REGISTER
 

Adlington member in exile

1234

samIcon...03-07-2008 @ 00:24 
Avatar
Travelling hot nurse
Member 240, 75 posts
SQ 140, BP 107.5, DL 185
432.5 kgs @ 67.2kgs UnEq
Wednesday 02 JUL 08

Bench

barx10x2
60x5x2
102.5x3x3

112.5x1 - PB touch and go bench, an absolute grinder but my initial set-up wasn't the best.

Flys
8x10x3

Decline bench
60x10
80x10
90x6

Dips
20x8
25x6
20x6

Close grip bench
60x8
60x7
60x6
JoniIcon...03-07-2008 @ 08:18 
Avatar
left the country satisfied
Member 10, 19241 posts
SQ 240, BP 150, DL 270
660.0 kgs @ 107kgs UnEq
hey whats up, is that a 10kg pb?!?!?
samIcon...03-07-2008 @ 14:46 
Avatar
Travelling hot nurse
Member 240, 75 posts
SQ 140, BP 107.5, DL 185
432.5 kgs @ 67.2kgs UnEq
Fatpete said:
Gallavanting around the world for money is not good for training. f**k the army off and become a jockey. Tomorrow will do


Alas Pete, accepting the Queen's commission comes with responsibilities - namely the 7 years return of service I owe and can only realistically get out of by 1.) Failing medical school 2.) Becoming disabled and/or dying.

I think they play polo in the army - would that placate you? Tongue
samIcon...03-07-2008 @ 14:49 
Avatar
Travelling hot nurse
Member 240, 75 posts
SQ 140, BP 107.5, DL 185
432.5 kgs @ 67.2kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 03.07.2008 @ 14:50 PM by sam
Joni said:
hey whats up, is that a 10kg pb?!?!?


Hey Joni, unfortunately not. Bench is a bit of a funny one, performances are as follows:

February 08 - 110Kg paused, in the NW unequipped bench (weight 71.1Kg)
April 08 - 102.5Kg paused, in NW unquipped (weight 66.3)
May 08 - 102.5Kg paused, British unequipped bench (weight 66.5Kg or so)

Wednesday's effort of 112.5Kg was a 2.5Kg increase on my best touch-and-go bench (I weighed myself at 70.1Kg post work out).

I don't know how much of it is psychological to be honest, but it would seem that my bodyweight seems to play quite a considerable part in my bench.
FatpeteIcon...03-07-2008 @ 17:15 
Avatar
Hyper obese Pete
Member 70, 19417 posts
SQ 322.5, BP 205, DL 300
827.5 kgs @ 133kgs Eq
sam said:

I think they play polo in the army - would that placate you? Tongue


Not if you can't bet on it. I was looking for an income. I'd have seen you right though Sam, small blondes, chip butties, all could have been yours.
JoniIcon...03-07-2008 @ 17:57 
Avatar
left the country satisfied
Member 10, 19241 posts
SQ 240, BP 150, DL 270
660.0 kgs @ 107kgs UnEq
update your PBs in your profile mate Grin
samIcon...03-07-2008 @ 20:05 
Avatar
Travelling hot nurse
Member 240, 75 posts
SQ 140, BP 107.5, DL 185
432.5 kgs @ 67.2kgs UnEq
Thursday 03 JUL 08

Squats
barx10x2
60x5x2
100x3x1
110x3x1
120x3x2
Did these without wraps, but with a belt today. Felt good and probably could have pushed it a little further but I was on my own and thought better of it.

Power cleans
60x3
65x3
70x3
80xf
Psyched myself out of doing the 80.

Leg sled
120x10
160x10
200x10
samIcon...05-07-2008 @ 12:02 
Avatar
Travelling hot nurse
Member 240, 75 posts
SQ 140, BP 107.5, DL 185
432.5 kgs @ 67.2kgs UnEq
Friday 04 JUL 08

Press - first rep cleaned
barx6x2
50x3
55x3
60x3
65x1 - PB
70xf - closest I've ever been to completing a rep and then failing it - I think I'll post the video of it later!

60x3x3

And that was that, just a quick session.
samIcon...07-07-2008 @ 19:40 
Avatar
Travelling hot nurse
Member 240, 75 posts
SQ 140, BP 107.5, DL 185
432.5 kgs @ 67.2kgs UnEq
Monday 07 JUL 08

Deadlift

60x5x2
100x3x2
140x3x1
185xFAIL

155x3x5

One arm row
32.5x10x3

Lat pull downs
50x10x3

Stiff leg DL
60x8
65x8
70x8

A thoroughly disappointing session. I was absolutely devastated not to even get one rep on 185Kg - it came up slow and I failed to lock it out. I found it pretty hard psychologically to come back after that, although I did get some inspiration from an ex-lifter (Burt Owens, lifted during the 60s and 70s) and realised that I just had to put the failure behind me, and move on.
samIcon...09-07-2008 @ 22:12 
Avatar
Travelling hot nurse
Member 240, 75 posts
SQ 140, BP 107.5, DL 185
432.5 kgs @ 67.2kgs UnEq
Wednesday 09 JUL 08

Bench

barx10x2
60x5x1
70x3x1
102.5x3x3

110x1 - Paused, equal PB.

Flys
11x10x3

Incline bench
70x5
77.5x5
82.5x5

Decline bench
90x5x2
90x8x1

Dips
20x6
20x7
20x5

Push downs
40x10
55x10
70x7
40x11
samIcon...10-07-2008 @ 21:01 
Avatar
Travelling hot nurse
Member 240, 75 posts
SQ 140, BP 107.5, DL 185
432.5 kgs @ 67.2kgs UnEq
Thursday 10 JUL 08

Squats
barxlotsx3
60x5x2
100x3x1
115x3x1
120x3x1
125x3x1 - PB unequipped triple.

Cleans
60x5x4 (tiring!)

Leg press
160x10
190x10
200x10

Medicine ball crunches
6x25x3

Good session, Pete will be happy to hear I am starting to enjoy the squats again!
EDCLARKEIcon...10-07-2008 @ 21:19 
Avatar
not particularly well educated
Member 85, 11010 posts
SQ 170, BP 130, DL 260
560.0 kgs @ 90kgs UnEq
very nice benching and squatting !
FatpeteIcon...10-07-2008 @ 23:33 
Avatar
Hyper obese Pete
Member 70, 19417 posts
SQ 322.5, BP 205, DL 300
827.5 kgs @ 133kgs Eq
sam said:
Pete will be happy to hear I am starting to enjoy the squats again!



Pete is very happy
samIcon...12-07-2008 @ 15:16 
Avatar
Travelling hot nurse
Member 240, 75 posts
SQ 140, BP 107.5, DL 185
432.5 kgs @ 67.2kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 12.07.2008 @ 15:17 PM by sam
Saturday 12 JUL 08

Press, first rep cleaned
barx5x3
60x3
62.5x3 - PB
65x2 (failed 3!)
50x10
52.5x8


Upright row on machine
45x10
55x10
60x10
35x10

Hammer curls
12x10x3
samIcon...14-07-2008 @ 18:55 
Avatar
Travelling hot nurse
Member 240, 75 posts
SQ 140, BP 107.5, DL 185
432.5 kgs @ 67.2kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 20.07.2008 @ 23:34 PM by sam
Monday 14 JUL 08

Deadlifts
barxlots
70x6
120x5
160x3x3

130x3x3

Power shrugs
110x5x3

Bent over row
60x5x2
70x5x2

Stiff leg DL
60x5x2
70x5x2

Good mornings
60x5x3

1234

© Sugden Barbell 2026 Privacy - Terms & Conditions