Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumGeneral Bullshitgrip strength

grip strength

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

biggreigbroon
can any body do a 350lbs gripper?post a vid
An HG350? I have never tried it but i am a certified captain of crush (closed a CoC#3 officially) so i imagine i wouldn't have much trouble with one.
biggreigbroon
yeh m8 ive tried and its hard
I prefer CoCs and beefbuilder grippers to HGs as they are better quality. That being said if anyone wants to send me an HG350 i will close it on video and then post it back just to prove it can be done lol.
biggreigbroon
post your one of coc 3
Post Edited: 23.02.2010 @ 23:00 PM by FAT_SAM
Here is a vid from about a year ago mate, CoC#3 in each hand at the same time.

An even older one of a credit card close.

biggreigbroon
thats good well done.felix struggled wi that he came up wi some pish about the shape of his hands
I'm pretty sure Mark Felix would destroy a #3!! He's off to compete in the 'Mighty Mitts' grip event at the Arnold Classic iw a few weeks!
Post Edited: 24.02.2010 @ 00:28 AM by doc77
I can do about 14 reps right hand and only 5 reps Roll-Eyes left hand with a 250lb one but never tried a 350lb one...wouldn't mind a bash though!
Post Edited: 24.02.2010 @ 13:59 PM by goodwinm
Got a HG300 and the best i've got that is just a bit more closed than parallel. Got a COC#2 and can close it numerous times. and a COC#4 which is insane to even move an inch.
biggreigbroon
ive never tried different brands but im sure it just comes down to brand loyality coz there can be much between them surely? its just a spring
Stew
There are pretty big differences between grippers,much more than just the sping or brand loyalty. If you squeeze a coc gripper and then a heavy grips model the difference in quality becomes apparent pretty quickly but they all have there place.
Heavy grips tend to very more on strength for the same model than the coc. for instance most will say a heavy grips hg300 is about a coc 2.5, however I own one that's harder than my coc 3. You tend to find the better the quality the less variance.

I think most of us that compete in grip can shut a coc 3 but what Sam does there with one in each hand (no set on the second one) is something only the very best in the world can do.
biggreigbroon
Post Edited: 24.02.2010 @ 21:27 PM by biggreigbroon
thanks stew some good info.i would still like to see someone do hg350 mybe ill be able to do it one day in the next ten years lol
Stew
If you post Sam a gripper (we send various grippers around the grip world a lot for people to try) he will close it for you. I dont think it will trouble him to much.
You are here: HomeForumGeneral Bullshitgrip strength
Return to top View Desktop Site