REGISTER
 

Arm-wrestling social media thread

123

SamthepigmanIcon...26-11-2020 @ 21:04 
Avatar
See You Next Tuesday
Member 2254, 3824 posts
SQ 240, BP 165, DL 300
705.0 kgs @ 89kgs UnEq
Mikeneto said:
Do you think it made you stronger?


Yeh 100%

I'm undefeated at front / side holds. I put that down to scaffolding. I spend literally, 6 hours a day, with my arms at face height holding scaffolding. Last time I did a front hold for time, I beat all the open weights, and the time before that I won the event with doubled the time of 2nd place Wink
MikenetoIcon...27-11-2020 @ 00:11 
End of an era.
Member 4646, 1964 posts
Samthepigman said:
Yeh 100%
I'm undefeated at front / side holds. I put that down to scaffolding. I spend literally, 6 hours a day, with my arms at face height holding scaffolding. Last time I did a front hold for time, I beat all the open weights, and the time before that I won the event with doubled the time of 2nd place Wink

Nice one, odd strength or farmboy strength is the best kind.

Now i think deadlift, squat, pressing records and strength is far higher than it was 100yrs ago. But do think guys doing hard manual labouring before machinery had better odd strength.

Like i think Louis Cyr would beat the current strongman crop in forward hold. I also think there would be loads with freak tier grip as well.
unit94Icon...27-11-2020 @ 08:14 
Avatar
what is everyone's fran time?
Member 3986, 10452 posts
SQ 340, BP 200, DL 400
940.0 kgs @ 129kgs Eq
Mikeneto said:
Nice one, odd strength or farmboy strength is the best kind.
Now i think deadlift, squat, pressing records and strength is far higher than it was 100yrs ago. But do think guys doing hard manual labouring before machinery had better odd strength.
Like i think Louis Cyr would beat the current strongman crop in forward hold. I also think there would be loads with freak tier grip as well.


Louis Cyr would never beat me at front hold! Set it up!
SamthepigmanIcon...27-11-2020 @ 08:33 
Avatar
See You Next Tuesday
Member 2254, 3824 posts
SQ 240, BP 165, DL 300
705.0 kgs @ 89kgs UnEq
unit94 said:
Louis Cyr would never beat me at front hold! Set it up!


I'll give it a go Happy
SamthepigmanIcon...27-11-2020 @ 10:10 
Avatar
See You Next Tuesday
Member 2254, 3824 posts
SQ 240, BP 165, DL 300
705.0 kgs @ 89kgs UnEq
I said:
unit94 said:
Louis Cyr would never beat me at front hold! Set it up!


I'll give it a go Happy


15kg plate out in front for time. Post your result here Wink
MikenetoIcon...27-11-2020 @ 11:28 
End of an era.
Member 4646, 1964 posts
Post Edited: 27.11.2020 @ 11:29 AM by Mikeneto
Larry vs Thor

MikenetoIcon...27-11-2020 @ 11:30 
End of an era.
Member 4646, 1964 posts
Eddie vs Lalas



I will find some good WAL comps at some point
billynomatesIcon...27-11-2020 @ 11:58 
Member 4923, 1795 posts
Samthepigman said:
15kg plate out in front for time. Post your result here Wink

This needs to happen live at some sort of virtual train station Happy
MikenetoIcon...27-11-2020 @ 16:12 
End of an era.
Member 4646, 1964 posts
Post Edited: 27.11.2020 @ 16:19 PM by Mikeneto
12 mins of heavy bicep curls....actually loads of amazing lifts you rarely see online

WILLSANIcon...27-11-2020 @ 16:22 
Avatar
Trump will get another four years
Member 126, 16708 posts
SQ 160, BP 110, DL 225
495.0 kgs @ 75kgs UnEq
Mikeneto said:12 mins of heavy bicep curls....actually loads of amazing lifts you rarely see online



I feel like I need to purchase an ez bar after watching that.
MikenetoIcon...27-11-2020 @ 17:50 
End of an era.
Member 4646, 1964 posts
WILLSAN said:
I feel like I need to purchase an ez bar after watching that.


Bicep curls are the new deadlift.
SamthepigmanIcon...28-11-2020 @ 18:22 
Avatar
See You Next Tuesday
Member 2254, 3824 posts
SQ 240, BP 165, DL 300
705.0 kgs @ 89kgs UnEq
I'm assuming Paul has gone into hiding after my challenge Wink
Wayne_CowdreyIcon...28-11-2020 @ 20:19 
Avatar
Still got a little bit of strength
Member 400, 22989 posts
WILLSAN said:
I feel like I need to purchase an ez bar after watching that.


I don't think I've ever known you to perform curls. Your bicep development is pretty decent. Better than mine.
Wayne_CowdreyIcon...28-11-2020 @ 20:21 
Avatar
Still got a little bit of strength
Member 400, 22989 posts
Sam, are you any good at grippers? I'm wondering if scaffolding strength carries over to that.
WILLSANIcon...28-11-2020 @ 20:41 
Avatar
Trump will get another four years
Member 126, 16708 posts
SQ 160, BP 110, DL 225
495.0 kgs @ 75kgs UnEq
Wayne_Cowdrey said:
I don't think I've ever known you to perform curls. Your bicep development is pretty decent. Better than mine.


as a teenager preacher curls with the ez bar was a staple but you could probably count the number of times I have done curls in the past 20 years on one hand.

I have always done a lot of chins and pull ups though.

123

© Sugden Barbell 2026 Privacy - Terms & Conditions