REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 1 member and 235 guests
You are here: HomeForumMartin_Jones → View All Posts

View All Posts: Martin_Jones

12345678910 ... 11 ... 4546474849505152535455

» dealing with the headfuck of losing BW. (Go to post)21-05-2012 @ 13:38 
JC said:
Until my season "off" I used to think that PEDs (and Tren in particular) had a HUGE effect on my temper....I think it was an easy avenue of blame for both me/my Mrs when I would lose my rag and do some stupid things
Now, I'm not at all sure thats the case. I think I'm just a bad tempered t**t, and thats the way I am. I think the PEDs might exasperate this personality trait a little, but my experiences have told me that you are what you are, and PEDs or no PEDs, behavior will be pretty much the same

Spot on... this is me all over. I have a very short temper and have been known to lash out at people, but this was in my early years of taking gear. Now I feel I am a lot more controlled. Probably due to my maturity and understanding my personal anger better.
» Life is like a box of Chocolates (Go to post)17-05-2012 @ 17:38 
JC said:
Thanks Martin. Last year was a very tough year, but getting back to the levels of previous years now. Hope you're keeping well....no Welsh this year? No other competitive plans?

Its good to see you back at it. Hope this year goes well and the next will be better.

No Welsh mate. To busy studying... only two weeks left Happy To be honest I keep saying I'm retired but I'm really not sure... funny that!! I didn't think I would miss a year out. But I would still like to be competitive, but I really don't think my body would have any more to give.

Maybe next year, depending on the date of the Welsh.

Hope your years goes well mate.. maybe we will bump into each other at a comp.
» Life is like a box of Chocolates (Go to post)17-05-2012 @ 13:20 
Good work Mr JC... makes me want to train harder looking at this Happy
» Wales Strongest Man 2012 (Go to post)13-05-2012 @ 16:57 
A bit of an over reaction there, again!!!

Why are you bothering to lose your head on organising a comp. People will always have an "opinion" on how a comp is run, you just have to live with that. At least it proves there is passion in Wales.

The people that are having an opinion are not even competing. If you say that you have done everything above board... fine... make sure you are transparent and stand by your decission, intead of adding fuel to it all. You could of nipped this in the bud last night when you had the chance instead of kicking off.

Any way nothing to do with me but thought I should add my opinion on something I used to be a part of.
» Time for an u120kg weight class? (Go to post)11-05-2012 @ 14:49 
120kg class would suit my build better. I use to struggle with health chasing 130kg+ but that's just my build, it doesn't mean there should be a class to suit.... although if there are lower classes close together then why not.

In certian comps I used to struggle with being at a lighter body weight. The UK's are a prime example where if you where big and heavy it would suit. With other comps I was alot more competitive often beating guys with 20kg on my body weight.

So in short I agree with the class, try it!!!
» Strength Shop - new products and updates (Go to post)04-05-2012 @ 22:28 
buzz said:
Hi Martin, delivery is next working day. If it's ordered by 10am on Tuesday (Monday is holiday. We're working, but no pick ups from couriers) it'd go out that day for delivery on Wednesday (for example).

Thank you mate.

I'm pretty sure the owner on my gym will purchase it. Would I be able to pass your number to him so he can have a chat first?
» Strength Shop - new products and updates (Go to post)04-05-2012 @ 19:25 
Buzz, Can you tell me the estimated delivery time of the commercial power rack?

Thanks
» carbs after training? (Go to post)19-04-2012 @ 19:13 
richieallen said:that is basically what ive been doing. Ive lost around 2 stone so far. I was just a bit worried about my post WO eats. Nice to hear from you bud. Grin

Sounds like your doing the right thing. Hope your well though mate and enjoying fatherhood...
» carbs after training? (Go to post)19-04-2012 @ 16:07 
Richie if your doing cardio in the morning, do it on an empty stomach, but you will need some protein in the form of whey ideally.

After cardio have your first meal, protein carbs and fats.

Carry on with you planned meals with carbs, ensuring that you weigh your carbs.

Ideally have your last meal around 1hour before you train.

When training I have recently been playing with consuming amino acids and it has improved my recovery, also you will need to consume aminos if you plan to do cardio after weights.

After training you should have a good post workout recovery drink of some sort to replemish stocks, both carbs and protein... but simple carbs.

Then don't consume any carbs during your evening meals, just protein and veg....

Once you have settled in your weight you need to adjust your carbs in the day.. hence the weighig - or do more cardio!!!

I've been doing this now for 5 weeks and have lost a stone in weight and plan to keep going until leaner.

It's really simple... nothing to think about.
» Log cleans (Go to post)19-04-2012 @ 11:28 
Post Edited: 19.04.2012 @ 11:30 AM by Martin_Jones
Thing said:try this Sam

when you have lapped the log and are still in the squatted posistion have the handles so there parrallel to the ground and pull the log on to the top of your belly then pull the log tight in to your lower chest and upper belly.
from there squat the f**ker up and push your hips through and roll the log on to your chest.

Just to add, which I believe is hee most important part which people forget is - once the log is in the squat position as mentioned above, I would not have the handles parallel to the floor, but angled forward, just enough to ensure your forearms are touching the log. That way the log has a small force to keep a rotation as you push your hips through.

Look at the videos and see the forearm placement. You can see the speed of the rotation that Warrick gets at the top....

Plenty of chalk and the use of a belt will help too.
» Life is like a box of Chocolates (Go to post)16-04-2012 @ 13:14 
Well done JC on your placing. Must be great to be competive again. Goodluck in the finals.
» An Old Nemesis... A difficult Log for Reps (Go to post)16-04-2012 @ 13:11 
Rob_Bush said:
Thanks Martin. Much appreciated. Am much much fitter now and 3 stone lighter than I was at my heaviest. Now 20st 7lbs and still cutting body fat as I feel better in myself and am still getting stronger, faster, more explosive and much fitter. I too am a firm believer in log for full reps as a fantastic form of cardio and have been implicating the exercise whenever event training occurs. My next goal will be 10 reps on 120 then up to 130 for as many as I can!!! Other events are improving and even 3 stone lighter the Welsh 440 Yoke for this year's comp is moving very well. Onwards and upwards... May even be 105 in a year!!! Grin

Wow 20st 7lbs.... Thats a great loss. Keep up the good work. I'm glad you have come to your senses to bring a leaner more athletic shape.. it's what top strongman are all about, fast explosive and strong. Glad I'm out of it this year... you'll be kicking my arse lol
» An Old Nemesis... A difficult Log for Reps (Go to post)16-04-2012 @ 10:43 
Wow didnt think that thing was still there... I only got about 3 reps I think in that comp... I'd probably get about one now, how things have changedUnhappy

Your fitness has improved a fair bit then. The log is a superb way of building fitness... Looking a fair bit lighter too....

You must be able to rep comfortably now with 130kg - 140kg??
» 2012 Wales' Strongest Man Under 105kgs (Go to post)26-03-2012 @ 19:07 
owen_lewis said:
cheers martin,like i said i had a few good events and a few bad,but as you know its about being consistent through out.i expected to do s**t on the over head medley,thought i would have done better on the conans i done two and a half turns and hit the wall,i dont know if i go to fast, some boys looked to struggle on the first lap and go on to do 3 laps all fairness to them and the stones i was gutted with as i explained,i done the first stone in one attempt after the pissing comp finished.im not finished with strongman yet mate,i was doubting myself yesterday,but looking back it wasn't all bad.not sure what comp is next for me,gona take it easy for a bit tho and see what happens

Fair play mate, you did well. We all know how good you are but you are just rusty. It would be good to see you back at your best, challenging for the Brits and the UK titles. Maybe look at the expo open class, that might help you motivate for your training. All the best mate.
» Lewis's strength training log (Go to post)25-03-2012 @ 21:40 
Lewisg said:
Much appreciated Martin. If only I pressed the block and done the others It might of been different. Oh well back to training!

Unfortuntely that's the way it is, a load of what if's....

When you nail it you will notice, you are punching above your weight so you can give yourself some credit.

I'm sure you will improve everything over time.

12345678910 ... 11 ... 4546474849505152535455

You are here: HomeForumMartin_Jones → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions