Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumTraining & Training Videosstrongman advice

strongman advice

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

JD
Post Edited: 18.07.2011 @ 16:04 PM by JD
Hi guys

I'm getting back into training and I'm building a basic gym in my backgarden. This is going to have barbell, bench, kegs, sandbags, farmers etc

I've been think I'd do

Day 1- squats, deads, rows, pullups all higer reps
Day 2- bench, strict press, cg bench
Rest for couple days
Day 3- squats heavy, keg or sandbag walks,farmers
Day 4- log or clean and push press, pulls/pushes, loading

Now is it stupid to do 2 days of events type work? I know most people only do 1? Or shud I change my idea and have 1 event day and 3 gym.

Tho having the equipment there, can I incorprate strongman and gym training on the same days?

Cheers
Lil john
JD said:
Day 1- squats, deads, rows, pullups all higer reps
Day 2- bench, strict press, cg bench
Rest for couple days
Day 3- squats heavy, keg or sandbag walks,farmers
Day 4- log or clean and push press, pulls/pushes, loading

Now is it stupid to do 2 days of events type work? I know most people only do 1? Or shud I change my idea and have 1 event day and 3 gym.

Tho having the equipment there, can I incorprate strongman and gym training on the same days?

Cheers

I put strongman stuff in with gym work! I only cg bench on a normal bar all other pressing is done as log or axle, I do yoke on my leg day and stones on my back day
Try it and see!
welcome back mate...must be a good 2-3 years since you were last down at 'The Dungeon'
JD
Yeah mate been a while.

Lifes been a rollercoaster now living in leeds.
Wanting to get back to the stuff I love.
Shame cos was really getting into it at the dungeon. But just have to start again and go all the way. And hopefully can build most equipment or get it cheap lol.
Noticed you were down for doing a few events, and vids I've seen your looking strong man.
JD
and cheers for replies. Seems be good to do both then.
I would like to get to meet some guys and do some events to meet some other lifters but can just change the training that week.
I know gra bul does events not to far from me
You are here: HomeForumTraining & Training Videosstrongman advice
Return to top View Desktop Site