REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 1 member and 297 guests
You are here: HomeForumrian1987 → View All Posts

View All Posts: rian1987

12345678910 ... 1112 ... 2425262728293031323334

» 2016 Arnold Strongman Competitors? (Go to post)03-02-2016 @ 10:20 
Simeon said:
You seriously think he'd only hit 420 dead?
That's a warmup weight for him

I'm talking about a full meet here, if he has to squat and bench first that would be a factor.. then take away the briefs, hitch and the straps.. It all makes a difference..
» 2016 Arnold Strongman Competitors? (Go to post)03-02-2016 @ 10:17 
AdamT said:
That video was poundstone and Magnus.

It's not.. its the super series from 2004.. z and magnus both get 15 reps.. type super series Sweden in YouTube and you'll find it..
» 2016 Arnold Strongman Competitors? (Go to post)03-02-2016 @ 01:13 
FAT_SAM said:That was in single ply kit which makes a big difference to squat. Z would squat 400+ I bet, but 460 wraps only is a big ask. Hall has done 340x8 no wraps no belt recently which suggests something huge is there!

A recent(ish) video of Z benching shows 250 touch and go, not easy, nothing to suggest he could pause it.

I can't see why Hall wouldn't get 450 strapless. He says he regularly works up to 420 without them and that's the most he can get on the bar.

I believe Hall could beat the WR raw total without a buildup

Z doesn't train bench at all.. there's an old video of a super series in Sweden where they do 200kg for reps and both z and Samuelson get 15 reps so I'm sure z would be 300 plus if he trained for it.. couldn't see ed getting 450 strapless in a full meet.. its completely different to pulling fresh with straps and a slight hitch.. Ed is good for 420 squat, 270 bench and 420 dead in a full meet..
» 2016 Arnold Strongman Competitors? (Go to post)03-02-2016 @ 00:08 
FAT_SAM said:
Z 400/250/430
Hall 430/300/450
if Z trained for it he'd bench more

No way ed would bench 300 with a pause or dead 450 raw with no straps.. also z squatted 428 years ago so I'm guessing he'd be close to 460 these days..
» 2016 Arnold Strongman Competitors? (Go to post)02-02-2016 @ 23:55 
I couldn't see ed beating z in a powerlifting competition to be honest.. z totalled 1020kg in the ipf nearly 20 years ago and is way stronger no..
» Britain's strongest man 2016 (Go to post)19-01-2016 @ 22:16 
I'm guessing that's why certain events are in then. Saddler competing without qualifying and picking events to suit himself.
» gyms open boxing day? (Go to post)25-12-2015 @ 12:57 
Anyone know any gyms open tomorrow in the Leeds area?
» Eddie - Strongman Film (Go to post)18-12-2015 @ 22:59 
McMuffin_Gains said:
Don't get me wrong, Shaw is great and all but Ed blows Shaw out the water when it comes to static strength, better deadlift, far better presser and way way waaaay better squatter.
Shaw of course has a huge advantage at things like keg toss, stones etc and so is a far better all rounder. Does that make Shaw the better strongman? perhaps so, but technique and strength are two very different things, no way is Shaw stronger than Ed.

I'm sure Shaw whooped ed at the heaviest arnold ever beating him at the deadlift, matching him on the log and beating him on the other overhead event the dumbell. He also beat him at the deadlift at the wsm final. Ed is a better squatter yeah but Shaw is also pretty good n is 6 foot so at a huge disadvantage.
» Eddie - Strongman Film (Go to post)18-12-2015 @ 20:01 
HeavyFuel said:
Because he is stronger than them. Isn't Eddie the same height as Big Z? Doesn't seem to have held Z back.

Stronger than Shaw how? He's never beaten him or even come close. I think Z is 2 or 3 inches taller and is the best ever so that's completely different.
» Savickas squat 440x3 (Go to post)05-11-2015 @ 21:00 
FAT_SAM said:Hall is stronger than Z

WSM 2016 will show this.

Where's your evidence of this? Pretty disrespectful comment about a man whos won everything in the last 15 years. If zs back is fine he's stronger statically on pretty much every event other than maybe deadlift. I do believe z is good for 470 though on the Europe's set up. His log and squat are also miles ahead.
» best overhead??? (Go to post)14-08-2015 @ 10:45 
I'd imagine z could hit 250 or 260 out of the rack if he trained for it. He's apparently hit a 240 strict so you'd think 250 or 260 with legs.
» Mo Farah's coach (Go to post)16-06-2015 @ 01:23 
Tom_Martin said:What a load of s**t this place is now :/ When did it turn into the "I can't do it clean, so no one can!" forum?

So many people watch Bigger Stronger Faster and became expert chemists and anti-doping officers.

Not really. You'd just be naive to think that PEDS don't play a big part in top class sport. Look at the ufc, hardly anyone failed a test for years, then when the testing system improved athletes have been failing tests left right n centre.
» Mo Farah's coach (Go to post)14-06-2015 @ 11:55 
Steve said:
How can you possibly know this?
Just because a few cheats test positive and then claim everyone at the top is doing the same is very poor evidence.

Didn't you watch the panorama documentary? Their is also a really good documentary called bigger faster stronger where they exposed carl Lewis had failed a drug test but the usa covered it up. Also don't you think lance Armstrong being the most tested athlete ever makes a mockery of the whole drug testing system? Justin gatlin is also making a joke of the system, I mean he's running a lot faster now at an older age than when he tested positive. You can't tell me he's now natural and running faster than when he was full of drugs.
» Mo Farah's coach (Go to post)14-06-2015 @ 06:26 
unit94 said:Yes we get it you got away with it for ages before getting caught but that doesnt mean every f**ker is on gear!

Moat sportsmen at the top level are though and anyone who thinks otherwise is naive.
» Are Politics Banned on Here? (Go to post)13-06-2015 @ 16:37 
Luke82 said:Greece is in trouble because it spent more than it could generate. Pretty simple really. It kept borrowing, then it's economy tanked, then it failed to honour it's debts whilst simultaneously asking to borrow more while refusing to lower it's expenses. If I got my household in trouble like this everyone here would call me an idiot, and rightly so, no matter how much I tried to blame the global financial system, the troika, or anyone else.

I would imagine it's easier to right off bad debt when you are telling the people you owe it to to get lost. Iceland did not let it's banks collapse, it covered their domestic obligations and told everyone else to go away. Not every country can or will do this. Someone, at some point, has to pay.

You admit yourself that our country's economy is based around the financial system, yet also call for it to collapse, and expect this to somehow make life better for everyone. I am finding this hard to understand mate. Do you really think economic inequality is best solved by making everyone equally poor?

Yes global inequality is increasing. So is the worlds population, particularly in the areas where the bottom half of the worlds wealth lays. This may have something to do with it but I never see this mentioned.

Money goes to money, show me one system in the world where this doesn't happen. What I also know is that life is getting better for most working people whilst we are supposedly being 'screwed'. Inflation is low, more people are in jobs and the lowest paid are paying less tax along with everyone else. Life is pretty good in our land here, and moving to a country with no financial industry will probably mean your life gets considerably worse.

Sorry to keep banging the Iceland drum but it is what started all this shenanigans again...

"Until the 20th century, Iceland relied largely on fishing and agriculture. Industrialisation of the fisheries and Marshall Plan aid following World War II brought prosperity and Iceland became one of the wealthiest and most developed nations in the world. In 1994, Iceland became party to the European Economic Area, which supported diversification into economic and financial services.

Affected by the ongoing worldwide financial crisis, the nation's entire banking system systemically failed in October 2008, leading to a severe depression, substantial political unrest, the Icesave dispute, and the institution of capital controls. The economy has since made a significant recovery, in large part due to a surge in tourism.[10][11][12]

Taken from Wikipedia. Looks like diversifying into the financial sector made life in Iceland pretty sweet. Then it got crap once the financial system was allowed to collapse. Now it's getting better again because people want to go and see it's natural beauty.

No one wants to see the UK's natural beauty!

You really don't have a clue mate

12345678910 ... 1112 ... 2425262728293031323334

You are here: HomeForumrian1987 → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions