Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitTravelling to Bolton via Wigan

Travelling to Bolton via Wigan

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

Thought I'd ask here as I know there are a few lads on here from round that way. I've got to go to Bolton from Liverpool and routefinder is telling me to go via Wigan. Just wondered what this route is like traffic wise in the morning as heard it can be v bad.

Cheers
Depends on the time mate. I'd opt for M62 M60 M61 or M6 M61. Bit longer but most times a bit quicker.

Wigan can be a nightmare unless we're talking about Sugdens only official and now proffessional olympic lifter who's aceGrin
would probably be going through Wigan around 7-7.30 am.

Someone else has suggested going down the east lancs then cutting across via westhoughton.
Marsbar said:would probably be going through Wigan around 7-7.30 am.

Someone else has suggested going down the east lancs then cutting across via westhoughton.

If you're hitting Wigan at that time you should be ok traffic-wise. Between 8 and 9 is a different story.

Westhoughton can be bad for traffic in the morning to i'd probably avoid that route.

The motorway route LittleA suggests would be fairly safe, and would avoid trudging through town centres etc.
little_a said:Depends on the time mate. I'd opt for M62 M60 M61 or M6 M61. Bit longer but most times a bit quicker.

Wigan can be a nightmare unless we're talking about Sugdens only official and now proffessional olympic lifter who's aceGrin

I agree with Littler, dont think you have to go via Wigan, I certainly wouldn't

That been said, be little traffic in or around Wigan at that time IME
You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitTravelling to Bolton via Wigan
Return to top View Desktop Site