REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 340 guests
You are here: HomeForumsmuk → View All Posts

View All Posts: smuk

» Weghting kegs (Go to post)01-10-2010 @ 15:41 
richiebevan said:i cut the handles off then cut a big hole with a grinder and then welded the handles back on.

ahh mine may be a bit different ill put a pic up later, but they have no handles, just the cylinder and the top attachment.
» Weghting kegs (Go to post)01-10-2010 @ 15:40 
If I go down the cut and weld route how much puishment will they take, a decent amount?

Have got four, aim is to use sand to get one up to 70 and one up to 90kg. (50l of sand is 90kg) These I am gonna try and get the tops off (no idea how hard/easy that is yet) and pour in using a funnel and a spare day.

The other two I am going down the concrete + smashed up old plates route, one to 110kg and one to hopefully around 130kg. This will be a bit harder id imagine.
» The real life Iron Man (Go to post)30-09-2010 @ 21:04 
‘What is nice for me, in lifting all these weights, is I don’t feel it in my back.’

Maybe because he isnt bloody lifting them
» NHS website - FAQ's WTF??? (Go to post)30-09-2010 @ 15:26 
1.6inches extra girth......

know what i want for xmas
» barbell complexes anyone? (Go to post)29-09-2010 @ 11:43 
One of my guys does something similar for endurance

Cleans and presses, behind the neck, squats, behind the neck press and back to floor and repeat
» Weghting kegs (Go to post)29-09-2010 @ 11:41 
sorry caps
» Weghting kegs (Go to post)29-09-2010 @ 11:41 
richiebevan said:ive just done some gas cylinder up to 60kg, i used some scrap metal but mostly sand and broken up bricks, still got a bit of room so could maybe go up to 70

SOUNDS ABOUT RIGHT, HOW DID YOU GET THE TOP OFF?
» Weghting kegs (Go to post)29-09-2010 @ 11:40 
I do have a lot of old battered discs actually to chuck in the mix good idea!

Is there an easier way of getting the top off of the kegs or a guide anywhere (will google later when i finish work)

What about the canisters, cut and weld those too?
» Weghting kegs (Go to post)29-09-2010 @ 10:08 
Whats the best thing to use to make some real heavy kegs? I just cant see sand being heavy enough to create a 120kg keg.

I also have a couple of gas cylinders I fancy weighting, again, sand wont me enoough to get these up to 60/70kg which is what I am after
» LONDON`S SGTRONGESTMAN 2010???? (Go to post)23-09-2010 @ 21:21 
hahahaha bunch of f**kers! No wonder he wont go online!!!
» Heart murmur. (Go to post)23-09-2010 @ 14:49 
I am in no way suggesting you do this, but if you want to train as you are, why are you declaring it to the gym in the first place?
» Alex Reid v Tom Watson (Go to post)22-09-2010 @ 13:24 
My gripe is he has a title shot on the back of a 6 fight loss, makes a mockery of mma in the UK
» BSM U105 2011; Andy Cairney or Loz Brown?! (Go to post)22-09-2010 @ 08:23 
As somebody looking to enter the promotions game over the next couple of years, I have the following to say.

Were I running such a large event with such large sponsors and venues, the whole WORLD would know about it, let alone the internet.

IMO (And please correct me) events in the UK need a number of factors;

first and formost - Athletes. If it is a BSM comp obviously the best in Britain should be there. I dont think openly slating them on a forum is the best way to attract them.

Venue - Having not seen this "car park" I cant comment, but a good venue is a must. Firstly for the safety of the competitors, and secondly for the gen public.

Fans/public - As I see it, this is the area that needs working on the most, as a large fan base will drive the sport forward. This will only be achieved by advertising on a grand scale. Its fare to say the WSM only get invites 5 weeks before, but the whole world knows the location and date of the comp months in advance. It would make sense for a BSM to be made aware to the whole of Britain accordingly.

Money - This seems to be the main focus of the post, and its understandable why. As he points out competitions can be expensive to run, especially high standard ones. Im not sure of a way to resolve this fully, for some of the small things I have done in the past I have made a loss, so can imagine as you go up the scale, the loss would be greater. Sponsorship is usually the answer, but untill the sport becomes really popular, some sponsors will be hesitant.

"b**ching" - To anybody who trains in a good gym, swearing, being offensive and having banter is part of the norm. To myself, the banter on this forum is just that, BUT to a suit at a company being asked to front a couple of grand and not being used to "our" environment, I can see why they might be hesitant. As with the money, its hard to resolve, as we all know when a meet occurs, unlike most sports strongmen actually encourage their competitors to lift more and do well. If we can show that positive side to potential fans/sponsors then we are on a winner.

2010/2011 - Guess its a case of seeing what IS organised and going from there
» Alex Reid v Tom Watson (Go to post)21-09-2010 @ 13:31 
I saw half an episode where Josh Barnett schooled him, were I in Alex's place I wouldve been embarrassed as I think all the yanks soon clocked he wasnt much
» Alex Reid v Tom Watson (Go to post)21-09-2010 @ 13:23 
Or should that say Tom Watson v Alex Reid...

Just been discussing this fight, knew it was happening but didnt know it was this Sat night. Anyway, looked into it as the chap said its 5x5min rounds which I thought was odd as its usually 3x5. Its actually a title fight!

Pretty disgusted that BAMMA have put him in with a title shout on the back of a six fight losing streak. Whilst I can understand they will be getting a lot of publicity and no doubt income from it, as an organisation its a farce.

There are a few middleweights in their ranks with 3 and 4 fight win streaks, they must be wondering why they bother.

It then go tme thinking to Reid himself, if he loses, as everybody thinks he will, what will happen depends on how he loses I guess (hopefully he wont lay on his back and whoop like when he tried for TUF) but if he wins, god forbit British MMA will be in turmoil. He is already the most recognised Brit fighter to the "general" public, a win will be as bad as Audley beating Haye!

But I could see him having a chance, Reid is surrounded by a lot of money due to his "fame", and whilst I am not sure on Watsons fight purse, I cant imagine it being massive even for a title defence. I in no way know Watson as a fighter or bloke, but it would be hard for a lot of men to refuse a bit of cash, well, a lot possibly, to throw the fight. (Again I must point out I dont know him and am not suggesting he will do this)

Personally, I hope Watson really takes his time, use all 5 rounds to control, belittle and batter Reid and his "fame" out of mma as he is not good for the sport. A quick knockout and Reid can possibly pass it off as a "punchers chance" but if he is dominated, which I think he will be, then there can be no excuses.

That said, I actually quite like Reid (as a man) and I guess it isnt his fault his agent/manager have managed to wangle him a title shot... Damn im talking myself out of my point here

You are here: HomeForumsmuk → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions