REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 262 guests
You are here: HomeForumMartin_Jones → View All Posts

View All Posts: Martin_Jones

12345678910 ... ... 4546474849505152535455

» my battle with 300kg j (Go to post)07-01-2013 @ 22:13 
scorpian said:thanks again guys i cant wait martin to train with yourself iv heard a lot of good things will u be competing this year??

Ha Ha there not all good things mate Happy

I spoke with Lewis earlier and he mentioned training down with you guys on Sunday. Will it be ok to join in?
» my battle with 300kg j (Go to post)07-01-2013 @ 15:22 
JC said:I'm sorry, but if one of the more popular members of the forum had put that up after a few months training it would be all "300...Bosh! awesome perseverance and grit to nail that lift" etc

The majority of the SM on here I've seen hitch a DL or two in training, thats for sure

Thats true JC.... but the only hitching I would do is to the gym.
» my battle with 300kg j (Go to post)07-01-2013 @ 13:05 
Rodger said:
Surely it makes the pull easier though?

The only reason it will seem like the pull is easier fromt he floor, is the fact that you have extended your reach by allowing your shoulders to roll forward.

If your shoulders are rolled and not locked from the floor you will find it very difficult to lock out. A strong upper back will support you for a bigger dead.

People who have weak lockouts tend to be naturally strong and under train there upper back. Plenty of upper back exercises will help along with strict partial deads.
» my battle with 300kg j (Go to post)07-01-2013 @ 13:00 
scorpian said:
i dnt listen to oaps sorry si lol thats wat im gona do mate got sum advice of martin to so back to the drwing boardTongue

I know it seems as if people are putting you down, there not... there are some really good lifters on here, some not so good Happythat will offer some simple excellent advice.

There is no magic quick fix to strength. If you are naturally strong then imagine what you could lift with good form. But you will need to step away from lifting over your "good form weight".

I'll be down with Lewis for some events soon you can ask me as much as you like... Maybe I will be able to help you a bit.
» Rope for sale?? (Go to post)05-01-2013 @ 13:56 
Does anyone have any rope they would like to sell, ideally shipping rope for pulling?
» Lewis's strength training log (Go to post)02-01-2013 @ 17:57 
Take a look Lew and let me know what you think of this comp. It will be a good warm up for the Welsh and JT normally runs through the comp pretty quick so it would be a good fitness test too.

http://www.sugdenbarbell.co.uk/forum/MIDLANDS-U105-COMP-2013-1...
» MIDLANDS U/105 COMP 2013 (Go to post)02-01-2013 @ 17:22 
jt said:
as with other years I will take non midlanders as non scoring guests
been on a diet?

Fair enough mate. No not me, a tad heavy for 105's.... for Lewis, who i'm training at the moment. He needs the practice for the Welsh.
» MIDLANDS U/105 COMP 2013 (Go to post)02-01-2013 @ 17:13 
Hi Jas - Is this open to any u105 or is it for local boys only?

Thanks

Martin
» Lewis's strength training log (Go to post)04-11-2012 @ 21:42 
Shame I missed that 180 squat mate. I'll try my best not to miss too much training over the next few weeks. I haven't really be there pushing you as I should. It's good to see that you are working hard on your own though.

Once the gym gets re-arranged it will help you prepare for the comps. But the volume and bulking is going well at the moment.

See you tomorrow ready for deads....
» 2012 brit log champs @Strength-tec 4th nov (Go to post)04-11-2012 @ 21:36 
Great lift from Paul. Well done mate. Great power belly too lol.

Well done Lloydy and Rob.
» Lewis's strength training log (Go to post)21-10-2012 @ 11:43 
Your training is going really well Lew, there is more of a purpose about you. With technique and form coming on you will be stronger than ever.

Keep up the good work, all this hard training will prepare you for big things next year.
» Lewis's strength training log (Go to post)14-08-2012 @ 13:22 
105's here you come!!!

I predict a 280kg squat, 330kg deadlift, 160 overhead Grin
» Wales Strongest Man 2012 (Go to post)15-07-2012 @ 17:21 
siovrhyl said:
NO one loaded it mate I lapped it but couldn't load it only other person to attempt it was Jamie redwood who couldn't break the floor

That's twice now in a comp Si, its a big stone to lift after a heavy arse comp.

Well Done Wales Strongest Man Happy
» Wales Strongest Man 2012 (Go to post)15-07-2012 @ 16:43 
Well done Si, Kelv and Rob.

I called in to watch the first two thirds of the comp, good set up. Very busy and lots of stalls for food, supps and Mark was there for Vikingr (good to see you mate).

Comp started an hour late.. but probably best as it filled up by then. Alot of time had gone it to the prep of the comp from Alex. But I do have a pretty big negative. As I've mentioned previously the comp was way too heavy for a few events for the standard competing. Some of the guys didn't move the yoke at all and most, bare two moved the frame. The deadlift had a few no lifts, but I do believe the weight was right on that as Simon got 7 strong reps.

Unfortunatley the comp was a little painful to watch due to the no lifts. Wasn't good for spectators and being as it was being films I'm not sure whether there is much to show.

I just hope that the organisers can see that the strength in depth is not here in wales. I understand your reasoning behind it but there will always be a big divide for the next few years.

Please see my comments as constructive. I've seen the talent in wales for many years and you will have strong fields like last year and not so strong fields as this year. Although all competitors put 100% in and that was clear to see so very well done for that. Thats all you can ask for. Unfortunately due to the very heavy events this showed how new some of the guys where.

I wish the organisers will tailor the comps to the current standard and not get to far ahead.

Also I wish Ross a speedy recovery, shame you couldn't compete.

Great venue and good organisation.
» dealing with the headfuck of losing BW. (Go to post)21-05-2012 @ 13:47 
Richie I think you just need to focus on a different goal. Losing weight may seem the end of the world now, but you get used to it. Try getting yourself in better condition so when you take your top off you are proud of what you are.... and the ladies like it!! lol.

You can't stay big the rest of your life, it's just not sustainable... your quaulity of life will improve with the weight loss.

Plus you can see your toes again and be able to put your socks on yourself and wipe your arse easier lol

12345678910 ... ... 4546474849505152535455

You are here: HomeForumMartin_Jones → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions