You are here: HomeForumGeneral Bullshitback pain

back pain

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

JohnIconso03-06-2014 @ 20:38 
#biggef
Member 5263, 3492 posts
SQ 260, BP 195, DL 260
715.0 kgs @ 130kgs UnEq
I'm hoping its just a blocked si ,I've done some stretches that one of you suggested, also some on YouTube and its eased alot ,So hopefully it is si,but if it is worst case scenario herniated disc or slipped disc would my lifting days be over? I have also been told if I'd slipped a disc I would really know about it. Just weights are pretty much what i like to do.
WesIcon...03-06-2014 @ 23:37 
31.6 and Obese !! Get in....
Member 869, 1355 posts
SQ 320, BP 200, DL 310
830.0 kgs @ 97.5kgs Eq
The symptoms you describe are very similar to what I am encountering currently myself. It's been just over 3 weeks with the only improvement being the sciatic nerve pain easing off. The lower back pain is still evident. I'm really hoping I've not damaged a disc also. It doesn't bother me at all to squat, which I find odd, even d/e Deadlifts at 50% last week were fine, if a little stupid. Just waiting for private physio, wouldn't touch a GP.
Sorry to hijack your thread with my boring s**t, hope all goes well !!!
Take it steady !!
JohnIconlol04-06-2014 @ 12:15 
#biggef
Member 5263, 3492 posts
SQ 260, BP 195, DL 260
715.0 kgs @ 130kgs UnEq
Wes said:The symptoms you describe are very similar to what I am encountering currently myself. It's been just over 3 weeks with the only improvement being the sciatic nerve pain easing off. The lower back pain is still evident. I'm really hoping I've not damaged a disc also. It doesn't bother me at all to squat, which I find odd, even d/e Deadlifts at 50% last week were fine, if a little stupid. Just waiting for private physio, wouldn't touch a GP.
Sorry to hijack your thread with my boring s**t, hope all goes well !!!
Take it steady !!

Don't be daft mate happy to hear from all,I to find squats fine, strange thing is before I had my time off I did 180 with chains attach to test them no problem ( 180 is about 75/80%) then when I came back after resting a week I could barely manage 150k so totally peed off. But I'm gonna go see a sports physio as suggested I'd advise you to do the same,hopefully something easy to sort out I let you know what happen, PS been doing stretches that were mentioned on here and you tube and it does seem to be easing a little give um a work :-)
VinnyJonesIcon...05-06-2014 @ 14:20 
Who said it's hardcore?
Member 3896, 847 posts
SQ 265, BP 150, DL 320
735.0 kgs @ 128kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 05.06.2014 @ 14:20 PM by VinnyJones
John said:I'm hoping its just a blocked si ,I've done some stretches that one of you suggested, also some on YouTube and its eased alot ,So hopefully it is si,but if it is worst case scenario herniated disc or slipped disc would my lifting days be over? I have also been told if I'd slipped a disc I would really know about it. Just weights are pretty much what i like to do.

I've herniated my disc twice. First time worst than the second.

I got myself right and then I did Bill Starrs Lower Back Rehab every single day for a month.

Never had a problem since in that area. And I've competed 4 times since with no re-occurrence. So there is hope mate.
JohnIconcheers05-06-2014 @ 15:39 
#biggef
Member 5263, 3492 posts
SQ 260, BP 195, DL 260
715.0 kgs @ 130kgs UnEq
VinnyJones said:
I've herniated my disc twice. First time worst than the second.
I got myself right and then I did Bill Starrs Lower Back Rehab every single day for a month.
Never had a problem since in that area. And I've competed 4 times since with no re-occurrence. So there is hope mate.

Cheers for that mate so there is hope :-) :-) :-) :-) I'll look bil stars up to :-) :-)
JohnIconso10-06-2014 @ 18:26 
#biggef
Member 5263, 3492 posts
SQ 260, BP 195, DL 260
715.0 kgs @ 130kgs UnEq
OK so just in case anyone is experiencing what have been its probably an si joint but if you can get seen by a sports physio do so if not I found lying on the floor bring your right knee up and try and gentally pull you knee over youleft leg keeping both shoulders on the floor and repeat on the otherside there is often a bit of a crick but it seems to release tention also stretch in hams,quads and hip abductors, and no deads just extentions , lost a lot of power but at least I'm not broke thanks for the tips on this thread greatly appreciated :-)

You are here: HomeForumGeneral Bullshitback pain
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions