Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsTreading Water

Treading Water

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

JC said:you in good shape for the comp mate?

I was progressing nicely this time last week, but I think 6 days in the Hebrides has taken the edge off a bit, and my mental focus is a bit elsewhere. I guess going through the process of buying a house 500 miles away does that to you.
little_a said:Having a log filled with secret training that you wont tell anyone about is awesome Martin. It's like reading Fritzles diary, but with more chest work.

Glad you enjoy. I'd rather do that than abandon the log for a month and let people think I've packed in. Just doesn't seem sensible to tell fellow competitors what I'm capable of (or not capable of!!) in the build up. I'm saving the top sets I've been doing on a word document and I'll post them after the comp.
Martin1956 said:
Glad you enjoy. I'd rather do that than abandon the log for a month and let people think I've packed in.

I stopped keeping a log and people thought I was dead Unhappy
little_a said:
I stopped keeping a log and people thought I was dead Unhappy

QED!
Just been told that the '20s' I used last week each weigh 22.9! As there were 4 of them being used, I think I unwittingly got a lifetime pb. That's made me feel better Happy
Benched. Well. Happy. Happy
Well done on the no benches. Cooking on gas now Martin. You have every right to be happy.
Being a rock ard Jock yourself I thought you'd appreciate this one. I was googling Brenda Bakke (for cheap twinge sensations) and somehow followed the browsing through to Lana Turner (Bakke played her in LA confidential)

From Wiki - "Turner met Johnny Stompanato during the spring of 1957, shortly after ending her marriage to Barker. At first, Turner was susceptible to Stompanato's good looks and prowess as a lover, but after she discovered his ties to the Los Angeles underworld (in particular, his association with gangster Mickey Cohen), she tried to break off the affair out of fear of bad publicity. Stompanato was not easily deterred, however, and over the course of the following year, they carried on a relationship filled with violent arguments, physical abuse and repeated reconciliations.

In the fall of 1957, Stompanato followed Turner to England where she was filming Another Time, Another Place (1958) costarring Sean Connery. Afraid that Turner was having an affair with Connery, Stompanato stormed onto the set brandishing a gun. Connery punched Stompanato's jaw once and took away his gun. Stompanato was soon deported by Scotland Yard for the incident."

Another reason why SC rocks. Flying the flag man. Flying the flag. Grin
Nice one! That Lana Turner couldn't half fill a sweater!

Anyway, trained back today in Stones. First back workout in three weeks iirc so didn't intend to pull up any trees, but just didn't like the equipment. Why do they piss about with fancy cam actions that simply ain't as good as the tried and trusted basic stuff?

Anyway, can't remember the numbers, but I did

Lat Pulldown - 3 sets of 10
Lat Pulldown (Close Grip) - 3 sets of 10
Lat Machine with narrow handles - 2 sets of 10 (didn't like)
Superman Rows - 2 sets of 10
Rowing Machine - 3 sets of 10 (horrible action)
Seated CS Rowing Machine - 3 sets of 10 (horrible, didn't seem to do anything, even on full stack)
Pulling Machine that seemed to work the rear delts a bit - 3 sets of 10
Preacher Curl Machine - 3 sets of 10
Dumbell curls - 2 sets of 10, then a drop set of 8, 8, 8!

Me doing a drop set!! On bis!!

Give me a decent rowing machine and a decent lat pulldown machine instead of all that fancy s**te any day. Back to my normal surroundings next week for sure.
Martin1956 said:Nice one! That Lana Turner couldn't half fill a sweater!

She was years ahead of Carrie Fisher too. http://www.celebs101.com/gallery/Lana_Turner/67255/lana_turner...

You do realise that since Pete chased away MasterT that your refusal to post vids, pics or even figures of your training now probably makes you Sugdens most mysterious member? Wink
Benched raw very well. I may have had better sessions in my life, but if I have I can't remember them. Three more sessions to go...
Martin1956 said:I may have had better sessions in my life, but if I have I can't remember them.

Senile old t**t Wink
Deadlift. Not done this for 3 weeks, and 'twas hot and humid, so no reps, just a few singles to see where we are...

60 for 8
100 for 5
140 for 2
160 for 1
170 for 1
180 for 1 - hmm, there might just be more there
187.5 for 1 (GYM PB!!!)
Finish.

When I say finish, I had thoughts of 170x2 and 160x3 to finish, but the 170 wouldn't budge. Funny old game this lifting lark.
How big is your snake?
Just over 30 inches uncoiled.

You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsTreading Water
Return to top View Desktop Site