Boxing question

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

dr_hazbunIconBoxing question23-11-2008 @ 14:36 
tabbouleh and fattoush salads were very refreshing
Member 267, 8548 posts
SQ 220, BP 165, DL 250
635.0 kgs @ 90kgs Eq
Is professional boxing tested?

Amateur boxing being an Olympic sport obviously is but are the pros tested for PED's?

Was having a discussion about this with a friend over a few jars last night.
PhilKlidarasIcon...23-11-2008 @ 22:24 
Cut him some slack, he is an american
Member 311, 1751 posts
in this country i believe the BBBofC do test.....but i am not 100% sure, but if i had to put money on it, then i would

as for the USA, depends on the state as there is no centralised regulatory body like we have in this country...i know that James Toney, Fernando Vargas and Shane Moseley have failed tests for gear....i believe that they were in the Nevada.
spug_myersIcon...25-11-2008 @ 15:16 
is weaker than a guy who trains in the poshest gym
Member 21, 70 posts
SQ 220, BP 155, DL 275
650.0 kgs @ 100kgs UnEq
I doubt there is any boxing governing body with the will or the capacity to test randomly out of season.

Which to me means you aren't testing at all. The only guys you catch are the ones who weren't taking what they thought they were.
PhilKlidarasIcon...25-11-2008 @ 18:39 
Cut him some slack, he is an american
Member 311, 1751 posts
but the safety and medical aspects tend to be regulated by the local authorities who send inspectors to make sure things are being run accordingly

as far as world sanctioning bodies, they have the privilege of ripping folks off of their hard earned in order to 'sanction' a contest, which tends to mean varying amounts by association....they'll send am associate along to make sure things are run in accordance with their rules but that's about it really...no real drug testing by them.
You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitBoxing question
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions