REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 193 guests
You are here: HomeForumking_mob → View All Posts

View All Posts: king_mob

» intensity block (Go to post)17-10-2012 @ 20:00 
finally went up to the lads who powerlift here at empire. going to be joining them to train next monday at six. ill just start a new log then i think.

cheers for steering us in the right direction fellas.
» Is bacon good for you? (Go to post)17-10-2012 @ 17:50 
Post Edited: 17.10.2012 @ 17:55 PM by king_mob
bertie said:
That's fine I didn't take anything from you're original comment. I was just interested in you're true reasons for it.
I also understand you're moral stance on the issue, however the way I look at it is if we all didn't eat meat the majority of farm animals would still be killed and even some breeds wiped out, but they'd just be killed or no reason but to make space for growing crops and other foods for us. In a way by eating them were giving them some life before that which they'd not have if we all were vegans.

yeah funnily enough i completely agree with you on that, if the whole world went vegan youd see a lot of animal species just become extinct.

another puzzler is that, while i can be critical of the western worlds consumption of animals fairly easily, what about the small thai fishing village that only fishes so they can buy rope to go out fishing again? is that amoral for them to live like that?

i dont know, and i really dont have the answers, but i know that personally i dont want to take part in something that i see as inhumane.
» intensity block (Go to post)17-10-2012 @ 15:37 
Post Edited: 17.10.2012 @ 15:37 PM by king_mob
here's the thing, im really really not saying im not gonna take, or not ask for advice (iv posted loads of stuff asking for advice here and intend to continue to do so) this whole thread just kinda escalated from someone saying i need to get pointers on my squat (which i do but for the next few weeks im happy just playing with it to see if i can sort it out) to people saying i need to throw my programming out the window (again i probably do but i dont think its a bad mental exercise thinking about how i arrange my training, even i get some of it wrong).

but at the end of the day i appreciate your input davy cos your always come across like you know what your talking about, and your right yes im a beginner and should be hungry for information particularly as there are so many strong feckers who post here and are happy to answer questions/hand out advice.
» The bear is back (Go to post)17-10-2012 @ 15:30 
legend, that high rep pressing looked too easy
» intensity block (Go to post)17-10-2012 @ 15:15 
i know this seems that im doing the critical beginner mistake of not shutting the f**k up and just lifting the weight, and i really dont want to come across as if im just ignoring everyones advice because george has a 230kg raw squat which is hench, i guess im just trying to say i see the value in trying to learn to think about lifting, not just grabbing some cookie cutter routine and following it until it doesnt work
» Am I trying to do too much? (Go to post)17-10-2012 @ 15:00 
Tom_Martin said:
It's the balls to the wall part that is problematic, not the every day part. Every step you take is a one legged fractional squat. We agree you can walk around every day. So now it's just a matter of scale to find out what is appropriate....

thats a f**king genius way of putting it
» ACTIVATE: BEAST MODE (Go to post)17-10-2012 @ 14:57 
Post Edited: 17.10.2012 @ 15:42 PM by king_mob
awesome squatting mate good to see your getting towards mended

Corrected Happy
» intensity block (Go to post)17-10-2012 @ 14:55 
well fair enough mate your a hell of a lot stronger than me.

still dont know whats wrong with doing things in blocks though, not like im doing some over the top periodization, just focusing on doing a few things at a time rather than everything at once. example - my technique was off, so i dropped the weight for 6 weeks while i worked on it. thats a block. that was my last block. doesnt really need to get more complicated than that.
» intensity block (Go to post)17-10-2012 @ 14:40 
thanks for the input guys, iv run starting strength before for a short while, didnt really give it a proper run and maybe should have, but be honest the routines iv followed so far havent been that different from starting strength.

compound lifts, linear progression. i think people are getting abit hung up on me commenting on my form...should probably just post numbers from now on.
» intensity block (Go to post)17-10-2012 @ 14:09 
MattD90 said:lol it aint cluedo dude just take all the tips you can get

Having said though if that's what you want to do then so be it. Any goals for the remainder of the year ?

lol yeah i know it sounds like im just being a bit arrogant here, and your right its probably a lot simpler than im making it, but iv learnt a lot just by reading and noodling around by myself in the past year since i started lifting, and i think thats got to count for something.

goals so far are just get through this block and build my numbers up a bit, after that im going to test all my lifts, reassess my programming and then put some real numbers down as goals.
» intensity block (Go to post)17-10-2012 @ 14:04 
incline bench 1x6 @57.5kg
deadlift 1x2 @150kg MISSED
deadlift 1x2 @150kg MISSED

got the first rep in both attempts at the deadlift, so thats a PB of sorts, but i didnt get the double like i wanted, so im counting this as a miss.

im going to stick more warm up sets in to maintain some sort of volume, think this will help with hitting these top sets.
» intensity block (Go to post)17-10-2012 @ 13:54 
Post Edited: 17.10.2012 @ 13:54 PM by king_mob
yeah the thing is matt im not actually looking for pointers on my form just yet, i post a lot in my journal about my form and technique because im writing down my thoughts and experiences and trying to analyse and learn from them, im trying to develop some critical thinking in the weight room and become a better lifter, not just a stronger one.
me posting a video is more because people keep chiming in and i dont want to just brush them off or ignore their input Wink
» Am I trying to do too much? (Go to post)17-10-2012 @ 11:18 
Yeah sorry mate realised my comment wasnt that helpful actually, lol.

Maybe consider self regulating your volume somewhat, start lifting a bit more by feel rather than aim to hit a prescribed weight, this should help you not get so beat up, although your split looks fairly sane if im honest so i wouldnt imagine your going to work yourself into an early grave.

the bike riding should also help with recovery rather than hinder - its active rest which would get your blood flowing into your muscles and help you get back on your feet quicker.

with increased training frequency its all about managing volume as i understand it, those pesky Norwegians did a study which was pretty interesting - http://styrkeloft.no/nyheter/frekvensprosjektet/1437-resultate...

the main thing i got out of reading that (google translated of course Happy) was that the volume for both groups was the same, the only variable that was changed was the frequency of the work outs. So yeah - learn to manage your volume.

this is what a lot of high frequency lifters do and it seems to work very well for them, just google "high frequency powerlifting" or look up articles by John Broz and you'll find a ton of info on it, as well as suggestions for protocols for managing volume.
» Am I trying to do too much? (Go to post)17-10-2012 @ 10:45 
3 words.

Brian. f**king. Siders.

Monday

CG BP: sets of 5, begin at 50% and build to 5RM
3 Board press: 4×6 at CG 5RM
Floor press: 4×6 (moderate)
Tricep Pushdown: 4×15 (light)
Lats: 8-10 sets

Tuesday

Back squat: 8x3x75%
Bent-over GM: 6×6 to 6RM
Rack pull: to 1RM
Sumo DL: 4x6x60%
Abs 3×15

Wednesday

Bench press: 8×3 at 75%
3 Board press: 5×3 to 3RM
Incline BP (med. grip): 6x6x60%
DB tri ext: 8×6 (light) w/:15 rest

Thursday

Conventional DL: 8x3x70-75%
DL w/35# plates: 4x6x60%
SLDL w/35# plates: 3x6x55%
Side bends: 3×15

Friday

Speed BP: 10x3x55-65% :45 rest
Pause BP 4×6 to 6RM
Seated military press: wu, 6×6
Side raises: 3×12

Saturday

Box squats: 12×2 at 50-60% 1:00 rest
Olympic squats: 4x6x65%
Speed DLs: 12-15x1x60-65% w/:30 rest
Side bends: 3×12
» Favourite exercise of the moment (Go to post)17-10-2012 @ 10:06 
http://www.crossfitnyc.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/bosu-bar...

You are here: HomeForumking_mob → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions