REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 1 member and 190 guests
You are here: HomeForumEDBANGER → View All Posts

View All Posts: EDBANGER

» Bench Blokz or Repboards? (Go to post)26-06-2015 @ 18:32 
The guy who owns and makes "repboards" trains in my gym. He's a top bloke and I must say I really like his product. Nice and tidy in comparison to the random bits of wood approach. You can easily use them by yourself too. He's currently running a promotion called "Tricep Hell" which is a competition with cash prizes. I'll link him to this thread.
» The 'well done on the PB' thread (Go to post)23-02-2015 @ 20:17 
Post Edited: 23.02.2015 @ 20:19 PM by EDBANGER
Not impressive by most standards on this board but I did the GPC midlands qualifier yesterday and got a few PB's. My deadlift has sucked for a long time but a recent little tweak seems to have pushed me through the plateaux. Whilst I was chuffed to get new PB's I also wish I'd have gone heavier as they felt fairly easy. Today I decided to try and max out overhead and managed 107.5kg but failed 110kg. Another new PB of 5kg. It actually felt good to fail as at least I knew I'd hit my max.

http://youtu.be/Pz_GYyzQvko

(can't figure out how to embed it and get it to actually work)
» Not on Facebook.... (Go to post)15-02-2015 @ 20:34 
Yep, I've got to say my Facebook feed is filled with nothing but strength sports and BMX. Occasionally a friend might actually get a status up that stays up long enough for me to notice but I've customised my Facebook to just show stuff that interests me now. You don't actually have to put up with the mundane crap if you don't want to.
» Who here can do 100kg squat for 30 reps (Go to post)09-02-2015 @ 15:13 
Gym challenge not long ago was body weight on the bar for max reps. I managed 30 x 85kg after a heavy session. It wasn't fun though. One of the guys who did it earlier did 29 reps though so I had no choice but to do 30 even if it meant death.
» Knee wrap recommendations (Go to post)02-02-2015 @ 17:18 
Nice one lads. I was very much asleep before anyone replied so I didn't see this until this afternoon. I did a load of reading and as I was down south today I dropped into Pullum and picked up some 2.5m Titan Titaniums. I went with these as people were saying they weren't as stiff as others and the stretchiness helped get plenty of rotations. I tried them out this afternoon and I like them a lot. Much softer than my Zulu's so I can get them much tighter and more painful The extra length made it easier for me to get the tuck sorted. I absolutely love that Brandon Lilly tip with the shoe lace though. I'm going to give that a go next week.

Jon - you've been through some wraps haven't you Tongue Great info.
» Knee wrap recommendations (Go to post)01-02-2015 @ 21:03 
Post Edited: 01.02.2015 @ 21:03 PM by EDBANGER
I'm fairly new to knee wraps and I've been using some Zulu Glove 2m wraps for a few months in preparation for a competition. I've decided to get myself a new pair of wraps for competition day and I'm not sure which way to go. Firstly I can go up to 2.5m for the comp day so I'm thinking maybe I should use that extra half metre to get a better wrap. Being new to the whole wrapping thing sometimes I struggle and almost run out of wrap. I end up having to back the last rotation off a bit so I can get the end tucked in. With that in mind zulu glove don't do 2.5m so which brand would you recommend? It's been suggested Titan gold signature or metal. They are a little more expensive though. Would I be just as well buying something from the strength shop brand? If so which one? There seems to be four or five different types.

Hoping that some of you will have tried a whole range of different wraps and be able to give advice based on experience.

Cheers
» Lady powerlifters (Go to post)05-09-2014 @ 22:39 
Bloody hell. Surly there's got to be woman sized belts? Isn't it just the width that's the problem?
» Lady powerlifters (Go to post)05-09-2014 @ 22:16 
Ha cheers bud. Ive got her training using the 5 3 1 template and she's loving it. It's the task of beating previous rep records and weight that's got her hooked and having the structure. I don't think she even realises she's powerlifting. I may try and convince her to do a competition next year.
» Lady powerlifters (Go to post)05-09-2014 @ 21:26 
I would like to buy my other half a belt as she's getting more into lifting now and I think it would help her push her limits. She tried my belt but hated it as it was a bit too big. Can anyone suggest a belt, size and supplier that might be more comfortable for her? Preferably a pronged lever or standard lever.
» New to knee wraps - when should I use them??? (Go to post)31-08-2014 @ 19:00 
I went with 2m from zulu glove. I've got a zulu belt and wrist wraps and I think they're just good quality equipment.
» Stronger than you look ? (Go to post)31-08-2014 @ 16:01 
It's relative to the gym I'm training in. I'm not a big bloke at 84kg but at the chain gym I go to then I take great pleasure in lifting a lot more than most people in there that are much bigger than me. I managed my first overhead press of 100kg + the other day and had one of the trainers stop to watch. When I go and train at central fitness however it's completely the opposite and guys my size or smaller are blowing me completely out of the water
» New to knee wraps - when should I use them??? (Go to post)31-08-2014 @ 13:08 
Thanks for the replies chaps. As far as singles work then in the current routine I'd be working on them every 3 weeks. I'm thinking this week I might just get the 5's done and then hit a single at 80% to get some time in them. Them next week I shall put them on for the heavy 3's.

As far as tight goes I think I experienced tight. The guy wrapping them for me when I failed (Brodie Marshall) had no mercy and was practically dragging me off the bench with every pull.
» New to knee wraps - when should I use them??? (Go to post)30-08-2014 @ 23:27 
I got some knee wraps for my birthday with the intention of doing a comp in a federation that allows wraps in the RAW squat. I used them the other day for the first time and it was a big learning curve. To begin with I was useless at putting them on (I still am but not as much as I was), they hurt (I got used to that though) and I found it difficult to get to depth. Obviously I need to get some experience through using them and getting comfortable but at what point do I apply them during my training?

I'm currently using 'beyond 5 3 1' as my training plan as I don't think i'll be competing until next year. So on Tuesday I'll be working up to 155kg at which point I'll do as many reps as possible. Following that I can add weight to the bar as long as I'm sure i'll get a set of 5 (Mr Wendler has called these Joker sets for those that don't know). Do you think I should put the wraps on for the joker sets? I worked up from 180kg to 205kg the other day with them on. Would you say there is a minimum weight at which to apply them? Should I be doing reps of 5 or just use them for singles?

I've been reading that wraps could actually do more harm to the knee and possibly make you weaker which I can believe. On the other hand I need to get used to them.
» Hoping for some Deadlift pointers (Go to post)15-05-2014 @ 20:07 
walker said:
Yes it is mate. I did the charity push pull a couple of years ago. I train there every so often when I'm staying at the inlaws, it is decent. I didn't recognise it with where you're deadlifting there!

Yeah, I was training with Brodie who was in charge of the gym at that time so we had to be near the door buzzer for letting people in. That's right next to the desk
Grin
» How often do you 'Max out'?? (Go to post)13-05-2014 @ 23:21 
This has always been my thinking. I do like the Russian Masters 9 week build up and sometimes I'll run it up to week 8 and then start again without testing in week 9.

You are here: HomeForumEDBANGER → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions