REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 1 member and 130 guests

Wanna get a shit load stronger n a touch leaner (not bb tho!!!)

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

jlr1980Icon...15-02-2010 @ 18:56 
Member 1027, 17 posts
SQ 200, BP 165, DL 191
556.0 kgs @ 131kgs UnEq
Had a couple of week out, moved house and suffering with a bit of (man) flu.
went back in the gym thurs 11/2, with every intention of a nice light session to get back into it, couldnt help myself and loaded up the bar at squat rack, got up to 150k,
barx12
70x10
120x4
150x1(pb/pulled back!!)
pulled something on the way back up so gunna leave ego at home and go light for a while.
jlr1980Icon27 months on........12-05-2012 @ 21:19 
Member 1027, 17 posts
SQ 200, BP 165, DL 191
556.0 kgs @ 131kgs UnEq
So, am a bit stronger, certainly not any leaner & roughly the same weight.
Iv been looking in on the articles and forums and updating my PBs since my last entry.

The Gym im at now is just starting to run some comps, nothing serious at all, starting with a bench press contest (1rm). Im fairly confident ill do ok but at my weight im really hoping to come top or close, theres lads a lot lighter who can hit roughly what im hitting. Its ego really, id like my lift to be well in excess of bodyweight, if im the heaviest in there i wanna be the strongest too!!

Its 7 weeks till the comp and im after tips from anyone with experience. iv just started Wendlers 5,3,1 this week and i dont think u can fault it as a routine but dont think i will make any massive gains in 7 weeks.
problem is in around 5 and a half weeks im abroad for a week, visiting family so not even a dodgy hotel gym to use.
I have read that a week off training pre-comp can help, but it'll be a week and half before i go, with me coming back 4 days beforehand. Im thinking of adding heavy partials off a squat rack to help with the bottom of the press but would really appreciate any advice anyone has.

© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions