL 272.5
677.5 kgs @ 113kgs UnEq
ironmind dipping belt, not cheap, get a loading pin too, certified to 1000lbs or something stupid, I've got one, great piece of kit

might be able to get one from buzz, or obviously their website
buzzIcon...05-08-2010 @ 15:02 
Avatar
Go ! go ! team strengthshop !!!
Member 18, 5295 posts
SQ 185, BP 130, DL 230
545.0 kgs @ 95kgs UnEq
How much did you pay for it if you don't mind me asking? I sell APT and Strength Shop ones. The suppliers (which will be pretty much same folk who supply SS Heath) are reluctant to give them a rating. I usually say up to 60kg is generally ok. If they said it can take whatever you load onto it, and it broke with 30kg, they should replace it. I would if you had bought it from me. But you didn't Happy
SuperSteel101Icon...05-08-2010 @ 15:13 
Avatar
over 1000 posts and still no tagline
Member 865, 1370 posts
SQ 200, BP 155, DL 250
605.0 kgs @ 80.6kgs UnEq
Cheers for the feedback guys.

Buzz it was this belt here ... http://www.sshealthfoods.com/pages.php?page=lt.fitnessgear&...

It's hilarious because the sales blurb below the pic actually says "This belt will hold as much as you can load up!".

The reason I never bought one from you origionally is because I assumed (and perhaps wrongly) that the leather one would be tougher than the nylon ones I seen on your site. I've been in touch with them and should hopefully get a refund, I don't know if this particular belt was a one off or not but it's really no use to me if it can't even take 30 kgs.

Are you able to source the iron mind belts that Martin mentioned at all? I'd be very interested in getting one if you can.
Col_AustinIcon...05-08-2010 @ 15:26 
99.8 340/220/335 895
Member 1002, 1560 posts
The IronMind belt is the best. I wouldn't waste your money on anything else.

http://ironmind-store.com/De-Rigueur-Dipping-Belt153/productin...

I wouldn't go for a loading pin though. These are far more versatile, portable and cheaper:

http://ironmind-store.com/Daisy-Chains-pair/productinfo/1220A/
buzzIcon...05-08-2010 @ 15:29 
Avatar
Go ! go ! team strengthshop !!!
Member 18, 5295 posts
SQ 185, BP 130, DL 230
545.0 kgs @ 95kgs UnEq
SuperSteel101 said:Cheers for the feedback guys.

Buzz it was this belt here ... http://www.sshealthfoods.com/pages.php?page=lt.fitnessgear&...

It's hilarious because the sales blurb below the pic actually says "This belt will hold as much as you can load up!".

The reason I never bought one from you origionally is because I assumed (and perhaps wrongly) that the leather one would be tougher than the nylon ones I seen on your site. I've been in touch with them and should hopefully get a refund, I don't know if this particular belt was a one off or not but it's really no use to me if it can't even take 30 kgs.

Are you able to source the iron mind belts that Martin mentioned at all? I'd be very interested in getting one if you can.


f**k, can't believe how cheap they are! But aye, generally I'd have thought leather more robust than the nylon ones I'd have thought too. The nylon ones are fairly flimsy to be honest, though I've never had anyone come back to me and say they'd broken one, so maybe I'm wrong.

Can get IM stuff no problem. My internet access is very limited at the mo, but if you let me know how much it is on the IM site I'll give you a price.
martinbIcon...05-08-2010 @ 15:36 
Avatar
Grass fed
Member 1147, 7710 posts
SQ 220, BP 185, DL 272.5
677.5 kgs @ 113kgs UnEq
Col_Austin said:The IronMind belt is the best. I wouldn't waste your money on anything else.

http://ironmind-store.com/De-Rigueur-Dipping-Belt153/productin...

I wouldn't go for a loading pin though. These are far more versatile, portable and cheaper:

http://ironmind-store.com/Daisy-Chains-pair/productinfo/1220A/...

yeah the loading pin is huge, I got randomly stopped by the police at waverly station on the way back from the gym, and it was in my bag, it took some explaining! Plus when you put plates on it its a little unwieldy.

think I'll need to get myself some of those daisy chains!
MrSmallIcon...05-08-2010 @ 15:39 
Gone and easily forgotten.......
Member 331, 22298 posts
SQ 185, BP 100, DL 230
515.0 kgs @ 85kgs UnEq
Its 60$, Brian, how much?
buzzIcon...05-08-2010 @ 15:42 
Avatar
Go ! go ! team strengthshop !!!
Member 18, 5295 posts
SQ 185, BP 130, DL 230
545.0 kgs @ 95kgs UnEq
MrSmall said:Its 60$, Brian, how much?


69
SuperSteel101Icon...05-08-2010 @ 15:45 
Avatar
over 1000 posts and still no tagline
Member 865, 1370 posts
SQ 200, BP 155, DL 250
605.0 kgs @ 80.6kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 05.08.2010 @ 15:45 PM by SuperSteel101
Col_Austin said:The IronMind belt is the best. I wouldn't waste your money on anything else.

http://ironmind-store.com/De-Rigueur-Dipping-Belt153/productin...

I wouldn't go for a loading pin though. These are far more versatile, portable and cheaper:

http://ironmind-store.com/Daisy-Chains-pair/productinfo/1220A/


Thanks for the advice Col, much appreciated.

Quick question, is the belt usable without the daisy chains (say for example using 60 kgs on it) or would it be a neccessity to get them along with it for the bigger weights?
SuperSteel101Icon...05-08-2010 @ 15:47 
Avatar
over 1000 posts and still no tagline
Member 865, 1370 posts
SQ 200, BP 155, DL 250
605.0 kgs @ 80.6kgs UnEq
buzz said:
69


Nice one, the Iron Mind belt seems to be the business, I may very well get one off of you. I shall be in touch via PM once I know for sure.
martinbIcon...05-08-2010 @ 15:55 
Avatar
Grass fed
Member 1147, 7710 posts
SQ 220, BP 185, DL 272.5
677.5 kgs @ 113kgs UnEq
SuperSteel101 said:
Thanks for the advice Col, much appreciated.
Quick question, is the belt usable without the daisy chains (say for example using 60 kgs on it) or would it be a neccessity to get them along with it for the bigger weights?


I would say get the daisy chains too, I have tried to put the belt through plates, its not the best, thats why I got the loading pin, but have just asked buzz to get me daisy chains
SuperSteel101Icon...05-08-2010 @ 16:06 
Avatar
over 1000 posts and still no tagline
Member 865, 1370 posts
SQ 200, BP 155, DL 250
605.0 kgs @ 80.6kgs UnEq
martinb said:
I would say get the daisy chains too, I have tried to put the belt through plates, its not the best, thats why I got the loading pin, but have just asked buzz to get me daisy chains


Thanks again for your help Martin.

Do you mind me asking what price he gave you for them?
JimXVXIcon...05-08-2010 @ 16:06 
Member 1462, 15 posts
Another vote for Ironmind here, although the belt I use is actually the pricier Super Squats version 'cos I do belt squats too.

The most I've had on it is 80kg but it's completely rock solid.
martinbIcon...05-08-2010 @ 16:20 
Avatar
Grass fed
Member 1147, 7710 posts
SQ 220, BP 185, DL 272.5
677.5 kgs @ 113kgs UnEq
SuperSteel101 said:
Thanks again for your help Martin.
Do you mind me asking what price he gave you for them?


haha, he didn't, I just PMd him and said get me them! I know Brian, I just tend to ask for stuff them pay whatever he says when I pick it up........perhaps I'm too trusting!

by the way, I've used this belt for squatting too, cut my thighs to ribbons, but I broke my wrist and couldn't afford the squat belt, had over 200kg on it, never felt like a single stitch would pop

1234

© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions