REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 265 guests
You are here: HomeForumMartin_Jones → View All Posts

View All Posts: Martin_Jones

12345678910 ... ... 4546474849505152535455

» Wales Most Powerful Man 2013 (Go to post)24-06-2013 @ 20:42 
bigdave30 said:i just want to be the man butt... so wouldnt mind knowing who iv gotta beat to be 'the man'
Happy

Nath that's easy. Beat everyone you come across in every comp you do and then you maybe the best!!! Happy
» Wales Most Powerful Man 2013 (Go to post)24-06-2013 @ 20:31 
Wales Strongest Man will always be the main title and is under the UKSC for the UK's. The organiser will change though like it has done in the past.

I'm sure that Mark has no intentions to compete with WSM. Wales Most Powerful is purely another comp for guys to compete on Welsh soil.
» Britain's Strongestman under 105 final (Go to post)24-06-2013 @ 19:10 
LessThanLuke said:
I fail to see how a continental clean is any less lazy as its exactly the same just on your gut instead of a belt.
This should be a good comp, cracking line up.

Higher pull for starters, and it's harder to keep it on your stomach so you need to clean the axle to the chest quicker.
» south wales first timers strongman challenge... (Go to post)24-06-2013 @ 19:06 
Post Edited: 24.06.2013 @ 19:08 PM by Martin_Jones
Gwyn_James said:Im in for this. Put my name down. Gwyn James

Isn't this for first timers Gwyn? ignore that just seen the front page.

Although I recognise a few names there that have been popping up on a few novices... this isn't the purpose of a novice comp.
» Britain's Strongestman under 105 final (Go to post)24-06-2013 @ 19:02 
Steadmark said:
You are right ant no belt cleans allowed

Beat me to it mate Happy
» Britain's Strongestman under 105 final (Go to post)24-06-2013 @ 19:02 
If Mark doesn't mind me saying - There will be NO belt cleans. Belt cleans are for the lazy and untrained. Learn how to continental it or if possible power clean. This is a national comp and guys are a very high standard. I would be very surprised if athletes can't clean an axle.
» Wales Most Powerful Man 2013 (Go to post)24-06-2013 @ 18:58 
RickF said:
I honestly think you would have got more faces if it had been called something different, I'm glad you had a good day, but I would have considered the drive if it had been a different title, the weights suited me and love being at comps with Martin cee mc'ing

Complete rubbish.. you would of come if you could be bothered more like. You really need to get over this title crap. You've been on the scene all of two minutes and are already trying to control things. Sounds like you've been spending a bit too much time talking to Glenn Ross.

As agreed by someone else, who I won't mention - that a good sounding title is great for present and future sponsorship of both athletes and the event itself. It looks like Wales Most Powerful Man is here to stay in South Wales so it looks like you'll have to get over yourself and be supportive for a change.
» Wales Most Powerful Man 2013 (Go to post)24-06-2013 @ 13:49 
Firstly well done to all the guys who competed yesterday and to the top three in all classes.

The numbers were down a bit and it would of been nice to see a few more compete, a few of the lads had a good reasons not to compete - such as work or injuries. I do think that some of the southern guys need to pull their fingers out and get theirs heads out of their arses (and the northern boys). These comps are put on for the attempted growth of the sport (which everyone bangs on about) so all the lads need to pull together and compete when its on your door step.

I think Mark did a great job with the event considering it was his first. The comp was a little stop/start but with limited helpers that's to be expected - saying that the comp only lasted 4hrs, which is pretty good considering.

Mark's next comp is the u105kg British and I will be their again to help Terry ref (hopefully minus his hangover)lol. This will have some great improvements and after lessons learned the British will be in good hands.

All the open and u90kg guys and local novices that have competed in these comps over the months its now time to put your hand up and offer your help to Mark for the British and help make it a huge success.

On a final note well done to Ant for his great performance on the day beating both u105's and opne competitors and will surely be looking to do the same at the British in 4weeks time. Also to my pain in the arse training partner for placing second and for deciding to compete in the Brits and the UK's.
» Britain's Strongestman under 105 final (Go to post)23-06-2013 @ 22:40 
This is hoting up to be a right corker!!!
» Wales Most Powerful Man 2013 (Go to post)14-06-2013 @ 14:03 
bigdave30 said:yes your not the first to say that 2 me mate.. i suffer quite bad after a comp mentally and physically..

thanks mart...

Hope you make the right decission mate. Nothing like hitting while the irons hot and all...
» Wales Most Powerful Man 2013 (Go to post)14-06-2013 @ 14:01 
owen_lewis said:ive spoke to mark he asked me if i would do the comp,i was going to do it but having looked at my shifts in work im nights thurs,fri and sat and i cant swap all those shifts with such short notice,and i dont fancy doing a comp on sunday after nights saturday.
ive explained to mark i would have done it otherwise
im suprised that not many people are doing it with so much interest to start
hope it turns out to be a good day

Thats a shame mate. Working nights and doing a comp is a bit too far. But no excuses for the rest of the lads... on their door step!! and to be honest the guys who never made the effort to show at the Welsh should be doing this...
» Wales Most Powerful Man 2013 (Go to post)13-06-2013 @ 15:02 
bigdave30 said:well im going to the uk's, maybe struggling to compete in this because my body still hasnt got over the welsh... (we'l see closer to the date...) so il just have a chat with them on the day, iv got sponsorship that covers petrol and accomadation but looking for a supplement company now.

Nathan sometime you have to compete for the future. I also believe that you should get used to competing regularly as you could improve your recovery and conditioning.

And congratulations on your qualification.
» Wales Most Powerful Man 2013 (Go to post)13-06-2013 @ 13:38 
Steadmark said:Hi just to let everyone know the owner of Pro Supplements UK will be there on the day of the comp and is looking to sponsor two athletes with full supplements for the year and will be looking to cover the cost for the sponsored athletes to travel to comps (I.E UK's and Brit's) still got room for 105's and open competitors if anyone is interested.
Thanks Mark

This is aimed at the guys who are not competing and the ones who are going to the UK's. This is an opportunity to show case your skills and help in your goals to achieve big things for the coming years.

The best way to achieve sponsorship is by winning a comp or at least placing top 3. Some of you who are invited to the UK's should at least be competing in this as to put yourself in a far better financial status. It is very difficult to get sponsorship and companies want guys and girls that will bring success, so what better than winning a comp that they have been invited to.

This comp is not the heaviest and should be a easy run in for most... jesus even I think I could do well!! This will also help in preparation for the remaining season.

Think about it guys this is your chance!!!
» Wales Strongest Man Under 90kg (Go to post)13-05-2013 @ 00:17 
Well done great result.
» GIANTS LIVE BRITISH OPEN (Go to post)09-05-2013 @ 17:09 
Benvie said:
Didn't they have a specific giants live qualifier a few months back in wales for this and for euros?

Oh I see that was the official qualifier. Cool no worries just wondering as the Scots and Norway have their winner competing.

12345678910 ... ... 4546474849505152535455

You are here: HomeForumMartin_Jones → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions