REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 258 guests
You are here: HomeForumMartin_Jones → View All Posts

View All Posts: Martin_Jones

12345678910 ... ... 4546474849505152535455

» Wales' strongest man (Go to post)04-01-2010 @ 00:07 
Yes Richie is the promotor and I do know some unconfirmed information. I will speak to him in the week and ask him when he is planning on releasing the information.

What I know so far;

Venue has been arrange, Penarth Marina (just outside Cardiff. It will be held in May possibly the second week.
Events will be, as stated by Glenn Ross, must have Log lift, deadlift and stones. But to be honest it will be the standard events as mentioned plus maybe yoke, farmers and medley.

Again Richie will let everyone know in due course.

Hope this helps!!
» Operation 2010 !!! (Go to post)24-12-2009 @ 22:40 
My goals are to,

Win the Welsh
Make the final day of the UK's
Make the final's of the BSM (if it happens)

Small goals are,

Complete the set of stones in the Welsh in under 22seconds, including the 200kg so I can win my £20 bet.
360kg deadlift
320kg squat
175kg log
and get my piss poor grip up...

I have some work to do!!!!!!
» A Bit of Recent Training. (Go to post)23-12-2009 @ 09:16 
MarkClegg said:Thanks for watching guys Happy
There are a lot of good guys at under 105kg mate and alot of people trying to win just one place ! I`m o.k at some events and not so clever at others BUT i`ll keep trying thats for sure ..
There are a few really good 105ers that don`t really get involved with Forums so you`ll not hear about them till comp day .. Where as i`m an YouTube Warrior..
We`ll just see what happens Wink

This maybe the case Mark but you are certainly going in the right direction. All the best for next year.

Hopefully by the time you get few comps under your belt at the beginning of the season you will be flying.

If I was doing 105's I would be keeping a close eye on you.

Wink
» Tonights session in the snow (Go to post)22-12-2009 @ 22:37 
Post Edited: 22.12.2009 @ 22:38 PM by Martin_Jones
I like it when you checked before you started posing... just in case your missus saw, then quickly stop when she came in the kitchen, quality lol
» Winter Giants strongman competition (Go to post)13-12-2009 @ 22:46 
Good comp today well done Denny and Mark.

Great to catch up with the boys again. Just hope I get an invite next year Grin

I have uploaded some pics on facebook. Will try and get them on here in the week.
» Mariusz Pudzianowski MMA Debut Friday (Go to post)11-12-2009 @ 12:11 
Thing said:would agree but i think the guy he is fighting is just something for him to get started

What like a starter before the main course!! Grin

I think Pudz will win but only as this guy is probably a bum fighter, and look at the size difference.

Although Mariusz is fit and strong but will he have the endurance for fighting, I think he may be carrying a bit to much bulk.
» Winter Giants Comp (Go to post)10-12-2009 @ 13:10 
You can have a bowl of my chicken and rice carl, perhaps one day you will be as strong as me Wink
» Winter Giants Comp (Go to post)10-12-2009 @ 12:40 
Carl said:wheres good to eat round your parts dan?? we are staying at the holiday inn, burnley

Does it matter Carl, you will eat anything Grin
» A Lot of Not Very Much ! (Go to post)08-12-2009 @ 19:59 
MarkClegg said:
Coming from you Martin that means alot - I know of your achievements Grin
Thank you very much mate .. Sometimes a man needs a boost and you`ve just give me a huge one Happy

LOL

No probs mate credit where credit is due!!!
» Which sport is king? (Go to post)08-12-2009 @ 16:04 
f**king brilliant Carl!!
» A Lot of Not Very Much ! (Go to post)08-12-2009 @ 16:00 
Just to say Mark I know I've never meet you but I see you have made huge progress already and it appears you will continue too.

Looking to be a big contender for next year mate. Well done and goodluck.
» Who's going to the Winter Giants comp? (Go to post)07-12-2009 @ 15:21 
jt said:mr+mrs jt

mr+mrs pikey dan

will be there

Jas, would it be possible to get some of your finest tacky. I will bring the money to the comp.

Thanks
» 5 Ball Stone Run (Go to post)07-12-2009 @ 15:15 
Tony said:Think 72" for a 100kg stone is bang on. Plenty of time for everyone to get some high platform stoning in.

I would also agree.

That run looks about right for these days.
» strongman events you would like to see (Go to post)04-12-2009 @ 15:15 
WILLSAN said:car deadlift. ive done a fair few comps but ive never come across it.

I've be lucky enough to have done both formats, for reps and consective vehicles. Both are very good in my book.. and looks great for the crowd.
» strongman events you would like to see (Go to post)04-12-2009 @ 15:12 
I would like to see stones, but consective stones loaded on a decending platform... like it used to be. Non of the stones over the yoke s**t.

12345678910 ... ... 4546474849505152535455

You are here: HomeForumMartin_Jones → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions