REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 1 member and 347 guests
You are here: HomeForumCarlJ → View All Posts

View All Posts: CarlJ

» Tabloids get trolled (Go to post)28-05-2014 @ 11:50 
Should of followed this up with: "But the creatine was just a gateway drug. Soon he was into the heavy stuff, one night I even caught him taking a cocktail of amino acid and maltodextrin, that's when I knew he was in too deep."
» FAO MOD Please delete my account (Go to post)25-05-2014 @ 20:27 
I will be back, but under a different name, I need to remain anonymous for reasons I won't go into, so a different username is called for.

Will PM him and ask to delete or change user name if possible.

Thanks
» FAO MOD Please delete my account (Go to post)25-05-2014 @ 12:21 
Pretty please
» Surely the kindest thing to do would be to gas the lot of these creatures? (Go to post)20-05-2014 @ 22:31 
Post Edited: 25.05.2014 @ 11:49 AM by CarlJ
» King of the Castle - Novice Strongman Competition (Scarborough) (Go to post)18-05-2014 @ 00:31 
As a Scarborian I best get my name down for this one! Put me down please - Carl Jones (Met you briefly at North Yorks. Novice)
» random disclosure thread (Go to post)17-04-2014 @ 22:57 
Post Edited: 25.05.2014 @ 11:53 AM by CarlJ
» Yoking injury - any ideas? (Go to post)15-04-2014 @ 22:49 
Just got back from Hospital.

Soft tissue only, most likely ligament damage related to traps mostly. I had pretty much come to that conclusion myself sat in the waiting room, as I stiffened up it became harder and more painful to lift my arms above my head or shrug.

They had a good poke round my spine and there's no pain, everything seems fine, no need to xray. I agree.

Normal soft tissue protocol, although I dislike taking nsaids, they do help. Sucks though as I compete in 4 weeks and will be dreading the yoke now!
» Yoking injury - any ideas? (Go to post)15-04-2014 @ 19:56 
Ok, will head up, can't hurt to have it checked out.

Thanks for making me realise the obvious
» Yoking injury - any ideas? (Go to post)15-04-2014 @ 19:41 
VanillaGorilla said:Go to hospital.

Pardon my ignorance,

Care to elaborate?
» Yoking injury - any ideas? (Go to post)15-04-2014 @ 19:24 
Trained Yoke tonight and on my last run I dropped halfway. I picked it up immediately to finish but the bar wasn't quite in the right spot. The moment the Yoke left the ground I felt a crushing sensation in my neck/back and instantly knew I'd f**ked something.

It's not hugely painful however my upper back and neck is stiffening up big time and I can tell when I wake up tomorrow I won't be able to move.

Not had an injury in this area before so wondered if anyone knew what the likely culprit was? I'm fairly sure it's not skeletal/spinal as it doesn't hurt enough, I was thinking traps?
» '500lb log press' (Go to post)12-04-2014 @ 17:16 
Post Edited: 12.04.2014 @ 17:23 PM by CarlJ
This one is the best by far!

A 2 inch log bench press with "1000lbs"!

» Fitin' (Go to post)07-04-2014 @ 12:36 
Post Edited: 25.05.2014 @ 11:50 AM by CarlJ
» How do YOU know when you're doing too much and what do you do about it? (Go to post)06-04-2014 @ 20:15 
I train approx 6 days a week, a mixture of gym work and events and of late I seem to be having 'bad' days more and more often. Today was complete s**te as I couldn't get out of bed, must of slept about 12 hours and then when I trained this evening everything I normally lift with ease just felt so f**king heavy leaving me comparatively weak and I'm thinking a short spell of r+r might be in order. I might add that I am and always have been 'eu natural' - this obviously plays a large part in recovery times.

How do YOU know when you're doing too much and what do you do about it? do you take time out? eat more? lower volume or intensity? etc etc.

How does Sugden recover?
» So I did Yoke for the first time tonight... (Go to post)30-03-2014 @ 22:27 
http://www.sugdenbarbell.co.uk/forum/204kg-Yoke-21134
» 204kg Yoke (Go to post)30-03-2014 @ 21:58 
I tried Yoke for the first time a couple of weeks ago and had loads of issues which you may have read about here:

http://www.sugdenbarbell.co.uk/forum/So-I-did-Yoke-for-the-fir...

Well after taking some advice, I decided to tape the bar and cover it in liquid chalk as well as adjust my hand position higher to create more of a shelf for the Yoke to sit on. This worked wonders and today I quite happily trundled about with 204kg which I'm pleased with to say it felt pretty easy and it's only 16kg off my comp weight. Happy

Cheers for the advice guys

You are here: HomeForumCarlJ → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions