Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumCompetitionsCHASE CHARITY CHALLENGE 2012 - Male and FEMALE comp!! Summer 2012

CHASE CHARITY CHALLENGE 2012 - Male and FEMALE comp!! Summer 2012

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

bigwmd
Is this still open for entries? Not heard anything yet
jones105
any more news on date?i wont be able to do it if its tha 6th may,im away from 1st to 8th
stones for last event is an excellent idea
Righto chappies and ladies....

Went to see Mr Frampton today to work out the finer details...

FIRSTLY - THE DATE ..... Changed to Sunday 3rd of JUNE at 11:00am. This is a 4 day bank holiday with the MONDAY AND TUESDAY being bank holidays (for her majesties jubilee!!) At the PARK AND RIDE, OLD PORSTMOUTH ROAD, GUILDFORD,SURREY.

SECONDLY - THE CLASSES....Sorry guys, but looking at all interested athletes, we are going to split it up into NOVICES and INTERMEDIATES.

We had a bit of interest from some brilliant opens, but not enough to make a good group. Also, we had such diversity that the weight classes would have been far too mixed (apologies to the OPEN guys who offered their support, hope you will still make it down for the day!!)

So WOMENS, NOVICES and INTERMEDIATES

THIRDLY - THE EVENTS (slight changes due to change in classes and a bit more detail)

EVENT 1- One hand overhead press
Ladies - 20kg Thick handle/25kg thin handle
Novices - 53 kg circus dumbell
Intermediates - 60kg monster (thick handle dumbell)

details - most reps 60 seconds. Can use two hands from the floor BUT MUST HAVE CLEARLY LET GO WITH THE OTHER HAND BEFORE THE PRESS BEGINS!! Judges decision final

EVENT 2 - Axle Squat
Ladies - 60kg
Novices - 180kg
Intermediates - 220kg

details - Axle bar, in a power cage. No suits. Belts, knee wraps are fine. Reps in 60 seconds.

EVENT 3- Farmers Walk
Ladies 50kg (each hand)
Novice - 90kg each hand
Intermediate 120kg each hand

details - handles thickness of normal oly bar, about 16/18" pickup. 40 meters with one turn. You choose if you put down and turn, or turn holding them. Can drop as many times as you like. 75 seconds to complete the course.

EVENT 4- Truck Pull / Push
Ladies - 7.5 tonne vehicle to be pushed 15 meters
Novice - 7.5 tonne vehicle to be pulled (harness) over 20 meter course
INTERMEDIATE - 14 tonne truck to be pulled (harness) over 20 meter course

details - time limit of 75 seconds

EVENT 5- Deadlift
Ladies - 2.5" axle - 120kg approx
Novice - car deadlift - approx 200/220kg
Intermediate - car deadlift - approx 250/270kg

details - 60 seconds for all
- for the mens - the pickup is approx 18" and the handles are set to the side (see the vid at the start of this thread) - weights are approximate as the weight is changed by extending the handles which will not be exact!! From experience, it is easier than it sounds!!

So - have a look, have a read see if you are still interested. We are looking for 6-8 ladies and maximum of 12 in each of the male classes.

Apologies for anyone who finds that this no longer suits them.

Minimum sponsorship of £100 payable on the day.

I am now taking names for actual places - Initially, please put your name down on here (I will need you to pm me some details in the next couple of weeks so I can post out sponsorship forms and posters etc). The previous list of "interested people" will not assure you a place. You need to add your name NOW if you want to be in!!

Myself and Rob will take final decision on who is in and who is out to make the fairest and best competition. I will keep an updated list of the competitors who are in, on here from now until the competition.

Best of luck to all.....You are the CHASE hero's!!
Grin
bigwmd
Simon Cooper - Novice please
David Nash - Inters
ellwood
Post Edited: 26.01.2012 @ 07:40 AM by ellwood
please put me down for the novices -steve ellwood
Thanks guys. Have four novices and four intermediates on the list. Keep adding your names if you are defo up for it.
stevebaldo
i think i will have to have a bash at the inters please.
steve baldock
daniella
Daniella Scozzi - Ladies please
jones105
put my name down for novice please
tyrone jones
Inters please dan tipper
jones105
with truck pull in novice,this may seen a silly question but.is truck to be pulled facein forward/backward,with rope? Etc....
SouthernBrother
I'm still up for it, will be a big challenge. Craig Appleton, novice. Thanks.
Bear
Got potentially 3-4 for the novices.

All will be through me (Scott matthews)

You are here: HomeForumCompetitionsCHASE CHARITY CHALLENGE 2012 - Male and FEMALE comp!! Summer 2012
Return to top View Desktop Site