Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumGeneral Bullshitlamar gants 8/5/3 deadlift program

lamar gants 8/5/3 deadlift program

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

John
Post Edited: 03.05.2014 @ 10:14 AM by John
Lol I looked up the program I'm on and found it was simalier to Lamar Gant's 8/5/3 only he did it once a week and used 73%>75% . I do twice a week at 80%>85% do you think I maybe doing to much ???? Although I have to say I'm enjoying the challenge.its like extreme meditation however you only get one back :/
BaconWarrior
Where did you get your program from? I train deadlift once and a variation in a second session each week and I don't seem to be having any problem with it.
http://www.powerliftingwatch.com/node/21895

5x8 with 80-85%? I think you might be starting too high there. Horrific volume in the early weeks!
PaulSavage
Would depend what your used to and what you can handle, which only comes from experience and knowing your own body.

Though it might have been, i wouldn't assume Gants programme was spot on as he had amazing leverages for pulling/more than likely would have pulled big no matter what he was doing. Also a programme is not the be all and end all of lifting, it's what you put into it.
shanejer
If you're doing 5 sets of 8 at 85%

It proberly isn't 85%...
John
Well i usually put 100% in unless im not fully recoverd from monday on which case about 95%. Yeah finding the volume really hard going mentally and physicaly.trainner gave me the program to do but he is a bit of a freak when it come to strenght think he forgets not everyone is able to do what he can lolbut four of this rep range left think i may do the test at may be 75% maybe.
John
Post Edited: 03.05.2014 @ 21:35 PM by John
shanejer said:If you're doing 5 sets of 8 at 85%

It proberly isn't 85%...

Your actually right my bad its 80% or between 70and 80% my pb was 210 ,its now 220_ I'm trying to get at least 250 by the end of the year its my first time doing a cycle like this,what im getting at is what % would you do for the volume stage of this programe? PS thanks for link on your post just to make this clear though im not actually doing gants program I just realised it was similar, and thus wondered if I was doing to much,and as for this kinda periodization not working I guess I'll find out can't stop now I've started I'll post my results see how I do :-)
You are here: HomeForumGeneral Bullshitlamar gants 8/5/3 deadlift program
Return to top View Desktop Site