REGISTER
 

Value of "Muscle Snatch"

DanCarrisonIconValue of "Muscle Snatch"17-03-2007 @ 22:17 
Member 61, 5 posts
Hello,

Newcomer here, from Los Angeles.

I discovered this forum from youtube, after watching an incredible video of Mikhail Koklyaev. One of his lifts was a muscle snatch with 150 kilos! I've never seen very many people muscle snatch--and never with such a heavy weight. I have always liked the lift, because it's the only floor-to-ceiling lift I know of that can be done in one movement. I like the high pull and what it does to my traps.

Just curious if I'm the only one who likes this lift. What do you guys think of the muscle snatch? Is there a lot of value to it?

Thanks

Dan
tokarIcon...17-03-2007 @ 22:19 
Avatar
Невыносимо Высокомерный (RIP)
Member 11, 965 posts
SQ 190, BP 140, DL 255
585.0 kgs @ 95kgs UnEq
I don't think there's a lot of value in it for non weightlifters, and I've also never known any weightlifters do it as an exercise in its own right either to be honest. I've seen a few do muscle snatches as a warm up for snatches or power snatches.
RobIcon...17-03-2007 @ 22:27 
Avatar
Does f*ck all for SugdenBarbell.co.uk
Member 1, 7174 posts
SQ 182.5, BP 110, DL 205
497.5 kgs @ 107kgs UnEq
Administrator
At the seminar somebody asked Koklyaev about the muscle snatch and he said he often uses it as a warm up for his sessions.

By the way, welcome to the site! I think you are our first overseas member!
JoniIcon...18-03-2007 @ 09:55 
Avatar
left the country satisfied
Member 10, 19241 posts
SQ 240, BP 150, DL 270
660.0 kgs @ 107kgs UnEq
Originally posted by Rob...
By the way, welcome to the site! I think you are our first overseas member!


apart from fazc f**king off to Korea!

Welcome to the site mate! (nothing intelligent to say about muscle snatches from me)
© Sugden Barbell 2026 Privacy - Terms & Conditions